Top Vermont Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 136 top private schools in Vermont, serving 11,809 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,141 for elementary schools and $31,180 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 81% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 9% and the student:teacher ratio is 7:1.
St. Johnsbury Academy Photo - Streeter Bridge overlooks our outdoor amphitheater and is the entrance to Streeter Hall which houses our STEM program, our Career and Technical Education program and our Dining Hall.
Rock Point School Photo - Rock Point was selected as the most beautiful school in Vermont by Business Insider in 2018.
Trinity Baptist School Photo - Trinity Baptist School -- Phone: (802) 879-9007 -- Email: email@example.com -- Website: www.tbsvt.org
The Greenwood School Photo - Greenwood students don't build their futures on remediated weaknesses, but they do build lives and careers on their strengths and talents. Therefore, Greenwood boys have many opportunities to discover, develop and showcase their creative abilities. For instance, Greenwood offers metal works such as welding and blacksmithing, woodshop classes, and an advanced rock band.
The Riverside School Photo - Our Head of School and math teacher, Dr. Laurie Boswell, considers angle measurements with a 7th grader.
Vermont Commons School Photo - Each year, 100% of our graduating class gains acceptance to college. The Class of 2012 received 1.2 million dollars in merit based aid towards to cost of their higher education.
The Putney School Photo - Putney is a co-educational boarding and day school for grades 9-12 founded in 1935 by Carmelita Hinton. We are a progressive school, in that we value the idea that education is something to be actively pursued rather than passively received. Our commitment to Ms. Hinton's fundamental beliefs have put Putney at the leading edge of education in America.
Lyndon Institute Photo - Lyndon Institute is a comprehensive, independent high school providing thoughtful and rigorous preparation for students of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, USA and beyond to reach their intellectual, creative, and physical potential.
Top Vermont Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 8 Schools288 Students5% Minority
- 14 Schools1,644 Students4% Minority
- 11 Schools1,845 Students13% Minority
- 32 Schools3,021 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools85 Students6% Minority
- 7 Schools323 Students4% Minority
- 8 Schools533 Students5% Minority
- 3 Schools170 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools584 Students8% Minority
- 14 Schools827 Students9% Minority
- 19 Schools1,943 Students10% Minority
- 6 Schools508 Students7% Minority
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.