Vermont Schools By Membership Association
- There are 25 school membership associations in Vermont, serving 83 private schools (65% of all schools) and 8,971 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are State or regional independent school association (24% of schools), Other school association(s) (20% of schools) and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) (18% of schools).
To ensure a well rounded curriculum, Greenwood balances the academic efforts of our class day with a variety of seasonal sports activities, including: interscholastic soccer, baseball, basketball, and cross-country; lacrosse, mountain biking, skateboarding, in-line skating,disc-golf, golf, fencing, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, and snowboarding. https://youtu.be/dnT9bs2paIk
We have a great school that offers a time-honored, traditional curriculum that is consistent through all grades. Check us out and see what our families are raving about.
The Mayo Center is home to the Grace Stuart Orcutt Library, the Colwell Center for Global Understanding and the Student Lounge.
We are committed to excellence: in language arts, in mathematics; physical, life and environmental sciences; geography and history; the arts, music, drama, foreign language, computer literacy, and physical education. We believe an enriched curriculum promotes a full awareness of the world, and respect for cultural differences. We are committed to developing environmental awareness and an appreciation of the natural world in order that our students become informed, responsible stewards of the land. The visual and performing arts are vital for we believe that creativity in art, music, movement, and drama enhances the child’s capacity to attain and synthesize all knowledge and concepts. The physical education program promotes skill growth, a sense of teamwork, fair play, and a lifelong healthy body awareness.
Lyndon Institute is a comprehensive, independent high school providing thoughtful and rigorous preparation for students of the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, USA and beyond to reach their intellectual, creative, and physical potential.
Mater Christi School is a private Catholic School sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas. Visit and experience a tradition of excellence.
Our K-1st grade class worked together to carve pumpkins in October and did counting and baking activities with the seeds.
Vermont Private Schools by Membership Association
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 2 Schools119 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools204 Students6% Minority
- 3 Schools174 Students3% Minority
- 6 Schools465 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools33 Students12% Minority
- 2 Schools440 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools28 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools70 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools12 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools115 Students10% Minority
- 4 Schools309 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools71 Students6% Minority
- 15 Schools3,411 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools67 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools20 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools77 Students9% Minority
- 10 Schools1,258 Students9% Minority
- 13 Schools2,166 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools37 Students- Minority
- 3 Schools339 Students10% Minority
- 17 Schools1,751 Students9% Minority
- 5 Schools441 Students25% Minority
- 1 Schools11 Students- Minority
- 20 Schools1,468 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools1,857 Students5% Minority
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.