New Hampton School
Tel: (603) 677-3401
New Hampton School Photo #6 - A Performing Arts program that encourages students to find their confidence on stage.
New Hampton School is a learning environment where happiness matters.
Our community celebrates students as individuals and independent thinkers, game-changers and global citizens, athletes, artists, and entrepreneurs.Here, they feel wholly welcomed, creatively inspired, motivated by empathy, and empowered by choice.Peers from 30 countries engage with, encourage, and honor one another.
With distinctive opportunities such as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, Project Week, Apple Distinguished School resources, experiential learning, exceptional athletics, stunning geography, and a challenging, individualized curriculum, students and faculty connect in an inclusive and innovative educational experience.At New Hampton School, a healthy, balanced and confident student body is at the heart of an excellent education.
New Hampton School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Hampshire for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-Based and Executive Functioning Learning Differences|
|Total Students||347 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$64,700|
|Tuition Notes||Day students: $38,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$24,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Will McCulloch|
|Endowment Size||$23 million|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, WeightliftingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Football, Freestyle Skiing,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Lacrosse, Mountain Biking,
Rock Climbing, Snowboarding,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Debate Club, Film Club, Future Business Leaders of America, Greenhouse Club, Health and Wellness, Math Club, Model UN, Philosophy Club, Recruitment Ambassadors, Robotics, Student Activities Council, Sustainability Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Husky TV, Literary Magazine, Theatre Tech
Recreational Athletic Programs:
3v3 Basketball, Dance Club, Fitness Club, Instructional Tennis, Outdoor Adventure, Recreational Golf, Skiing and Snowboarding, Yoga
- New Hampton School Mission: New Hampton School cultivates lifelong learners who will serve as active global citizens. We enhance the potential of students and promote academic success and development of caring community members. Our students are talented artists, athletes, and leaders who often learn best through hands-on experiences. If you're ready to GO BEYOND yourself, we're ready for you.
- New Hampton was the first New England boarding school to be approved to offer the International Baccalaureate Program.
- In 2010, The School introduced an iPad Pilot Program in 2010 and became a 1:1 iPad Program in 2012. NHS was named an Apple Distinguished School in 2013. Our values ground our school community and its programs, initiatives, and distinctive culture. We promote and engage students in purposeful self-exploration that models and encourages healthy risk-taking in the context of personal growth. Our school community commits itself to social equality and personal respect among all members of our school and extended community.
- We honor and validate the diversity of all learners in our community, promoting understanding of the unique gifts each student possesses.
- Our school community celebrates a genuine approach to campus living where we respect individuals for who they are and what they contribute to our school and extended community.
- Our school reflects an on-going examination and refinement of our programs to place the school as a nationally recognized innovator among independent schools.
- We expect all members of our school community to be forthright and honest, to maintain personal integrity in all relationships, and to embrace our core values of respect and responsibility.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fitchburg Grades: 5-12 | 27 students
171 South St
Fitchburg, MA 01420
(978) 343-7635 71.5 5-12
- Wolfeboro Grades: 9-12 | 343 students
80 Academy Drive
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
(603) 569-7200 22.4 9-12
- Meredith Grades: NS-8 | 37 students
40 Meredith Center Road
Meredith, NH 03253
(603) 279-5680 5.5 NS-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.