The Dunham School
- As the leading private Christian school in Baton Rouge for girls and boys in PK3-12, Dunham prepares students for success in college and in life.
- Within the framework of Christian instruction and example, students are challenged to think, empowered to lead, inspired to create, motivated to win, and prepared to meet their God-given potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||735 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||123 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||25 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese, AP Computer Science, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP European History, AP French, AP Latin, AP Physics C, AP Physics I, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: 2D Design, AP Studio Art: 3D Design, AP US Government and Politics, AP US History,|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,656|
|Tuition Notes||2017-2018 Tuition ranges from $8,350 to $16,565. Merit-based scholarships and tuition assistance awards are available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Pricer|
|Admissions Associate||Ashley D'Aubin|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||27 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, Board Game Club, Dunham International Student Center, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, French Club, Friends of the MAC, Institute of Leadership, Interact Club, Jr. Robotics, Latin Club, Lower School Chapel Helpers, Lower School Sunshine Helpers, Mathletes, Middle School House System, National Honors Society, National Jr. Honors Society, Peer-Tutoring, Prefect System, Robotics, Spanish Club, Youth Legislature
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Dance, Jazz Band, Theatre, Visual Arts
- At Dunham, you`ll find intentionally small classes, where a blend of traditional and innovative teaching is combined with the latest technology to ignite creativity and intellectual curiosity. You`ll discover expert teachers who treasure each child as the individual he or she was created to be, and you`ll find challenging academic, athletic, fine arts, and leadership programs that enable our 735 PreK3-12th grade students to meet their God-given potential now and in the future. But it`s not just our college preparatory curriculum, cutting-edge technology, and innovative programs that single us out as the leading independent school in Baton Rouge. It`s how our faculty and students use these resources every day-collaborating, problem solving, mentoring, communicating, learning, and leading-that`s unique. And it`s the Christ-like love modeled and lived out daily that creates a palpable and joyful spirit on our campus-a spirit that makes all the difference in preparing students for college and for life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-12 | 1274 students
5750 Parkview Church Rd
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
(225)291-2500 2.5 PK-12
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-12 | 623 students
2037 Quail Dr
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225)769-6760 2.9 PK-12
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-12 | 943 students
3200 Woodland Ridge Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
(225)753-3180 4.1 PK-12
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-8 | 521 students
8850 Goodwood Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)926-4885 4.3 PK-8
- Baton Rouge Grades: KG-12 | 214 students
8919 World Ministry Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70826
(225)768-3027 6.3 KG-12
Our daughter received a wonderful education at Dunham. While in high school she had the opportunity to take AP and Dual Enrollment courses for college credit and was also able to participate in fine arts and athletics. The school's technology program is the best in the city, and you won't find the Christian atmosphere anywhere else. The best decision our family made was to send our daughter to Dunham.
- Posted by Parent - Leslie
Best school in Baton Rouge! The small class size alone sets the school apart from so many others. With this environment the faculty/teachers provide so much more to each student as well as better academic attention. Dunham is the school for parents who are looking for a Christ centered education for their children as well as developing their character - "educating the mind and heart for Christ". It's present in this school.
- Posted by Parent - amy.b
Two of my children have graduated and two still attend Dunham. We visited many schools in Baton Rouge before our final selection of Dunham. Though no school is perfect, Dunham has educated our children with a Christian worldview. They have ramped academics up over the last 5 years with excellent results. My graduates are thriving in college and medical school with the excellent foundation Dunham helped build. The Dunham community of teachers and parents has helped us through some challenging circumstances. THANK YOU to Dunham for all they are giving to my children.
- Posted by Parent - Famil
I have worked in several outstanding private schools prior to Dunham. I find the Dunham culture to be the healthiest I have ever known. People at Dunham work hard to make that culture so pervasive you can "feel" it. I suggest you come experience it personally.
- Posted by Administrator - Bobby
Dunham has been the most challenging, loving and nurturing school we have ever attended. The individualized education and Christian atmosphere is like no other my family has experienced. My children have attended Dunham for a little over 4 years and I can not imagine sending my children any where else.
- Posted by Parent - Adutr
My 2 daughters have attended Dunham for a few years. The faculty truly care, pray for, and expect excellence from the students. I love the school and would recommend it to anyone!
- Posted by Parent - Kcoas
This is a good quality school....
- Posted by Parent - missi