Vermont Schools By Membership Association
- There are 25 school membership associations in Vermont, serving 83 private schools (65% of all schools) and 8,971 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are State or regional independent school association (24% of schools), Other school association(s) (20% of schools) and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (18% of schools).
Mater Christi School is a private Catholic School sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. Visit and experience a tradition of excellence.
Our K-1st grade class worked together to carve pumpkins in October and did counting and baking activities with the seeds.
We are committed to excellence: in language arts, in mathematics; physical, life and environmental sciences; geography and history; the arts, music, drama, foreign language, computer literacy, and physical education. We believe an enriched curriculum promotes a full awareness of the world, and respect for cultural differences. We are committed to developing environmental awareness and an appreciation of the natural world in order that our students become informed, responsible stewards of the land. The visual and performing arts are vital for we believe that creativity in art, music, movement, and drama enhances the child’s capacity to attain and synthesize all knowledge and concepts. The physical education program promotes skill growth, a sense of teamwork, fair play, and a lifelong healthy body awareness.
One of the sports we really like to play at The Mountain School at Winhall is soccer. We also do rockcliming and fly fishing.
To ensure a well rounded curriculum, Greenwood balances the academic efforts of our class day with a variety of seasonal sports activities, including: interscholastic soccer, baseball, basketball, and cross-country; lacrosse, mountain biking, skateboarding, in-line skating,disc-golf, golf, fencing, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, and snowboarding. https://youtu.be/dnT9bs2paIk
The Mayo Center is home to the Grace Stuart Orcutt Library, the Colwell Center for Global Understanding and the Student Lounge.
Vermont Private Schools by Membership Association
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools119 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools204 Students6% Minority
- 3 Schools174 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools465 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools33 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools440 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools28 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools70 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools12 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools115 Students10% Minority
- 4 Schools309 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools71 Students6% Minority
- 15 Schools3,411 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools67 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools20 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools77 Students9% Minority
- 10 Schools1,258 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools2,166 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools37 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools339 Students10% Minority
- 17 Schools1,751 Students9% Minority
- 5 Schools441 Students25% Minority
- 1 Schools11 Students- Minority
- 20 Schools1,468 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools1,857 Students5% Minority
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 23, 2018
Keep yourself on track as you work through the private school admissions process.