The Dunham School
- Top Ranked LA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 754 students
- Yearly Tuition: $19,725
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Basketball Team Wins State Championship - 03/18/2020Students poured into the gym to celebrate the Tigers 48-47 victory over rival Episcopal in the Division III title game played Friday night. Because of coronavirus mandates that required the teams to play the game without fans, the Dunham players had quite a story to tell their classmates.
- Dunham Receives Seventh Apple Distinguished School Award - 02/10/2020The Dunham School is thrilled to announce that we have received our seventh consecutive Apple Distinguished School Award for the use of innovation and technology to transform teaching and learning. Dunham has been designated as an Apple Distinguished School continuously since 2011and is the only school in Louisiana, and one of only a few in the nation, to hold seven awards.
The Dunham School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Louisiana for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Beta Club, Board Game Club, Dunham International Student Center, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, French Club, Friends of the MAC, Institute of Leadership, Interact Club, Jr. Robotics, Latin Club, Lower School Chapel Helpers, Lower School Sunshine Helpers, Mathletes, Middle School House System, National Honors Society, National Jr. Honors Society, Peer-Tutoring, Prefect System, Robotics, Spanish Club, Youth Legislature
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Dance, Jazz Band, Theatre, Visual Arts
- At Dunham, you`ll find intentionally small classes, where a blend of traditional and innovative teaching is combined with the latest technology to ignite creativity and intellectual curiosity. You`ll discover expert teachers who treasure each child as the individual he or she was created to be, and you`ll find challenging academic, athletic, fine arts, and leadership programs that enable our 764 PreK2-12th grade students to meet their God-given potential now and in the future. But it`s not just our college preparatory curriculum, cutting-edge technology, and innovative programs that single us out as the leading independent school in Baton Rouge. It`s how our faculty and students use these resources every day-collaborating, problem solving, mentoring, communicating, learning, and leading-that`s unique. And it`s the Christ-like love modeled and lived out daily that creates a palpable and joyful spirit on our campus-a spirit that makes all the difference in preparing students for college and for life.
Endorse The Dunham School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards