Top Vermont Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 135 top private schools in Vermont, serving 12,307 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,545 for elementary schools and $33,098 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 81% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 8% and the student:teacher ratio is 7:1.
St. Johnsbury Academy Photo - The Mayo Center is home to the Grace Stuart Orcutt Library, the Colwell Center for Global Understanding and the Student Lounge.
The Riverside School Photo - Our K-1st grade class worked together to carve pumpkins in October and did counting and baking activities with the seeds.
Maple Street School Photo - We are committed to excellence: in language arts, in mathematics; physical, life and environmental sciences; geography and history; the arts, music, drama, foreign language, computer literacy, and physical education. We believe an enriched curriculum promotes a full awareness of the world, and respect for cultural differences. We are committed to developing environmental awareness and an appreciation of the natural world in order that our students become informed, responsible stewards of the land. The visual and performing arts are vital for we believe that creativity in art, music, movement, and drama enhances the child’s capacity to attain and synthesize all knowledge and concepts. The physical education program promotes skill growth, a sense of teamwork, fair play, and a lifelong healthy body awareness.
The Greenwood School Photo - To ensure a well rounded curriculum, Greenwood balances the academic efforts of our class day with a variety of seasonal sports activities, including: interscholastic soccer, baseball, basketball, and cross-country; lacrosse, mountain biking, skateboarding, in-line skating,disc-golf, golf, fencing, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, and snowboarding. https://youtu.be/dnT9bs2paIk
Thaddeus Stevens School Photo - Grades three and four test velocity using the snow, the hill, and their sleds.
Mater Christi School Photo - Mater Christi School is a private Catholic School sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. Visit and experience a tradition of excellence.
Top Vermont Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 8 Schools289 Students4% Minority
- 17 Schools2,430 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools1,957 Students13% Minority
- 29 Schools2,666 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools1,249 Students4% Minority
- 7 Schools312 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools537 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students10% Minority
- 11 Schools441 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools781 Students8% Minority
- 21 Schools2,099 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools510 Students7% Minority
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.