Vermont Private Schools
- There are 127 private schools in Vermont, serving 11,975 students.
- The average private school tuition is $9,879 for elementary schools and $31,543 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 8% and the student:teacher ratio is 7:1.
To ensure a well rounded curriculum, Greenwood balances the academic efforts of our class day with a variety of seasonal sports activities, including: interscholastic soccer, baseball, basketball, and cross-country; lacrosse, mountain biking, skateboarding, in-line skating,disc-golf, golf, fencing, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, and snowboarding. https://youtu.be/dnT9bs2paIk
Lyndon Institute is a comprehensive, independent high school providing thoughtful and rigorous preparation for students of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, USA and beyond to reach their intellectual, creative, and physical potential.
We have a great school that offers a time-honored, traditional curriculum that is consistent through all grades. Check us out and see what our families are raving about.
One of the sports we really like to play at The Mountain School at Winhall is soccer. We also do rockcliming and fly fishing.
Vermont Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 9 Schools381 Students15% Minority
- 14 Schools1,626 Students4% Minority
- 12 Schools1,990 Students4% Minority
- 29 Schools2,626 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools1,238 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools313 Students22% Minority
- 8 Schools533 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools166 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools421 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools804 Students17% Minority
- 19 Schools1,368 Students14% Minority
- 5 Schools515 Students5% Minority
October 29, 2017
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
October 24, 2017
There are a lot of misconceptions about private schools. This is probably because private schools are indeed private.
October 24, 2017
When making an important decision that will impact the lives of your children, you need to have all the facts in place. We compiled a list of the most important factors to consider when choosing a final private school for your child.