Wolfeboro Camp School
Tel: (603) 569-3451
Wolfeboro Camp School Photo #2 - Wolfeboro is an outcome-based, results-oriented five-week academic program and a true camp school. Our program is designed to create a friendly, community-centered atmosphere in which every student will learn, grow, and have fun. Minimal cell phone use sets the stage for meaningful interactions and active participation.
Wolfeboro Camp School Photo #3 - Wolfeboro stands alone from most summer academic programs retaining only proven, experienced teachers from highly respected schools. Teacher retention typically and proudly exceeds 90%. Predominantly from private day and boarding schools, our faculty has many years at Wolfeboro. In fact, our campus serves as the "summer home" for many of our faculty who happily return with their families every year.
Wolfeboro Camp School Photo #4 - The lake and waterfront are iconic symbols of summer, relaxation, and interaction. Campus facilities feature a complete waterfront, five-acre playing field, tennis courts, volleyball court, basketball courts, fitness room, Studio Arts Center, digital pianos and a Performing Arts Studio for choral, instrument practice and dance.
Wolfeboro Camp School Photo #5 - The Arts at Wolfeboro include Studio Arts: painting, drawing, ceramics, wheel pottery; Performing Arts: dance, talent show; Music: Pianos are everywhere; students are encouraged to bring instruments.
Wolfeboro Camp School Photo #6 - All students participate in trips scheduled to regional destinations including minor league baseball games, water parks, bowling, amusement parks and the occasional movie. Complete and extensive supervision is assured.
- 2021 Session: June 30 - August 4 A Five-Week Summer Program - A Remarkable Academic Boost! We know every student is eager to reach higher. Our inspirational teachers, structure, compassion and follow through make it happen every day. Stronger Writing, Reading, Math Skills
- Study Skills and Academic Confidence Readiness for the Next Year or a New School
- SSAT, SAT, ACT Prep. Courses for credit and preview in most core subjects. School and camp: the perfect balance!.
Wolfeboro Camp School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Executive function, mild language and non-verbal deficits,|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||130 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,900|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Patrick McInerney|
|Admissions Associate||Edward Coooper|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Kayaking, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, TennisBasketball, Dance,|
- Wolfeboro is an independent, non-profit summer boarding school. We are unaffiliated with any other school. For 111 years, Wolfeboro has been the singular summer option for families, schools, and consultants whose priority is to develop a stronger, more confident, and more independent student, well prepared for academic success in the next school year and beyond.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wolfeboro Grades: 9-12 | 343 students
80 Academy Drive
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
(603) 569-7200 2 9-12
- Ossipee Grades: PK-8 | 73 students
129 Route 28
Ossipee, NH 03864
(603) 539-8636 7.6 PK-8
- Acton Grades: 7-12 | 23 students
2435 Milton Mills Road
Acton, ME 04001
(207) 477-2829 11.7 7-12
- Ossipee Grades: PK-6 | 442 students
68 Main Street
Ossipee, NH 03864
(603) 539-4589 12.8 PK-6
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.