Grades: PK-8 | 112 students
- New Chapter Academy Community School "NCA" of Queens County, New York.
- New Chapter Academy is poised as an independent school, under the New York State Department of Education guidelines for not-for-profit educational institution.
- Our programs are based on the curriculum guidelines and standards established by the New York State Department of Education.
- NCA prepares our students for a future of ever-increasing learning technology and skills.
- NCA offers UPK, Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth grade, College Preparatory Classes, Scholar Academic Programs, Languages, Arts, Cultural and Athletics Programs.
- The curriculums standards are diligently reviewed and updated appropriately.
- New Chapter Academy retains a Provisional Charter from the New York State Board of Regents.
- New Chapter Academy is a community school and admits students of any race to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, or sex in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship programs and athletic and other sponsored programs.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||112 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Softball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- New Chapter Academy in the independent tradition affirms the primacy of learning. We empower every student in our educationally diverse community to meet responsibly the challenges of everyday life by promoting academic achievement, personal development and social involvement. We further believe that by recognizing each student's individual identity, New Chapter Academy fosters the self-worth necessary to succeed. When choosing a school for your child, you place your trust in the NCA Administration and Faculty. We promise to offer the best academic training in an environment in which your child will be recognized for his or her individuality. Outside the family home, your child the school is the primary group within which your child will pass the most formative years of his or her life. It is critical that you find the place that offers your child and your family the most positive involvement, consistent support, and the highest quality academic achievement opportunities. We work with the New Chapter families in partnerships that fulfill the promise we make of providing rigorous academic programs in a nurturing environment. Families that put their trust in New Chapter Academy have more than success with students and their trust has been honored. We look forward to continued exploration with New Chapter Academy School by participating in our parent and student programs.
Profile last updated: 11/25/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Queens VillageGrades: KG-12 | 69 students
21532 Jamaica Ave
Queens Village, NY 11428
JamaicaGrades: PK-8 | 488 students
17110 Linden Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11434
Valley StreamGrades: K-12 | 155 students
12 E. Fairview Ave
Valley Stream, NY 11580
Cambria HeightsGrades: K-6 | 255 students
23310 Linden Blvd
Cambria Heights, NY 11411
LaureltonGrades: PK-8 | 238 students
13701 228th St
Laurelton, NY 11413
Heard great things about this school
- Posted by Parent - stacy
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.