5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (603) 286-1733
Tilton School Photo #2 - Beyond the academic requirement in art, all Tilton students have opportunities to gain significant experience in creative and cultural arts.
Tilton School Photo #3 - Tilton School challenges students to embrace and navigate a world marked by diversity and change. Through the quality of human relationships, the Tilton School community cultivates in its students the curiosity, the skills, the knowledge and understanding, the character and the integrity requisite for the passionate pursuit of lifelong personal success and service.
Tilton School Photo #4 - At Tilton School, our philosophy is simple. Young people have within them the potential to learn, to lead, and to change the world. Our faculty cares about each student and helps him or her to navigate the demands of a rigorous college preparatory curriculum.
Tilton School Photo #5 - At Tilton, we believe in an integrated teaching approach that is both cross-discipline and grade-specific. The Grade Level Programs bring teams of teachers together with students to solve problems, think deeply and work together to navigate their world with character and vision.
Tilton School Photo #6 - All Tilton School students take advantage of small class sizes and additional support provided by faculty members. The Center for Academic Achievement offers tutorial instruction and support that goes beyond the extra help available in the regular academic program.
Tilton School Photo #7 - Boarding students are provided with a single or double occupancy room. Students are grouped by gender and grade level. A designated Tilton School faculty member is on duty in every dormitory each night and again throughout the weekend.
Tilton School Photo #8 - Tilton School students, faculty and dormitory proctors work together to create a residential community designed to be supportive, productive and safe. Our residential environments foster an educational tone, stressing the importance of personal integrity, responsibility and commitment to the community.
- Founded in 1845, Tilton School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory school serving students from 9th to 12th grade and postgraduates.
- We have 250 students consisting of day and boarding from 20 states and 17 countries.
- With a small student body and dedicated staff, we are focused on helping every student realize the power of his or her own potential.
- We believe that students who are able to effectively communicate, collaborate, think critically and creatively, and engage with mindfulness and compassion are better prepared to thrive in an ever-changing world. To do this, Tilton School provides students with a uniquely customized learning process that uses authentic assessments of skills, interests, and learning style preferences to help them create their own Personalized Guided Program of Study for their journey at Tilton.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Moderate Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||43 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus (AB), AP Calculus (BC), AP Chemistry, AP Economics, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature, AP European History, AP French, AP Physics 1, AP Physics 2, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US Government & Politics, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$64,975|
|Tuition Notes||$37,375 day|
|Admissions Director||Kate Saunders|
|Admissions Associate||Candace Landroche|
|Endowment Size||$16 million|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, TennisAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Cycling, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Mountain Biking, Snowboarding,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Studio Arts, Theater Productions, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Club Hockey, Recreational Skiing & Snowboarding
- Tilton is a school where you will be challenged; a school where you will be encouraged to seek, find and explore your passions; a school that will push you to attain and surpass your goals. Most importantly, Tilton is a school where you will have an amazing journey discovering your own Power of Potential.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ashburnham Grades: 9-12 | 400 students
39 School Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430
(978) 827-7000 55.8 9-12
- Manchester Grades: 6-12 | 386 students
2108 River Road
Manchester, NH 03104
(603) 669-4524 29.1 6-12
- New Hampton Grades: 9-12 | 347 students
70 Main Street
New Hampton, NH 03256
(603) 677-3401 11.6 9-12
- Wilton Grades: 9-12 | 107 students
222 Isaac Frye Hwy
Wilton, NH 03086
(603) 654-2391 44.1 9-12
- Gill Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
(413) 498-3227 70 9-12
Tilton made all the difference in my life. My public high school was a good school and I was doing okay academically, but I knew I was missing something. After searching for the "right fit" boarding school, Tilton was the place that felt like home to me from the moment I set foot on campus. And I was not disappointed. Tilton's teachers are inspiring and caring. They get to know you, not just as a student, but as a whole person. I can honestly say that going to Tilton was the best decision I have ever made! I was well prepared for college and for life. I wish everyone could experience a place as wonderful as Tilton School!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - happi
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?