Tel: (978) 827-7000
- Cushing Academy, an independent, coeducational boarding school for students in grades 9-12 and post-graduate.
- Founded in 1865, the Academy is home to students from over 28 countries and 26 states, with challenging and supportive programs in academics, arts and athletics.
- The 162-acre campus is located in a bucolic setting approximately one hour west of Boston, Massachusetts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences, Language based learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$59,750|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$32,000|
|Admissions Director||Catherine Pollock|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Figure Skating, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingAlpine Skiing, Ballet,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Figure Skating,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Mountain Biking, Snowboarding,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Cushing Academy, founded as a coeducational boarding school in 1865, exists for students, their academic growth and their personal development. We are dedicated to educating the mind, shaping the character, and nurturing the creativity of young men and women. In a community that is academically and culturally diverse, we challenge each individual, support excellence in every aspect of the learning process, and promote active participation in all areas of life and learning. We offer a demanding college preparatory curriculum, teach skills that build confidence, and instill values that endure.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dedham Grades: 7-12 | 590 students
10 Campus Drive
Dedham, MA 02026
(781) 326-3700 49.6 7-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?