Grades: K-6 | 19 students
- Open Fields is a small non-graded private school, just off the common on Thetford Hill, Vermont.
- Founded in 1971 by Jean K. Aull, it is open to all children, ages 4 through 12.
- The central philosophy of Open Fields is that children are naturally eager to explore and discover and learn, and that every natural activity of children is, in itself, a learning experience.
- Children learn most successfully when they are free to do their very best, free from excessive competition with their peers, and free from the fear of failure.
- Failure to master something the first time or failure to be "first" must never mean disgrace, but must mean simply that it is time to attack the problem or skill again, with humor, determination, and courage.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ThetfordGrades: 7-12 | 339 students
PO Box 190
Thetford, VT 05074
LymeGrades: K-8 | 137 students
95 Dartmouth College Highway
Lyme, NH 03768
HanoverGrades: PK-K | 43 students
Po Box 5606
Hanover, NH 03755
LebanonGrades: PK-K | 61 students
1 Medical Center Drive
Lebanon, NH 03756
LebanonGrades: PK-KG | 63 students
Po Box 638
Lebanon, NH 03766
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.