Saxtons River Montessori School
- The Saxtons River Montessori School exists to provide the highest quality educational environment for the children who attend the Saxtons River Montessori School, Inc; as a cooperative school governed jointly by the parents and teachers of the children, in the best interests of the children and to provide a resource for the local community through the invitation of professional educators and other interested parties to observe the classroom, and to conduct such teacher training programs as are consistent with the other expressed aims of the Saxtons River Montessori School.
- Saxtons River Montessori School is an Full Member School with the American Montessori Society.
- The Saxtons River Montessori School is a non-profit school for children ages 3 to 6.
- It is designed to provide children with creative group and individual play experiences within a structured, individualized learning atmosphere under the direction of Montessori-trained teachers.
- The school adheres to the basic tenet of Maria Montessori that the full development of self is the child's unique and ultimate goal in life.
- SRMS offers three, four, and five day programs in order to best accommodate the unique needs of each child.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.