- Founded by parents in 1932, we are an independent elementary school for children age 3 through sixth grade.
- The Miquon School mission states: we treasure and celebrate childhood.
- We give our students time to play and grow.
- Our program and our environment encourage wonder, inquiry, independence, and discovery.
- We seek to create confident, life-long learners who will move out into the wider world with strong academic and social skills, intense personal interests, a love for the arts, and a commitment to building inclusive and peaceful communities.
- We are dedicated to learning together in the rich tradition of Progressive education that is our founders' legacy.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Delaware Valley Independent Schools (ADVIS)
Pennsylvania Association of Independent Schools (PAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 12 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,041|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is all-inclusive. Payment options include monthly instalments.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$9,958|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Andrea Myers|
- We believe that:
- Children learn by doing.
- Helping children learn to think is as important as teaching any specific subject matter.
- Learning occurs in ways unique to each child.
- Children's curiosity and initiative are integral to their education.
- Independence is a vital part of every child's development.
- Working with others enhances children's growth in every domain.
- Every person is a thinker, creator, and contributor.
- The natural world is a place to learn.
- Childhood should be fun, and children should find joy in learning.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Plymouth MeetingGrades: NS-6 | 137 students
2150 Butler Pike
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Fort WashingtonGrades: PK-12 | 1109 students
340 Morris Rd
Fort Washington, PA 19034
NorristownGrades: NS-8 | 237 students
50 West Germantown Pike
Norristown, PA 19401
AmblerGrades: PK-6 | 214 students
1632 E Butler Pike
Ambler, PA 19002
PhiladelphiaGrades: PK-8 | 453 students
2501 Lombard Street
Philadelphia, PA 19146