Top Vermont Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2020 school year, there are 25 top school membership associations in Vermont, serving 82 private schools (60% of all schools) and 9,299 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (22% of schools), State or regional independent school association (22% of schools) and New England Association of Schools and Colleges (20% of schools).
The Greenwood School Photo - To ensure a well rounded curriculum, Greenwood balances the academic efforts of our class day with a variety of seasonal sports activities, including: interscholastic soccer, baseball, basketball, and cross-country; lacrosse, mountain biking, skateboarding, in-line skating,disc-golf, golf, fencing, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, and snowboarding. https://youtu.be/dnT9bs2paIk
Mountain School At Winhall Photo - One of the sports we really like to play at The Mountain School at Winhall is soccer. We also do rockcliming and fly fishing.
Rock Point School Photo - Our campus is located on Lake Champlain, giving us lots of opportunities to enjoy the water.
The Putney School Photo - The Putney School is located on a working dairy farm. We value the dignity and relevance of physical work, which shows through our Work Program. Students carry out daily chores, collaborate in teams, learn skills, and sometimes lead crews in various areas: barn, kitchen, land-use, dining & maintenance.
Maple Street School Photo - We are committed to excellence: in language arts, in mathematics; physical, life and environmental sciences; geography and history; the arts, music, drama, foreign language, computer literacy, and physical education. We believe an enriched curriculum promotes a full awareness of the world, and respect for cultural differences. We are committed to developing environmental awareness and an appreciation of the natural world in order that our students become informed, responsible stewards of the land. The visual and performing arts are vital for we believe that creativity in art, music, movement, and drama enhances the child’s capacity to attain and synthesize all knowledge and concepts. The physical education program promotes skill growth, a sense of teamwork, fair play, and a lifelong healthy body awareness.
Mater Christi School Photo - Mater Christi School is a private Catholic School sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. Visit and experience a tradition of excellence.
Top Vermont Private Schools by Membership Association (2020)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools119 Students7.41% Minority
- 2 Schools225 Students9.47% Minority
- 3 Schools174 Students2.63% Minority
- 6 Schools432 Students11.91% Minority
- 2 Schools112 Students5.56% Minority
- 2 Schools412 Students3.16% Minority
- 1 Schools28 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools70 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools13 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools120 Students0.84% Minority
- 4 Schools302 Students4.35% Minority
- 2 Schools68 Students8.70% Minority
- 18 Schools3,652 Students11.21% Minority
- 2 Schools67 Students1.82% Minority
- 1 Schools20 Students15.00% Minority
- 2 Schools271 Students9.00% Minority
- 9 Schools960 Students7.01% Minority
- 16 Schools3,014 Students5.16% Minority
- 1 Schools56 Students10.00% Minority
- 3 Schools157 Students14.85% Minority
- 16 Schools1,386 Students10.53% Minority
- 4 Schools349 Students22.81% Minority
- 1 Schools11 Students- Minority
- 18 Schools1,481 Students13.08% Minority
- 5 Schools1,800 Students13.45% Minority
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.