Top Vermont Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 135 top private schools in Vermont, serving 12,305 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,251 for elementary schools and $33,702 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 81% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 9% and the student:teacher ratio is 7:1.
Trinity Baptist School Photo - Trinity Baptist School -- Phone: (802) 879-9007 -- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org -- Website: www.tbsvt.org
Thaddeus Stevens School Photo - Grades three and four test velocity using the snow, the hill, and their sleds.
Mater Christi School Photo - Mater Christi School is a private Catholic School sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. Visit and experience a tradition of excellence.
Maple Street School Photo - We are committed to excellence: in language arts, in mathematics; physical, life and environmental sciences; geography and history; the arts, music, drama, foreign language, computer literacy, and physical education. We believe an enriched curriculum promotes a full awareness of the world, and respect for cultural differences. We are committed to developing environmental awareness and an appreciation of the natural world in order that our students become informed, responsible stewards of the land. The visual and performing arts are vital for we believe that creativity in art, music, movement, and drama enhances the child’s capacity to attain and synthesize all knowledge and concepts. The physical education program promotes skill growth, a sense of teamwork, fair play, and a lifelong healthy body awareness.
Mountain School At Winhall Photo - One of the sports we really like to play at The Mountain School at Winhall is soccer. We also do rockcliming and fly fishing.
Lyndon Institute Photo - Lyndon Institute is a comprehensive, independent high school providing thoughtful and rigorous preparation for students of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, USA and beyond to reach their intellectual, creative, and physical potential.
Top Vermont Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 8 Schools282 Students4% Minority
- 17 Schools2,442 Students7% Minority
- 11 Schools1,848 Students13% Minority
- 30 Schools2,827 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools84 Students8% Minority
- 7 Schools312 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools537 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students10% Minority
- 11 Schools441 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools781 Students8% Minority
- 21 Schools2,072 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools510 Students7% Minority
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.