Brewster Academy Photo #2 - Brewster Academy is located on Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire's largest lake.
Brewster Academy Photo #3 - At Brewster Academy there is a strong emphasis on project-based and collaborative learning.
Brewster Academy Photo #4 - The picturesque Brewster Academy campus is a gateway to outdoor adventures in the lakes and mountains.
Brewster Academy is a flourishing, innovative secondary school in one of the most picturesque areas of New England on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee and a short drive from the majestic White Mountains yet less than two hours from Boston.
The campus sits along a mile of shoreline with 20 dormitories and attached faculty residences that provide a strong on-campus adult and family presence to this quintessential boarding school community.
Campus is just steps away from a vibrant downtown with cafes, restaurants, and shops.
An imposing academic building dominates the center of campus and a 50,000 square-foot athletics facility is nestled into the hillside, overlooking the playing fields, the lake, and the mountains.
A recently renovated performing arts center is a hub for talent and all-school gatherings.
Take a look for yourself here: http://www.brewsteracademy.org or plan a visit to experience the beauty and community of Brewster.
- Top Ranked NH School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 348 students
- Yearly Tuition: $72,700
- Acceptance rate: 50%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / Dec. 19 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Offers Post-Graduate Year
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences, Dyslexia, Language-based
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 19%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, Macroeconomics, Statistics, U.S. History
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 1 / Dec. 19 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Day Student Tuition: $41500
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Alpine Ski, Brewster Big Friends, Chamber Orchestra, Dance, Digital Photography, Drama, Environmental Club, Gay Straight Alliance, Jazz Band, Literary Journal, Media Arts, Newspaper, Snowboarding, Table Tennis, Tennis, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Brewster, a college preparatory school, acknowledges individual learning style differences, employs best practice research in teaching and learning, offers a mastery-based curriculum, and supports this within a technical medium leading to a highly interactive, student-centered and collaborative learning environment.
- Highly personalized and student-centered learning; Discussion-based and interactive classes.
- Team-based teaching, collaborative learning emphasis and project-based learning.
- Customized, fully integrated academic support programs in which 35% of students are enrolled.
- Emotional Literacy program in partnership with the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence.
- National and New England championship teams with unparalleled athletic facilities; More than 25% of graduating students will play sports in college.Traditional arts courses and the latest in digital arts; Newly renovated performing arts center with seating for 450.
- Vibrant downtown with shops, cafes, restaurants, and more all adjacent to campus in Wolfeboro - The Oldest Summer Resort in America.
- Take a 360 Virtual Tour of our lakeside location at www.brewsteracademy.org/tour.
- Contact the Office of Admission to schedule a campus visit, and see if Brewster is the best boarding school choice for you! 603-569-7200 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Brewster Academy cost?
Brewster Academy's tuition is approximately $72,700 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Brewster Academy?
The acceptance rate of Brewster Academy is 50%, which is lower than the national average of 74%.
What sports does Brewster Academy offer?
Brewster Academy offers 19 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, E-sports, Field Hockey, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball and Tennis. Brewster Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in New Hampshire for most sports offered.
What is Brewster Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Brewster Academy?
The application deadline for Brewster Academy is Feb. 1 / Dec. 19 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 / Dec. 19 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse Brewster Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.