Hilltop Montessori School
- As an active member of the greater Brattleboro community for 39 years Hilltop Montessori School is home to 130 students 18 months to grade 8.
- Hilltop's mission is to guide children and adolescents to responsible independence.
- The Montessori approach to education promotes genuine respect for the potential of every child. Hilltop's multi-age classrooms, caring and experienced teachers, and integrated curriculum enable a sense of self and wonder to flourish.
- On its new campus, Hilltop's students and staff are hard at work and play in the spacious, sun-filled classrooms and all about the 43 acres of fields, woodland and trails.
- It is the ultimate prepared environment where students of all ages serve as caring stewards of the land and insatiable explorers of boundless opportunity.
- To schedule a visit please contact Lauren Campbell at 802-257-0500.
- Call to schedule a visit Tuesday mornings at 9 or 10am. Hilltop Montessori School is a fully accredited Vermont independent school.
- For more information please visit our website at www.hilltopmontessori.org.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||language-based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||please see website for Summer Program details|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / Jan. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit website for current tuition, at Hilltopmontessori.org|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,500|
|Admissions Director||Lauren Campbell|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Figure Skating, Nordic Skiing, Snowboarding, SoccerAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Figure Skating, Nordic Skiing,
- Hilltop Montessori School was founded in 1972 thanks to a group of intensely-committed parents who wanted to provide quality pre-school education for their children. The head teacher hired for the job happened to be Montessori-trained and from this humble beginning, a new kind of school was born. Hilltop's mission is for students to attain responsible independence. Students will come to an awareness of their unique task in and responsibility to the care of self, community, and the Earth, Students will come to realize the fullness of their intrinsic academic and creative potential, Students will come to maturity and integrity according to their individual rhythm, pace, and style. Hilltop Montessori School accepts children beginning in our Toddler Program, 18 months through grade 8 in our Middle School program. Our Elementary programs consist of the Lower Elementary, for ages 6 through 9 and Upper Elementary, for ages 9 through 12. Our Middle School program serves ages 12 through 14. Admission to the toddler and pre-K programs is possible in the fall semester or in beginning in January, elementary and middle school programs are considered on an individual basis with preference given to transferring Montessori students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ludlow Grades: 5-12 | 46 students
53 Main St
Ludlow, VT 05149
(802)228-1513 38.3 5-12
- Putney Grades: PK-8 | 82 students
69 Hickory Ridge Road South
Putney, VT 05346
(802)387-5364 10.4 PK-8
- Royalston Grades: NS-6 | 62 students
253 S. Royalston Rd
Royalston, MA 01368
(978)249-3505 20.7 NS-6
- Dublin Grades: 1-8 | 64 students
PO Box 348, Valley Road
Dublin, NH 03444
(603)563-8170 28.3 1-8
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.