Vermont Private Schools
- There are 126 private schools in Vermont, serving 11,972 students.
- The average private school tuition is $10,074 for elementary schools and $32,930 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 80% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 8% and the student:teacher ratio is 7:1.
The Putney School is located on a working dairy farm. We value the dignity and relevance of physical work, which shows through our Work Program. Students carry out daily chores, collaborate in teams, learn skills, and sometimes lead crews in various areas: barn, kitchen, land-use, dining & maintenance.
The Mayo Center is home to the Grace Stuart Orcutt Library, the Colwell Center for Global Understanding and the Student Lounge.
We have a great school that offers a time-honored, traditional curriculum that is consistent through all grades. Check us out and see what our families are raving about.
Vermont Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 9 Schools381 Students15% Minority
- 13 Schools1,582 Students3% Minority
- 12 Schools1,990 Students4% Minority
- 29 Schools2,626 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools38 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools1,238 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools313 Students22% Minority
- 8 Schools533 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools166 Students4% Minority
- 9 Schools421 Students7% Minority
- 12 Schools804 Students17% Minority
- 19 Schools1,368 Students11% Minority
- 5 Schools515 Students5% Minority
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.