Kimball Union Academy
- Kimball Union draws from 200 years of experience to provide a 21st century curriculum which meets students where they are academically and prepares them for achievement in college and life.
- Guided by consistent and engaged leadership, KUA inspires "mastery, creativity, responsibility, and leadership" in a friendly, warm, holistic environment on its 1300-acre campus in Meriden, NH.
- Our extraordinary faculty delivers academic excellence from supported learning to advanced concentrations in specific academic areas.
- Kimball Union is often defined by our positive and inclusive community, which is advanced by our comprehensive Student Life program. This highlights a (purposeful) focus on leadership, character building, and ethics in the classrooms, dorms, studios, and playing fields.
- Signature Programs, including varsity athletics, visual and performing arts, STEM, Global Scholar and Art Scholar programs, Capstone projects, Fire Brigade, and sustainable farming, provide students with opportunities to take their learning beyond the classroom.
- Some of the most experienced college division 1 level coaches in New England provide excellent training from skills development to the highest levels of competition while reinforcing our ideals of "the scholar athlete" and have lead our alumni to compete professionally in the NFL, NHL, and Olympic Games.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Center for Advanced Learning|
|Total Students||340 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 12%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French Language, Human Geography, Latin: Literature, Latin: Vergil, Physics B, Spanish Language, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. History, World History,|
|Average SAT score||1350|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$60,800|
|Tuition Notes||Day $39500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$23,500|
|Admissions Director||Lindsey Ratliff|
|Admissions Associate||Kevin Ramos-Glew|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Nordic Skiing, Rugby, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, TennisAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Freestyle Skiing, Golf,
Ice Hockey, Indoor Soccer,
Lacrosse, Mountain Biking,
Nordic Skiing, Rugby,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Alpine Skiing (recreational), Architecture Club, Camping, Community Service, Dance, Diversity Club, Dorm Proctors, Environmental Club, Fitness Training, Foreign Language Clubs, Gay/Straight Alliance (GSA), Habitat for Humanity, Honor Council, Literary Magazine, Math Club, Model UN, Newspaper, Outing Club (canoeing, hiking, etc), Peer Tutoring, Photography, Student Government, Yearbook|
- Integrated college advising system prepares students throughout their KUA career to achieve their highest potential and attend highly competitive schools.
- Through our multi-layered learning center program, our faculty provides a range of expertise and support to students at all levels of performance.
- Facilities include a modern campus center, a beautiful arts center, SMART classrooms with state-of-the art technology, an environmental science center and greenhouse, athletic center and hockey arena, indoor and outdoor turf fields, fitness center, tennis courts, library, and technology labs.
- Kimball Union`s highly qualified and dedicated faculty is committed to serving our students and families. Our faculty members get to know each individual student in the classroom, as dorm parents, coaches, and mentors. These close relationships and the individual growth our students experience during their time here are hallmarks of a Kimball Union education.
- Nestled in the intellectually vibrant Upper Valley in close proximity to Dartmouth College, Kimball Union benefits from world-class arts, entertainment, athletic, and cultural events that are staples of the community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saxtons RiverGrades: 9-12 | 246 students
P.O. Box 500
Saxtons River, VT 05154
- PutneyGrades: 9-12 | 226 students
418 Houghton Brook Rd
Putney, VT 05346
- TiltonGrades: 9-12 | 257 students
30 School Street
Tilton, NH 03276
- ManchesterGrades: 6-12 | 390 students
2108 River Road
Manchester, NH 03104
- AshburnhamGrades: 9-12 | 400 students
PO Box 8000, 39 School Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430