Kimball Union Academy
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked NH School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 338 students
- Yearly Tuition: $70,500
- Acceptance rate: 40%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Kimball Union Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New Hampshire for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Camping, Community Service, Diversity Club, Dog Walking Club, Dorm Proctors, Environmental Club, Fire Brigade, Foreign Language Clubs, Gay/Straight Alliance (GSA), Habitat for Humanity, Honor Council, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Model UN, Newspaper, Outing Club (canoeing, hiking, etc), Peer Tutoring, Relay Diversity, Residential Proctor, School Tour Guides, Stem Club, Student Government, The Claw - Student Newspaper, The Penny Fellowship - Community Service, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance, Photography, Rock Ensemble, Theater Activity, Winter Musical Production
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Alpine Skiing (recreational), Equestrian, Fitness Training, Instructional Golf, Instructional Tennis, Pottery Activity, Recreational Skiing, Strength and Conditioning
- Integrated college advising system prepares students throughout their KUA career to achieve their highest potential and attend highly competitive schools.
- Through our multi-layered learning center program, our faculty provides a range of expertise and support to students at all levels of performance.
- Facilities include a modern campus center, a beautiful arts center, SMART classrooms with state-of-the-art technology, an environmental science center and greenhouse, athletic center and hockey arena, indoor and outdoor turf fields, fitness center, tennis courts, library, and technology labs.
- Kimball Union`s highly qualified and dedicated faculty is committed to serving our students and families. Our faculty members get to know each individual student in the classroom, as dorm parents, coaches, and mentors. These close relationships and the individual growth our students experience during their time here are hallmarks of a Kimball Union education.
- Nestled in the intellectually vibrant Upper Valley in close proximity to Dartmouth College, Kimball Union benefits from world-class arts, entertainment, athletic, and cultural events that are staples of the community.
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Ernest Everett Just - African American biologist
- Dana Stone - Vietnam War photographer
- Chester Bradley Jordan - Governor of New Hampshire
- Kathryn Woodman Leighton - artist
- Augustus Washington - African American photographer
- Andrew Wheating - Olympian
- F. Lee Bailey - defense attorney
- Kasim Edebali - NFL football player
- Steven Sotloff - journalist
- Richard Aitson - Native American poet
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Kimball Union Academy cost?
Kimball Union Academy's tuition is approximately $70,500 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Kimball Union Academy?
The acceptance rate of Kimball Union Academy is 40%, which is lower than the national average of 75%. Kimball Union Academy's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in New Hampshire with low acceptance rates.
Who are famous alumni from Kimball Union Academy?
Kimball Union Academy famous alumni include: Ernest Everett Just, Dana Stone, Chester Bradley Jordan, Kathryn Woodman Leighton, Augustus Washington, Andrew Wheating, F. Lee Bailey, Kasim Edebali, Steven Sotloff and Richard Aitson.
What sports does Kimball Union Academy offer?
Kimball Union Academy offers 21 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Rugby, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis and Track and Field. Kimball Union Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in New Hampshire for most sports offered.
What is Kimball Union Academy's ranking?
Kimball Union Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New Hampshire for: Highest average SAT score, Lowest average acceptance rates, Largest student body, Most AP courses offered, Most sports offered, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Kimball Union Academy?
The application deadline for Kimball Union Academy is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Kimball Union Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards