- Top Ranked VT School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 129 students
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Casual: casual pants and collared shirts. JSH students must wear logo shirts
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Art Club, Chess Club, Morning workshops, National Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Thursday afternoon specials
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Variable Tuition
- At the heart of the Mid Vermont Christian School mission is the commitment to provide qualified students with access to an excellent education that prepares students for college, vocation, and military, regardless of their ability to pay. To that end, Mid Vermont Christian School, in partnership with various foundations and individuals works diligently to provide scholarships and need-based tuition assistance to students from economically marginalized families, as well as from families of other socio-economic backgrounds who may be facing financial challenges that adversely affect their ability to pay tuition.
- Live Online Classroom
- We began our Live!-Online-Classroom in the 2020/21 school year. In addition to our regular campus classrooms in Quechee, Vermont, students will now be able to partake of the live classroom experience from anywhere in the world. This is a cutting-edge initiative at MVCS, that offers tremendous benefits above other online offerings.
- Homeschool Enrichment
- We will provide weekly enriching extra-curricular classes on Thursdays from 12-3 PM, for Kindergarten to 5th grade students. This will include lunch time (bring your own lunch or order pizza @ $2.00/slice) and recess, art, music, and physical education, in a Christ-centered learning environment. Your children will enjoy time learning with new friends and you can use the afternoon for your own purposes. In addition, your children can join our classes for field trips and special days like Mission`s Day, Young Reader`s Day, Spiritual Emphasis Week, and more.
- The philosophy of the Mid Vermont Christian School has at its core the belief that God is central to all knowledge and learning. The apostle Paul said, "in Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Col. 2:3). From this foundational truth spring several distinctive features of our educational philosophy. The goal of a Christian education is to guide children into a lifelong relationship of knowledge, service, and love for God through spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social training. Using God`s Word, the Bible, as our preeminent textbook, we expose children to every facet of human knowledge and experience through this authoritative filter. Each discipline is examined through the framework of our Christian beliefs and values.
- The Word of God clearly states that parents are responsible for the education of their children. Christian parents who desire to fulfill their Biblical responsibility of bringing up their children "in the nurture and admonition of the Lord" (Eph. 6:4) may do so at MVCS. The school views its role as an extension of, and not a replacement for, the home.
- Parents wishing to enroll their child(ren) at MVCS must affirm that at least one of the student`s parents is a born-again, Bible-believing Christian. The parents must be in full agreement with the doctrinal and philosophical positions of the school (found on the back of the application form). The family must regularly attend a Bible believing church.
- Each student is privileged to learn under a born-again, Bible-believing, Christian teacher who attempts to model Christ-like behavior. As students grow and develop, each of these "models" of Christ enables them to understand the way in which the Christian life is to be lived. Whether through activity, lecture, or discovery, students learn in a context that is thoroughly Christian.
- Finally, the Word of God instructs us to "do all in the name of the Lord Jesus" (Col. 3:17) and to "do it heartily" (Col. 3:23). Therefore, our goal is to provide academic excellence in every facet of the program. Whether it is Reading, Literature, Science, or Math, we strive for the very best instructional strategies, materials, and curriculum. This emphasis on quality extends to all areas of academic life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Mid Vermont Christian School often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of Mid Vermont Christian School?
What sports does Mid Vermont Christian School offer?
What is Mid Vermont Christian School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Mid Vermont Christian School?
Endorse Mid Vermont Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards