Brewster Academy Photo #2 - Brewster Academy is located on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire's largest lake.
Brewster Academy Photo #3 - At Brewster Academy there is a strong emphasis on project-based and collaborative learning.
Brewster Academy Photo #4 - The picturesque Brewster Academy campus is a gateway to outdoor adventures in the lakes and mountains.
- Brewster Academy is a flourishing, innovative secondary school in one of the most picturesque areas of New England on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee and a short drive from the majestic White Mountains yet less than two hours from Boston.
- The campus sits along a mile of shoreline with 20 dormitories and attached faculty residences that provide a strong on-campus adult and family presence to this quintessential boarding school community.
- Campus is just steps away from a vibrant downtown with cafes, restaurants, and shops.
- An imposing academic building dominates the center of campus and a 50,000 square-foot athletics facility is nestled into the hillside, overlooking the playing fields, the lake, and the mountains.
- A recently renovated performing arts center is a hub for talent and all-school gatherings.
- Take a look for yourself here: http://www.brewsteracademy.org or plan a visit to experience the beauty and community of Brewster.
Brewster Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in New Hampshire for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences, Dyslexia, Language-based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$6,000|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||International Students: June 30 - July 28, 2018, Tuition: $6000 American Students: July 1- 28, 2018, Tuition: $6000 Day Students: July 1- 28, 2018, Tuition: $3500|
|Total Students||343 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, Macroeconomics, Statistics, U.S. History|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$62,600|
|Tuition Notes||Day Student Tuition: $36,600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$35,250|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Nick Wilbur|
|Admissions Associate||Alice Mann|
|Endowment Size||$20 million|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, TennisAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Equestrian, Field Hockey,
Freestyle Skiing, Golf,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Alpine Ski, Brewster Big Friends, Chamber Orchestra, Chorus, Dance, Debate, Digital Photography, Drama, Environmental Club, Gay Straight Alliance, Interact, Jazz Band, Literary Journal, Media Arts, Newspaper, Snowboarding, Table Tennis, Tennis, Wind Ensemble, Yearbook|
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Brewster, a college preparatory school, acknowledges individual learning style differences, employs best practice research in teaching and learning, offers a mastery-based curriculum, and supports this within a technical medium leading to a highly interactive, student-centered and collaborative learning environment.
- Highly personalized and student-centered learning; Discussion-based and interactive classes.
- Team-based teaching, collaborative learning emphasis and project-based learning.
- Customized, fully integrated academic support programs in which 35% of students are enrolled.
- Emotional Literacy program in partnership with the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.
- National and New England championship teams with unparalleled athletic facilities; More than 25% of graduating students will play sports in college.Traditional arts courses and the latest in digital arts; Newly renovated performing arts center with seating for 450.
- Vibrant downtown with shops, cafes, restaurants, and more all adjacent to campus in Wolfeboro - The Oldest Summer Resort in America.
- Take a 360 Virtual Tour of our lakeside location at www.brewsteracademy.org/tour.
- Contact the Office of Admission to schedule a campus visit, and see if Brewster is the best boarding school choice for you! 603-569-7200 email@example.com.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Plymouth Grades: 9-12
33 Chapel Lane
Plymouth, NH 03264
(603)536-1747 26.9 9-12
- Fitchburg Grades: 6-10 | 35 students
171 South St
Fitchburg, MA 01420
(978)343-7635 75.7 6-10
- Gill Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
(413)498-3227 90.2 9-12
- New Hampton Grades: 9-12 | 347 students
70 Main Street
New Hampton, NH 03256
(603)677-3401 22.4 9-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.