5.00 (1 review)
- Founded in 1845, Tilton School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory school serving students from 9th to 12th grade and postgraduates.
- We have 250 students consisting of day and boarding from 20 states and 17 countries.
- With a small student body and dedicated staff, we are focused on helping every student realize the power of his or her own potential.
- We believe that students who are able to effectively communicate, collaborate, think critically and creatively, and engage with mindfulness and compassion are better prepared to thrive in an ever-changing world. To do this, Tilton School provides students with a uniquely customized learning process that uses authentic assessments of skills, interests, and learning style preferences to help them create their own Personalized Guided Program of Study for their journey at Tilton.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Moderate Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus (AB), AP Calculus (BC), AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP French, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US Government & Politics, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$60,700|
|Admissions Director||Candace Landroche|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Trudel|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, TennisAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Cycling, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Mountain Biking, Snowboarding,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Studio Arts, Theater Productions, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Club Hockey, Recreational Skiing & Snowboarding
- Tilton is a school where you will be challenged; a school where you will be encouraged to seek, find and explore your passions; a school that will push you to attain and surpass your goals. Most importantly, Tilton is a school where you will have an amazing journey discovering your own Power of Potential.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ashburnham Grades: 9-12 | 400 students
PO Box 8000, 39 School Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430
(978)827-7300 55.8 9-12
- Manchester Grades: 6-12 | 386 students
2108 River Road
Manchester, NH 03104
(603)669-4524 29.1 6-12
- New Hampton Grades: 9-12 | 310 students
70 Main Street
New Hampton, NH 03256
(603)677-3401 11.6 9-12
- Wilton Grades: 9-12 | 115 students
222 Isaac Frye Hwy
Wilton, NH 03086
(603)654-9408 44.1 9-12
- Gill Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
(413)498-3227 70 9-12
Tilton made all the difference in my life. My public high school was a good school and I was doing okay academically, but I knew I was missing something. After searching for the "right fit" boarding school, Tilton was the place that felt like home to me from the moment I set foot on campus. And I was not disappointed. Tilton's teachers are inspiring and caring. They get to know you, not just as a student, but as a whole person. I can honestly say that going to Tilton was the best decision I have ever made! I was well prepared for college and for life. I wish everyone could experience a place as wonderful as Tilton School!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - happi
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.