Founded in 1980, The Neighborhood Schoolhouse is a progressive preschool and elementary school.
Located on beautiful Solar Hill, the school's gently sloping grounds offer two playgrounds and direct access to more than 400 acres of woodlands with extensive nature trails.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Students: 55 students
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 10%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Tuition varies according to program. Please call for current tuition rates. We offer a generous financial aid and work study program.
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Julia von Ranson
- Our mission is to inspire a lifelong love of learning and to provide our students with the skills needed to contribute to their communities as insightful, effective, caring individuals. Children learn in their own unique ways and at their own unique pace. Our responsibility is to nurture and encourage children's growth by providing a rich and challenging environment. We educate the whole child, realizing the importance of social, emotional, intellectual, and creative growth. We provide a safe, nurturing environment in which the children's developmental needs are recognized. We provide opportunities for the children to take an active role in their education, and to interact with children of all ages. Our students raise questions and seek answers on their own. They experiment, discover the diversity within themselves and their surroundings, and openly meet new challenges.
Endorse Neighborhood Schoolhouse. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.