Upper Valley Waldorf School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The Upper Valley Waldorf School is an independent, Pre-K -- 8 school based on the educational contributions of Rudolf Steiner and close to centers of higher learning.
- Growing steadily since our founding in 1991, we now enjoy a student population approaching 170 and offer a full Nursery through 8th grade program.
- Our mission is to cultivate a balance of intellectual achievement, spiritual growth, physical development and personal responsibility through a classical education that reflects an understanding of the growing child.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-7|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Upper Valley Waldorf School also viewed these schools: Saxtons River Montessori School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saxtons River Grades: NS-PK | 22 students
14 Westminister St
Saxtons River, VT 05154
(802)869-3349 36.6 NS-PK
Have had 3 children go through Waldorf. Curriculum is focused on the appropriate age development. Attention is paid to the unique strengths and challenge areas for each child, not a standard of knowledge. Kids are not cups to be filled, they are spiritual beings and this school "sees" each spirit and teaches them in heart, mind, and soul. A high % of families received financial aid, it's worth every penny of investment.
- Posted by Parent - Pleased
We have been so happy with the Upper Valley Waldorf School! Our two children have experienced both the early childhood program (through kindergarten) and the grade school experience. The particularly thoughtful way that material is introduced to children based on their developmental ability leads to amazing curriculum choices. And the emphasis on art and music has been a real joy. The rich storytelling, the painting and the "games" (gym) classes are some of my kids'' favorites. I love that my nine year old has violin three times per week, and has already learned to sing complex rounds with his class. He reads extremely well for his age, and was introduced to multiplication and division in first grade.
- Posted by Parent - spinn
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.