Founded in 1980, The Neighborhood Schoolhouse is a progressive preschool and elementary school.
Located on beautiful Solar Hill, the school's gently sloping grounds offer two playgrounds and direct access to more than 400 acres of woodlands with extensive nature trails.
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 64 students
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 14%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition varies according to program. Please call for current tuition rates. We offer a generous financial aid and work study program.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Julia von Ranson
- Our mission is to inspire a lifelong love of learning and to provide our students with the skills needed to contribute to their communities as insightful, effective, caring individuals. Children learn in their own unique ways and at their own unique pace. Our responsibility is to nurture and encourage children's growth by providing a rich and challenging environment. We educate the whole child, realizing the importance of social, emotional, intellectual, and creative growth. We provide a safe, nurturing environment in which the children's developmental needs are recognized. We provide opportunities for the children to take an active role in their education, and to interact with children of all ages. Our students raise questions and seek answers on their own. They experiment, discover the diversity within themselves and their surroundings, and openly meet new challenges.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Neighborhood Schoolhouse often compared to?
Neighborhood Schoolhouseis often viewed alongside schools like Hilltop Montessori School by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Neighborhood Schoolhouse?
The acceptance rate of Neighborhood Schoolhouse is 95%, which is higher than the national average of 81%.
What sports does Neighborhood Schoolhouse offer?
Neighborhood Schoolhouse offers 5 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Cycling, Dance, Nordic Skiing and Soccer.
When is the application deadline for Neighborhood Schoolhouse?
The application deadline for Neighborhood Schoolhouse is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Neighborhood Schoolhouse. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.