Massachusetts Private Schools
- There are 902 private schools in Massachusetts, serving 134,682 students.
- The average private school tuition is $11,522 for elementary schools and $30,983 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 71% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 24% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
We take advantage of our Back Bay location by using the rich resources of the City of Boston, This lends richness and excitement to learning at Newman.
The Winchendon School is located in the bucolic hills of north central Massachusetts. The School has a Donald Ross designed golf course on campus.
At Miss Hall's, we understand that there are many ways to learn and many ways to teach. We feel education is both about acquiring information and skills and learning what questions to ask - of yourself, your teachers, the world. To this end, we encourage girls to listen, speak up, set ambitious goals, and pursue their unique, intellectual passions.
Fay School is located on a 66-acre campus 25 miles from Boston in Southborough, Massachusetts, and is the oldest junior boarding school in the United States. Fay currently serves students in Pre-Kindergarten through grade nine, with an optional boarding program starting in grade seven.
Delphi offers strong academics and a personal approach. The program is geared to children pre-k to 8th grade. Students are both helped and challenged. We want to see students grow, stretch, reach higher and further, and prepare them to be independent learners. The program taps into the unique beauty, talent and genius of each child.
Inside and out, we believe in supporting children in active learning throughout their days at Tobin.
Massachusetts Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 28 Schools2,285 Students9% Minority
- 19 Schools2,113 Students22% Minority
- 75 Schools10,275 Students13% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students20% Minority
- 104 Schools19,032 Students21% Minority
- 12 Schools2,236 Students25% Minority
- 51 Schools6,088 Students18% Minority
- 16 Schools1,626 Students23% Minority
- 244 Schools35,976 Students24% Minority
- 3 Schools278 Students6% Minority
- 122 Schools20,086 Students25% Minority
- 59 Schools7,834 Students25% Minority
- 74 Schools12,590 Students39% Minority
- 98 Schools14,630 Students20% Minority
April 10, 2018
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.