Saxtons River Montessori School
- The Saxtons River Montessori School exists to provide the highest quality educational environment for the children who attend the Saxtons River Montessori School, Inc; as a cooperative school governed jointly by the parents and teachers of the children, in the best interests of the children and to provide a resource for the local community through the invitation of professional educators and other interested parties to observe the classroom, and to conduct such teacher training programs as are consistent with the other expressed aims of the Saxtons River Montessori School.
- Saxtons River Montessori School is an Full Member School with the American Montessori Society.
- The Saxtons River Montessori School is a non-profit school for children ages 3 to 6.
- It is designed to provide children with creative group and individual play experiences within a structured, individualized learning atmosphere under the direction of Montessori-trained teachers.
- The school adheres to the basic tenet of Maria Montessori that the full development of self is the child's unique and ultimate goal in life.
- SRMS offers three, four, and five day programs in order to best accommodate the unique needs of each child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.