Top New Hampshire Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 329 top private schools in New Hampshire, serving 28,971 students.
- The average private school tuition is $8,661 for elementary schools and $28,157 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 75% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 15% and the student:teacher ratio is 9:1.
Hampstead Academy Photo - Hampstead Academy is a private, independent school located in southern New Hampshire. The school provides excellence in education and promotes the establishment of sound character in a secure environment where learning is valued and life is revered. At Hampstead Academy, students not only learn basic skills, they explore ideas and develop higher level thinking skills that produce positive results.
Heritage Christian School Photo - Heritage Christian School is a private Christian school located in Rindge, NH serving SW NH and north central Mass.
North End Montessori School Photo - The recently renovated 24, 000 sq ft building covers a full city block with a large playground and plenty of parking.
Auburn Montessori School Photo - Auburn Montessori values outdoor education. Along with plenty of free play, we feature "Woodland Wednesdays" ; our outdoor classroom program. Trails, ponds, streams, farm animals, and our outdoor meeting space combine to allow children to become confident in self management, build motor skills, cognitive thinking, cooperation and leadership. Academic learning is achieved when the building blocks are in place.
Top New Hampshire Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 9 Schools1,109 Students15% Minority
- 11 Schools1,219 Students2% Minority
- 19 Schools1,216 Students10% Minority
- 10 Schools158 Students4% Minority
- 17 Schools1,021 Students20% Minority
- 110 Schools10,327 Students16% Minority
- 36 Schools3,278 Students16% Minority
- 86 Schools6,873 Students17% Minority
- 26 Schools2,977 Students12% Minority
- 9 Schools884 Students17% Minority
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.