The Dunham School
- The Dunham School seeks to provide students with the opportunity for college-preparatory education set in the framework of Christian instruction and example.
- To this end, the school offers boys and girls rigorous academic instruction, challenging athletic and recreational activities and creative expression in the fine arts.
- Each of these opportunities is ultimately grounded in a desire to educate the heart.
- By “education of the heart” we mean addressing issues from a Christian perspective and allowing our students the opportunity to begin to understand themselves and the world around them from a Christian world view.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||717 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||72 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-12 | 1281 students
5750 Parkview Church Rd
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-12 | 623 students
2037 Quail Dr
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-12 | 943 students
3200 Woodland Ridge Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
- Baton RougeGrades: PK-8 | 566 students
8850 Goodwood Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Baton RougeGrades: KG-12 | 214 students
8919 World Ministry Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70826
Best school in Baton Rouge! The small class size alone sets the school apart from so many others. With this environment the faculty/teachers provide so much more to each student as well as better academic attention. Dunham is the school for parents who are looking for a Christ centered education for their children as well as developing their character - "educating the mind and heart for Christ". It's present in this school.
- Posted by Parent - amy.b
Two of my children have graduated and two still attend Dunham. We visited many schools in Baton Rouge before our final selection of Dunham. Though no school is perfect, Dunham has educated our children with a Christian worldview. They have ramped academics up over the last 5 years with excellent results. My graduates are thriving in college and medical school with the excellent foundation Dunham helped build. The Dunham community of teachers and parents has helped us through some challenging circumstances. THANK YOU to Dunham for all they are giving to my children.
- Posted by Parent - Famil
I have worked in several outstanding private schools prior to Dunham. I find the Dunham culture to be the healthiest I have ever known. People at Dunham work hard to make that culture so pervasive you can "feel" it. I suggest you come experience it personally.
- Posted by Administrator - Bobby
My 2 daughters have attended Dunham for a few years. The faculty truly care, pray for, and expect excellence from the students. I love the school and would recommend it to anyone!
- Posted by Parent - Kcoas
Dunham has been the most challenging, loving and nurturing school we have ever attended. The individualized education and Christian atmosphere is like no other my family has experienced. My children have attended Dunham for a little over 4 years and I can not imagine sending my children any where else.
- Posted by Parent - Adutr
This is a good quality school....
- Posted by Parent - missi