The Grammar School
- As a small community of parents, students and teachers in conscious partnership, The Grammar School integrates high expectations for achievement, creativity, self-discipline and social responsibility.
- We cultivate in each student a lifelong enthusiasm for learning and a desire to contribute constructively to society.
- Our program provides students with an excellent academic, artistic, athletic and ethical foundation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on an escalating scale from Kindergarten ($13,350) through 8th Grade ($17,950).|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,200|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Justin Altman|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Nordic Skiing, SoccerCross Country, Nordic Skiing,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
Adventure Running, Mountain Biking
- The Grammar School has been incorporated as a non-profit educational institution since 1960. It is governed by a board of Trustees, made up of parents and representatives of the extended community, which sets policy and guides the mission of the school. The Grammar School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, or national origin in the administration of its admission policies, educational programs, hiring practices or other school administered programs.The Grammar School is accredited by the State of Vermont and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. The Grammar School is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools, the Independent Schools Association of Northern New England, the Vermont Independent School Association, The Vermont School Boards Association, the Vermont Principals Association, and the Educational Records Bureau.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Royalston Grades: NS-6 | 62 students
253 S. Royalston Rd
Royalston, MA 01368
(978)249-3505 27.6 NS-6
- Brattleboro Grades: NS-8 | 135 students
99 Stafford Farm Hill
Brattleboro, VT 05301
(802)257-0500 10.4 NS-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.