Top Vermont Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 135 top private schools in Vermont, serving 12,311 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,251 for elementary schools and $33,893 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 81% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 9% and the student:teacher ratio is 7:1.
Trinity Baptist School Photo - Trinity Baptist School -- Phone: (802) 879-9007 -- Email: email@example.com -- Website: www.tbsvt.org
The Putney School Photo - The Putney School is located on a working dairy farm. We value the dignity and relevance of physical work, which shows through our Work Program. Students carry out daily chores, collaborate in teams, learn skills, and sometimes lead crews in various areas: barn, kitchen, land-use, dining & maintenance.
Lyndon Institute Photo - Lyndon Institute is a comprehensive, independent high school providing thoughtful and rigorous preparation for students of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, USA and beyond to reach their intellectual, creative, and physical potential.
Rock Point School Photo - Rock Point was selected as the most beautiful school in Vermont by Business Insider in 2018.
Maple Street School Photo - We are committed to excellence: in language arts, in mathematics; physical, life and environmental sciences; geography and history; the arts, music, drama, foreign language, computer literacy, and physical education. We believe an enriched curriculum promotes a full awareness of the world, and respect for cultural differences. We are committed to developing environmental awareness and an appreciation of the natural world in order that our students become informed, responsible stewards of the land. The visual and performing arts are vital for we believe that creativity in art, music, movement, and drama enhances the child’s capacity to attain and synthesize all knowledge and concepts. The physical education program promotes skill growth, a sense of teamwork, fair play, and a lifelong healthy body awareness.
The Riverside School Photo - Our K-1st grade class worked together to carve pumpkins in October and did counting and baking activities with the seeds.
The Schoolhouse Photo - Schoolhouse engages students with integrated studies, year-long projects, and community involvement.
Top Vermont Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 8 Schools282 Students4% Minority
- 17 Schools2,442 Students7% Minority
- 11 Schools1,848 Students13% Minority
- 30 Schools2,827 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools84 Students8% Minority
- 7 Schools312 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools537 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools136 Students10% Minority
- 11 Schools441 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools781 Students8% Minority
- 21 Schools2,072 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools510 Students7% Minority
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.