Grades: PK-5 | 97 students
- Montessori School of Alexandria is to provide an early education program in which the foundation for a lifetime of creative learning is developed effectively and efficiently in the child.
- More specifically, MSA strives to develop within the school a learning environment which surrounds the child with maximum motivation and opportunities to learn and achieve in directions consistent with his or her individual level of maturation.
- Montessori education, MSA was the first Montessori school to offer an extended day care program, making the school availible to children of two-career families and single parents who were able to look at MSA as a second "home away from home" for their children.
- Montessori elementary program helps build a strong mind, as well as good character, responsibility, and respect toward others, while instilling in the child the joy and freedom of learning.
- The learning process stimulates the child's mind and creates order within it.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||97 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlexandriaGrades: PK-6 | 128 students
8334 Mount Vernon Hwy
Alexandria, VA 22309
Mc LeanGrades: PK-6 | 239 students
1711 Kirby Road
Mc Lean, VA 22101
Fairfax StationGrades: 1-7 | 43 students
Po Box 130
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
RestonGrades: PK-6 | 172 students
11180 Ridge Heights Rd
Reston, VA 20191
Fort WashingtonGrades: K-7 | 110 students
8600 Loughran Rd
Fort Washington, MD 20744
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.