The Derryfield School
- THE DERRYFIELD SCHOOL inspires bright, motivated young people to be their best and provides them with the skills and experiences needed to be valued, dynamic, confident, and purposeful members of any community.
- Our community holds seven Core Values: Aim High, Balance, Caring, Character, Community, Families and Individuality. (See below for more details.).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||390 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 12%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Sciences, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature, AP Latin, AP Physics, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP United States History,|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,450|
|Tuition Notes||Through our arrangements with Smart Tuition, LLC, installment payments are available. www.smarttuition.com|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$20,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kathleen Rutty-Fey|
|Admissions Associate||Meredith Leyden|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Nordic Skiing, Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||37 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
All School School Council, Middle School Babysitter's Certificate Club, Middle School Chess Club, Middle School Computer Club, Middle School Everyday Object Engineering, Middle School Harry Potter Club, Middle School Publications Club, Middle School Rain or Shine Club (outdoor activities), Middle School Robotics, Middle School Sign Language Club, Middle School Writing Club, Upper School Admission Ambassadors, Upper School Amnesty International, Upper School Environmental Issues Club, Upper School Excerpt (literary magazine), Upper School Initium Committee (yearbook), Upper School International Thespian Society, Upper School Investment Club, Upper School Key Club (community service), Upper School Lamplighter (school newspaper), Upper School Math Team, Upper School Mock Trial, Upper School Model United Nations, Upper School Pinnacle (academic e-zine), Upper School Robotics Club, Upper School Social Justice Club, Upper School Social Media Ambassadors Club, Upper School Spirit Club, Upperschool Mindfulness Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Middle School Art Club, Upper School A capella, Upper School Art Club, Upper School Encore (advanced singing group), Upper School Instrumental Ensemble, Upper School The A Cafellas (men's a cappella)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Upper School Weight Training, Upper School Yoga
CORE VALUES -
- AIM HIGH: Young people achieve their best in a culture of high expectations and encouragement.
- BALANCE: We offer inspiring academic, artistic, and athletic opportunities, promoting the development of healthy habits of mind, body, and spirit, and the skill to balance creative tension.
- CARING: We are a community of individuals who care for one another. We demonstrate this through kindness and nurturing relationships among all members of the Derryfield family.
- CHARACTER: We actively cultivate respect, integrity, compassion, and perseverance in our community members.
- COMMUNITY: We seek a diverse community defined and sustained by close relationships, social interdependence, and service.
- FAMILIES: We embrace the family's role in the life of our day school, celebrating collaboration between home and school.
- INDIVIDUALITY: We encourage young people to grow as unique individuals through the discovery of new passions and a love for learning, self-knowledge, critical inquiry, and reflection.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TiltonGrades: 9-12 | 257 students
30 School Street
Tilton, NH 03276
- WiltonGrades: 9-12 | 115 students
222 Isaac Frye Hwy
Wilton, NH 03086
- Saxtons RiverGrades: 9-12 | 246 students
P.O. Box 500
Saxtons River, VT 05154
- PutneyGrades: 9-12 | 226 students
418 Houghton Brook Rd
Putney, VT 05346
- MeridenGrades: 9-12 | 340 students
7 Campus Center Drive
Meriden, NH 03770