Vermont Private Schools
- There are 136 private schools in Vermont, serving 13,404 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,502 for elementary schools and $31,204 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 8% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
We are committed to excellence: in language arts, in mathematics; physical, life and environmental sciences; geography and history; the arts, music, drama, foreign language, computer literacy, and physical education. We believe an enriched curriculum promotes a full awareness of the world, and respect for cultural differences. We are committed to developing environmental awareness and an appreciation of the natural world in order that our students become informed, responsible stewards of the land. The visual and performing arts are vital for we believe that creativity in art, music, movement, and drama enhances the child’s capacity to attain and synthesize all knowledge and concepts. The physical education program promotes skill growth, a sense of teamwork, fair play, and a lifelong healthy body awareness.
The Mayo Center is home to the Grace Stuart Orcutt Library, the Colwell Center for Global Understanding and the Student Lounge.
One of the sports we really like to play at The Mountain School at Winhall is soccer. We also do rockcliming and fly fishing.
Lyndon Institute is a comprehensive, independent high school providing thoughtful and rigorous preparation for students of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, USA and beyond to reach their intellectual, creative, and physical potential.
To ensure a well rounded curriculum, Greenwood balances the academic efforts of our class day with a variety of seasonal sports activities, including: interscholastic soccer, baseball, basketball, and cross-country; lacrosse, mountain biking, skateboarding, in-line skating,disc-golf, golf, fencing, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, and snowboarding. https://youtu.be/dnT9bs2paIk
Mater Christi School is a private Catholic School sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. Visit and experience a tradition of excellence.
Vermont Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 9 Schools329 Students4% Minority
- 17 Schools2,404 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools1,951 Students13% Minority
- 29 Schools2,642 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools1,249 Students4% Minority
- 7 Schools312 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools537 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students10% Minority
- 11 Schools441 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools781 Students8% Minority
- 21 Schools2,132 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools510 Students7% Minority
August 16, 2018
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
August 14, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.