Vermont Private Schools
- There are 126 private schools in Vermont, serving 11,972 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,074 for elementary schools and $32,930 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 8% and the student:teacher ratio is 7:1.
Schoolhouse engages students with integrated studies, year-long projects, and community involvement.
To ensure a well rounded curriculum, Greenwood balances the academic efforts of our class day with a variety of seasonal sports activities, including: interscholastic soccer, baseball, basketball, and cross-country; lacrosse, mountain biking, skateboarding, in-line skating,disc-golf, golf, fencing, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, and snowboarding. https://youtu.be/dnT9bs2paIk
Mater Christi School is a private Catholic School sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. Visit and experience a tradition of excellence.
We are committed to excellence: in language arts, in mathematics; physical, life and environmental sciences; geography and history; the arts, music, drama, foreign language, computer literacy, and physical education. We believe an enriched curriculum promotes a full awareness of the world, and respect for cultural differences. We are committed to developing environmental awareness and an appreciation of the natural world in order that our students become informed, responsible stewards of the land. The visual and performing arts are vital for we believe that creativity in art, music, movement, and drama enhances the child’s capacity to attain and synthesize all knowledge and concepts. The physical education program promotes skill growth, a sense of teamwork, fair play, and a lifelong healthy body awareness.
Lyndon Institute is a comprehensive, independent high school providing thoughtful and rigorous preparation for students of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, USA and beyond to reach their intellectual, creative, and physical potential.
One of the sports we really like to play at The Mountain School at Winhall is soccer. We also do rockcliming and fly fishing.
Vermont Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 9 Schools398 Students14% Minority
- 13 Schools1,582 Students3% Minority
- 12 Schools1,990 Students4% Minority
- 29 Schools2,636 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools1,238 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools313 Students22% Minority
- 8 Schools533 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools166 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools421 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools804 Students17% Minority
- 18 Schools1,338 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools515 Students5% Minority
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 31, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.