Brewster Academy Photo #2 - Brewster Academy is located on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire's largest lake.
Brewster Academy Photo #3 - At Brewster Academy there is a strong emphasis on project-based and collaborative learning.
Brewster Academy Photo #4 - The picturesque Brewster Academy campus is a gateway to outdoor adventures in the lakes and mountains.
Brewster Academy is a flourishing, innovative secondary school in one of the most picturesque areas of New England on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee and a short drive from the majestic White Mountains yet less than two hours from Boston.
The campus sits along a mile of shoreline with 20 dormitories and attached faculty residences that provide a strong on-campus adult and family presence to this quintessential boarding school community.
Campus is just steps away from a vibrant downtown with cafes, restaurants, and shops.
An imposing academic building dominates the center of campus and a 50,000 square-foot athletics facility is nestled into the hillside, overlooking the playing fields, the lake, and the mountains.
A recently renovated performing arts center is a hub for talent and all-school gatherings.
Take a look for yourself here: http://www.brewsteracademy.org or plan a visit to experience the beauty and community of Brewster.
- Top Ranked NH School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 348 students
- Yearly Tuition: $67,400
- Acceptance rate: 50%
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences, Dyslexia, Language-based
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
International Students: June 27 - July 25, 2020, Tuition: $6800 American Students: June 28 - July 25, 2020 Tuition: $6500 Day Students: June 28 - July 25, 2018, Tuition: $4200
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, Macroeconomics, Statistics, U.S. History
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Day Student Tuition: $39400
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Alpine Ski, Brewster Big Friends, Chamber Orchestra, Chorus, Dance, Debate, Digital Photography, Drama, Environmental Club, Gay Straight Alliance, Interact, Jazz Band, Literary Journal, Media Arts, Newspaper, Snowboarding, Table Tennis, Tennis, Wind Ensemble, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Brewster, a college preparatory school, acknowledges individual learning style differences, employs best practice research in teaching and learning, offers a mastery-based curriculum, and supports this within a technical medium leading to a highly interactive, student-centered and collaborative learning environment.
- Highly personalized and student-centered learning; Discussion-based and interactive classes.
- Team-based teaching, collaborative learning emphasis and project-based learning.
- Customized, fully integrated academic support programs in which 35% of students are enrolled.
- Emotional Literacy program in partnership with the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.
- National and New England championship teams with unparalleled athletic facilities; More than 25% of graduating students will play sports in college.Traditional arts courses and the latest in digital arts; Newly renovated performing arts center with seating for 450.
- Vibrant downtown with shops, cafes, restaurants, and more all adjacent to campus in Wolfeboro - The Oldest Summer Resort in America.
- Take a 360 Virtual Tour of our lakeside location at www.brewsteracademy.org/tour.
- Contact the Office of Admission to schedule a campus visit, and see if Brewster is the best boarding school choice for you! 603-569-7200 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Profile last updated: 07/27/2021
Endorse Brewster Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.