- Holderness School is an independent boarding school, grades 9-12, for academically minded students with a love of the outdoors.
- We are located in beautiful Holderness, NH in the heart of ski country. Visit our website to fill out an online inquiry and give us a call or email to schedule a campus visit!
Holderness School places among the top 20% of private schools in New Hampshire for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Institute for Independent Education
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||21 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1253|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Boys wear coat and or tie; girls can wear pants and dresses.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$63,000|
|Tuition Notes||Day student tuition is 41,600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mr. David Flynn|
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Erin Colon|
|Endowment Size||$60 million|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Current Events Club, Dial Yearbook, Diversity Club, Engineering Club, Fishing Club, Green Alliance, Math Team, Mosaic Literary Magazine, Poetry Club, Slackline Club, The Alliance, The Picador, Vestry
Arts and Music Programs:
Acapella Group, Arts in the Afternoon, Dance, Drama/Theater, Recording Studio
Recreational Athletic Programs:
The Outing Clu
- Holderness School is an independent boarding and day school for grades 912 offering a rigorous college preparatory education and curriculum in a vibrant and supportive community.
- Holderness School's motto is very important to us. In Latin it is pro deo et genere humano. This translates as "For God and Humankind," and this value drives our focus on strengthening the minds, bodies, and spiritual lives of our students.
- We offer a college preparatory curriculum with a range of courses, very small classes, and teachers who care about you personally. Our academics will prepare you for applying to college, succeeding in college, and even help you build networks and skills for your career.
- We love the outdoors here and believe that athletics are a foundation for great health, so you'll participate in three sports a year. We offer unique sports like rock climbing and mountain biking, as well as traditional school sports like football, lacrosse, ice hockey, and soccer. Half of our students are alpine, nordic, snowboarding and freeski athletes, and many of them compete at the national or international level. But not all of them; you might be someone who gets on snow for the first time at Holderness and develops a life long love of winter sports.
- Holderness School also believes in caring for one another in active ways that lay the foundation for confident leadership. All students participate in our Jobs Program and share in the work of running the school. We are also a member of the National Association of Episcopal Schools and its guiding principles are steeped in a Christian tradition of inclusion and open inquiry. Students and faculty attend chapel twice a week together and often collaborate on the service content and style.
- The sum of these values is that we have a very warm and connected community with a joyful spirit. If you choose Holderness School you will graduate with an excellent academic foundation, strong leadership skills, and life-long connections--ingredients for a happy and successful life.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wolfeboro Grades: 9-12 | 343 students
80 Academy Drive
Wolfeboro, NH 03894
(603)569-7200 26.9 9-12
- Gill Grades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
(413)498-3227 85.1 9-12