Grades: PK-8 | 256 students
- Montessori Community School is home to 230+ students, pre-school through eighth grade.
- The MCS campus is set on 13 acres of natural landscape that lends itself to a Montessori environment.
- An American Montessori Society-accredited school, MCS has wonderful indoor and outdoor spaces where students can work, play, discover, and learn.
- We have a highly dedicated and trained faculty that guide each child's progress through the curriculum.
- We educate children according to Dr. Maria Montessori's highest values of community, love of learning, perseverance, and education as an aid to life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program and length of school day|
|Admissions Director||Mike Miller|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeSoccer, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Ceramics, Chess, Girls on the Run, Jazz, Mandarin Music & Movement, Music of Nature, Rhythm and Roots, Soccer, Tee Ball, West African Drumming, Yoga Art, Ceramics, Chess, Jazz, Soccer, Tee Ball, Yoga, Girls on the Run,
Mandarin Music & Movement,
Music of Nature,
Rhythm and Roots,
West African Drumming,
- Montessori Community School is a place to grow; a place where indoor classrooms and outdoor environments provide children with direct access to the natural world; a place where dedicated, highly-trained faculty prepare beautiful, orderly classrooms and skillfully guide each child's progress through the curriculum; a place where MCS parents are active partners in their children's education, confident that Montessori methods inspire academic excellence and healthy interactions. Located on the border of Chapel Hill and Durham, the The Montessori Community School is accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). We welcome qualified applicants into our toddler, pre-K (primary), elementary, and adolescent programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DurhamGrades: NS-6 | 152 students
2800 Pickett Road
Durham, NC 27705
CaryGrades: NS-9 | 158 students
112 Byrum St.
Cary, NC 27511
RaleighGrades: PK-12 | 1185 students
7409 Falls Of Neuse Rd
Raleigh, NC 27615
CaryGrades: KG-12 | 800 students
1330 Old Apex Rd
Cary, NC 27513
RaleighGrades: NS-6 | 149 students
1215 Ridge Rd
Raleigh, NC 27607
This is a great school and wonderful community. The teachers are seasoned but still maintain an enthusiasm that is hard to find elsewhere. It's a positive and nurturing environment. I have a child who transitioned out after a few years and is way ahead in the public school. Arts and music programs are excellent. Needs a few more sports but lots of choices for clubs and activities.
- Posted by Parent - delwo
A wonderful school that is convenient to families in Chapel Hill and Durham. It has a true community feel to it where my children feel safe and supported by teachers at all levels as well as the administrators. Parents are very involved and welcoming to new families. Lots of great after school options: Soccer, Clay, Art, Jazz, Indian Dance, and Study Hall for those in middle school. My kids have tried most of them and enjoyed being with their friends after school hours. A school worth exploring if you are looking for a school that cares about your child and really wants them to succeed. My child started as a 3 year old and is now in 8th grade here. We all wish there was a High School here as none of us want to leave MCS!
- Posted by Parent - shave
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.