- As an active member of the greater Brattleboro community for 39 years Hilltop Montessori School is home to 130 students 18 months to grade 8.
- Hilltop's mission is to guide children and adolescents to responsible independence.
- The Montessori approach to education promotes genuine respect for the potential of every child.
- Hilltop's multi-age classrooms, caring and experienced teachers, and integrated curriculum enable a sense of self and wonder to flourish.
- On its new campus, Hilltop's students and staff are hard at work and play in the spacious, sun-filled classrooms and all about the 43 acres of fields, woodland and trails.
- It is the ultimate prepared environment where students of all ages serve as caring stewards of the land and insatiable explorers of boundless opportunity.
- To schedule a visit please contact Lauren Campbell at 802-257-0500.
- Call to schedule a visit any morning at 9 or 10am.
- Hilltop Montessori School is a fully accredited Vermont independent school. For more information please visit our website at www.hilltopmontessori.org.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||language-based|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please website for current tuition|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,500|
|Admissions Director||Lauren Campbell|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Figure Skating, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, SoccerAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
Figure Skating, Nordic Skiing,
- Hilltop Montessori School was founded in 1972 thanks to a group of intensely-committed parents who wanted to provide quality pre-school education for their children. The head teacher hired for the job happened to be Montessori-trained and from this humble beginning, a new kind of school was born. Hilltop's mission is for students to attain responsible independence. Students will come to an awareness of their unique task in and responsibility to the care of self, community, and the Earth, Students will come to realize the fullness of their intrinsic academic and creative potential, Students will come to maturity and integrity according to their individual rhythm, pace, and style. Hilltop Montessori School accepts children beginning in our Toddler Program, 18 months through grade 8 in our Middle School program. Our Elementary programs consist of the Lower Elementary, for ages 6 through 9 and Upper Elementary, for ages 9 through 12. Our Middle School program serves ages 12 through 14. Admission to the toddler and pre-K programs is possible in the fall semester or in beginning in January, elementary and middle school programs are considered on an individual basis with preference given to transferring Montessori students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
69 Hickory Ridge Road South
Putney, VT 05346
DublinGrades: 1-8 | 59 students
PO Box 348, Valley Road
Dublin, NH 03444
RoyalstonGrades: PK-6 | 64 students
On the Common P.O. Box 122
Royalston, MA 01368
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.