Top Vermont Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 135 top private schools in Vermont, serving 12,307 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,545 for elementary schools and $33,098 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 81% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 8% and the student:teacher ratio is 7:1.
Lyndon Institute Photo - Lyndon Institute is a comprehensive, independent high school providing thoughtful and rigorous preparation for students of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, USA and beyond to reach their intellectual, creative, and physical potential.
St. Johnsbury Academy Photo - The Mayo Center is home to the Grace Stuart Orcutt Library, the Colwell Center for Global Understanding and the Student Lounge.
Thaddeus Stevens School Photo - Grades three and four test velocity using the snow, the hill, and their sleds.
The Greenwood School Photo - To ensure a well rounded curriculum, Greenwood balances the academic efforts of our class day with a variety of seasonal sports activities, including: interscholastic soccer, baseball, basketball, and cross-country; lacrosse, mountain biking, skateboarding, in-line skating,disc-golf, golf, fencing, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, and snowboarding. https://youtu.be/dnT9bs2paIk
The Putney School Photo - The Putney School is located on a working dairy farm. We value the dignity and relevance of physical work, which shows through our Work Program. Students carry out daily chores, collaborate in teams, learn skills, and sometimes lead crews in various areas: barn, kitchen, land-use, dining & maintenance.
Mater Christi School Photo - Mater Christi School is a private Catholic School sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. Visit and experience a tradition of excellence.
The Riverside School Photo - Our K-1st grade class worked together to carve pumpkins in October and did counting and baking activities with the seeds.
Top Vermont Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 8 Schools289 Students4% Minority
- 17 Schools2,430 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools1,957 Students13% Minority
- 29 Schools2,666 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools1,249 Students4% Minority
- 7 Schools312 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools537 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students10% Minority
- 11 Schools441 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools781 Students8% Minority
- 21 Schools2,099 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools510 Students7% Minority
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.
A Scholarship Funding Organization (SFO) is an organization which provides financial assistance for attendance at private school.
Not filling all the seats is a challenge many schools. Jason How offers some answers to common enrollment questions.