Top New Hampshire Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 332 top private schools in New Hampshire, serving 29,027 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,650 for elementary schools and $28,101 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 76% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 15% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
Hampstead Academy Photo - Hampstead Academy is a private, independent school located in southern New Hampshire. The school provides excellence in education and promotes the establishment of sound character in a secure environment where learning is valued and life is revered. At Hampstead Academy, students not only learn basic skills, they explore ideas and develop higher level thinking skills that produce positive results.
Cardigan Mountain School Photo - An autumn aerial view of the Cardigan campus with its mountain namesake in the distance.
Cornerstone Christian Academy Photo - Students enjoy our annual fall hike in New Hampshire. Just one of the special days of learning at Cornerstone Christian Academy.
Phillips Exeter Academy Photo - Exeter's campus is surrounded by fields, forests and a quaint New England town with shops and cafes. We are a 50-minute train ride from Boston and the Atlantic coast is just 10 miles away.
Top New Hampshire Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 9 Schools1,109 Students15% Minority
- 11 Schools1,219 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools1,216 Students10% Minority
- 10 Schools158 Students4% Minority
- 17 Schools1,021 Students20% Minority
- 110 Schools10,327 Students16% Minority
- 36 Schools3,278 Students16% Minority
- 86 Schools6,873 Students17% Minority
- 26 Schools2,977 Students12% Minority
- 9 Schools884 Students17% Minority
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.