The Derryfield School
- Top Ranked NH School
- Grades: 6-12
- Students: 386 students
- Yearly Tuition: $33,620
- Acceptance rate: 57%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
All School School Council, Class Council, Middle School Babysitter's Certificate Club, Middle School Chess Club, Middle School Community Service Club, Middle School Computer Club, Middle School Creator Space Club, Middle School Digital Derryfield Club, Middle School Everyday Object Engineering, Middle School Model United Nations, Middle School Rain or Shine Club (outdoor activities), Middle School Reading Club, Middle School Robotics, Middle School Writing Club, Middle School Zumba Club, PACTeam, RADS (Racial Awareness at The Derryfield School), Upper School Admission Ambassadors, Upper School Advancement Ambassadors, Upper School Amnesty International, Upper School Astronomy Club, Upper School Chess Club, Upper School Chinese Culture Practice, Upper School Dungeons and Dragons, Upper School Environmental Issues Club, Upper School Excerpt (literary magazine), Upper School Initium Committee (yearbook), Upper School International Thespian Society, Upper School Investment Club, Upper School Key Club (community service), Upper School Lamplighter (school newspaper), Upper School Latin Club, Upper School Math Team, Upper School Mindfulness Club, Upper School MIT Launch Club, Upper School Mock Trial, Upper School Model United Nations, Upper School One Love, Upper School Outing Club, Upper School Pinnacle (academic e-zine), Upper School Pulsar Research Lab, Upper School Robotics Club, Upper School Social Justice Club, Upper School Social Media Ambassadors Club, Upper School Spirit Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Middle School Art Club, Middle School Magic & Performance, Middle School One Song Club, Upper School A Cappella, Upper School Art Club, Upper School Encore (advanced singing group), Upper School Instrumental Ensemble, Upper School The A Cafellas (men's a cappella)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Upper School Rock Climbing, Upper School Volleyball, Upper School Weight Training, Upper School Yoga
CORE VALUES -
- AIM HIGH: Young people achieve their best in a culture of high expectations and encouragement.
- BALANCE: We offer inspiring academic, artistic, and athletic opportunities, promoting the development of healthy habits of mind, body, and spirit, and the skill to balance creative tension.
- CARING: We are a community of individuals who care for one another. We demonstrate this through kindness and nurturing relationships among all members of the Derryfield family.
- CHARACTER: We actively cultivate respect, integrity, compassion, and perseverance in our community members.
- COMMUNITY: We seek a diverse community defined and sustained by close relationships, social interdependence, and service.
- FAMILIES: We embrace the family's role in the life of our day school, celebrating collaboration between home and school.
- INDIVIDUALITY: We encourage young people to grow as unique individuals through the discovery of new passions and a love for learning, self-knowledge, critical inquiry, and reflection.
Endorse The Derryfield School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards