Vermont Private Schools
- There are 128 private schools in Vermont, serving 12,019 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,879 for elementary schools and $31,543 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 8% and the student:teacher ratio is 7:1.
Our K-1st grade class worked together to carve pumpkins in October and did counting and baking activities with the seeds.
One of the sports we really like to play at The Mountain School at Winhall is soccer. We also do rockcliming and fly fishing.
We are committed to excellence: in language arts, in mathematics; physical, life and environmental sciences; geography and history; the arts, music, drama, foreign language, computer literacy, and physical education. We believe an enriched curriculum promotes a full awareness of the world, and respect for cultural differences. We are committed to developing environmental awareness and an appreciation of the natural world in order that our students become informed, responsible stewards of the land. The visual and performing arts are vital for we believe that creativity in art, music, movement, and drama enhances the child’s capacity to attain and synthesize all knowledge and concepts. The physical education program promotes skill growth, a sense of teamwork, fair play, and a lifelong healthy body awareness.
To ensure a well rounded curriculum, Greenwood balances the academic efforts of our class day with a variety of seasonal sports activities, including: interscholastic soccer, baseball, basketball, and cross-country; lacrosse, mountain biking, skateboarding, in-line skating,disc-golf, golf, fencing, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, and snowboarding. https://youtu.be/dnT9bs2paIk
Lyndon Institute is a comprehensive, independent high school providing thoughtful and rigorous preparation for students of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, USA and beyond to reach their intellectual, creative, and physical potential.
We have a great school that offers a time-honored, traditional curriculum that is consistent through all grades. Check us out and see what our families are raving about.
Vermont Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 9 Schools381 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools1,626 Students4% Minority
- 12 Schools1,990 Students4% Minority
- 29 Schools2,626 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools1,238 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools313 Students22% Minority
- 8 Schools533 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools166 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools421 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools804 Students17% Minority
- 19 Schools1,368 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools515 Students5% Minority
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.