- Top Ranked VT School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 228 students
- Yearly Tuition: $67,400
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Bread Club, Diversity Club, Math Club, Model UN, Robotics Club, Social Justice Union, Sustainability Club, Wilderness Club, Writing Center Tutors, Year Book Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Audio Visual Club, Chamber Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Literary Magazine, Theater Arts, Theater Tech, Vocal Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fly Fishing, Strength and Conditioning
- At Vermont Academy, we are committed to helping our students discover their talents while developing the character, skills, strength, and values that will help them grow into confident, independent learners who give back to their community and to the world. Our small community and classes, dedicated faculty, rigorous curriculum, and wide range of athletics and activities--set in the beautiful hills of Vermont--encourage every student to grow and discover their voice.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Joe Perry - Guitarist with the band Aerosmith
- Russell Porter - Founder of Stellaphane and designer of Mt. Palomar Observatory
- Paul Percy Harris - Founder of Rotary Club
- Jim McClaren - Recipient of ESPY award
- Florence Sabin - Medical pioneer and first female student at Johns Hopkins medical school
- Bruce Lawlor - Major General with the U.S. Army
- Mike Morin - U.S. ski team coach; coached Bodi Miller
- Lee Stanley - Film producer who works with troubled juveniles
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Vermont Academy cost?
Vermont Academy's tuition is approximately $67,400 for private students.
What schools are Vermont Academy often compared to?
Vermont Academyis often viewed alongside schools like The Putney School by visitors of our site.
Who are famous alumni from Vermont Academy?
Vermont Academy famous alumni include: Joe Perry, Russell Porter, Paul Percy Harris, Jim McClaren, Florence Sabin, Bruce Lawlor, Mike Morin and Lee Stanley.
What sports does Vermont Academy offer?
Vermont Academy offers 18 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer and Tennis. Vermont Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Vermont for most sports offered.
What is Vermont Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Vermont Academy?
The application deadline for Vermont Academy is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Vermont Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards