- The Sharon Academy (TSA) is a Vermont state-approved, independent day school located in beautiful Sharon, Vermont.
- With 150 students, grades 7-12, TSA offers a lively and academically rigorous academy that seeks to "nurture intelligent, independent, and creative thinking in a small school community, awakening students to their immense potential and the difference they can make in the world".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,930|
|Tuition Notes||Due to Vermont’s funding laws, The Sharon Academy is considered a “public” school for over 80% of our students. Towns in Vermont without a designated middle or high school (sending towns) pay tuition for their students to attend any school of their choice|
|Admissions Director||Amber Wylie|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Winter TrackAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Kayaking,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Community Service, Dartmouth Model UN Conference, FIRST Robotics Team, Prom Committe, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ski and Snowboard Club
- The community and student focused curriculum at The Sharon Academy is founded on the belief that all students have the potential to change their own lives as well as their communities. Therefore, community is woven into all of our activities: academic, athletic, dramatic, and artistic. Students are not only expected to participate and speak up in the decision making process at school, they are also encouraged to take responsibility for enhancing their own education. From independent studies, to junior and senior exhibition projects, to student driven extracurricular activities, and student-taught electives, TSA students are independent, innovative, and engaged.
- "Our students remind us daily that the operative word in education is learning not teaching. Learning is the thoughtful, creative and intelligent activity of learners. Learners make learning." - Michael Livingston, Head of School
- TSA offers a remarkably affordable private school education. 83% of our students are publicly funded from their town, while the remainder choose to attend TSA over their locally available option.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Thetford Grades: 7-12 | 339 students
304 Academy Rd
Thetford, VT 05074
(802)785-4805 12.2 7-12
- Meriden Grades: 9-12 | 340 students
64 Main Street
Meriden, NH 03770
(603)469-2100 20.3 9-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.