5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (603) 735-6210
Proctor Academy Photo #2 - Proctor operates its own private ski area, with lighting and snow making from top to bottom. We host prep school, collegiate and USSA/FIS races!
Proctor Academy Photo #3 - Proctor is competitive in the Lakes Region Association of schools, but also plays schools from across New England.
Proctor Academy Photo #4 - The Proctor community comes together for assembly three times per week. Anyone and everyone may speak openly. Skits, musical performances and slideshows are common. Here, Head of School Mike Henriques talks about the school's Environmental Mission Statement, sustainability, and zero carbon footprint.
Proctor Academy Photo #5 - Each fall term, 22 students sail a 130-foot schooner from Massachusetts to Puerto Rico, earning full academic credit. Other students study at Proctor in Spain, Costa Rica, European Art Classroom and the desert Southwest of the United States. Experiential education rules!
Proctor Academy Photo #9 - Proctor's campus is comprised of a central village surrounded by 2700 acres of woodlands.
Proctor Academy Photo #10 - Proctor students live in 20 small dormitories, averaging 12 students apiece. They are more like private homes than traditional dorms. This residence, Peabody House, has air pre-cooled and pre-heated by six 500-foot geothermic wells. Eco-dorm is a theme dorm that attracts leaders in environmental issues.
- Proctor is a community dedicated to maximize the success of every student.
- A rich, challenging curriculum is balanced by structured support systems.
- The school seeks a highly diverse student population that shares a positive attitude and the willingness to work.
- Proctor is the leading school for experiential education programs with Mountain Classroom, Ocean Classroom, and language abroad in Monteverde, Costa Rica, Segovia, Spain and Aix-en-Provence, France.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||369 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||77 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||13 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, Economics, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Lanaguage, Government, Physics, Spanish Language, Statistics|
|Average SAT score||1190|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Neat and Clean)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$60,700|
|Tuition Notes||Boarding Tuition listed. Day Tuition $36,600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$24,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christopher Bartlett|
|Admissions Associate||Hunter Churchill|
- Located in Andover, NH, Proctor Academy is a private coeducational day and boarding school for grades 912. Students benefit from a rigorous academic program, experiential off-campus programs, fine and performing arts, competitive athletics, and a wide selection of extracurricular activities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Hampton Grades: 9-12 | 347 students
70 Main Street
New Hampton, NH 03256
(603) 677-3401 16 9-12
- Wolfeboro Grades: 9-12 | 343 students
80 Academy Drive
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
(603) 569-7200 34.6 9-12
- Belmont Grades: 7-12 | 460 students
350 Prospect Street
Belmont, MA 02478
(617) 993-5220 78.8 7-12
- Fitchburg Grades: 5-12 | 27 students
171 South St
Fitchburg, MA 01420
(978) 343-7635 59.2 5-12
Proctor Academy is definitely a leading prep school in New Hampshire. It is an amazing place that sees students off to great colleges because of the unique experiences that can be attained there. I am more then impressed by the school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - gerry
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.