Massachusetts Private Schools
- There are 911 private schools in Massachusetts, serving 135,899 students.
- The average private school tuition is $11,307 for elementary schools and $31,360 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 71% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 24% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
The Winchendon School is located in the bucolic hills of north central Massachusetts. The School has a Donald Ross designed golf course on campus.
Delphi offers strong academics and a personal approach. The program is geared to children pre-k to 8th grade. Students are both helped and challenged. We want to see students grow, stretch, reach higher and further, and prepare them to be independent learners. The program taps into the unique beauty, talent and genius of each child.
At Miss Hall's, we understand that there are many ways to learn and many ways to teach. We feel education is both about acquiring information and skills and learning what questions to ask - of yourself, your teachers, the world. To this end, we encourage girls to listen, speak up, set ambitious goals, and pursue their unique, intellectual passions.
Inside and out, we believe in supporting children in active learning throughout their days at Tobin.
Massachusetts Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 28 Schools2,285 Students9% Minority
- 20 Schools2,344 Students21% Minority
- 76 Schools10,519 Students15% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students20% Minority
- 107 Schools19,302 Students20% Minority
- 13 Schools2,311 Students27% Minority
- 51 Schools6,089 Students20% Minority
- 17 Schools1,736 Students22% Minority
- 244 Schools35,751 Students24% Minority
- 3 Schools278 Students6% Minority
- 124 Schools20,354 Students25% Minority
- 61 Schools7,965 Students25% Minority
- 75 Schools12,692 Students39% Minority
- 98 Schools14,692 Students20% Minority
November 24, 2017
Private schools have their own jargon just like any activity or affinity group has. Here are some of the more common terms you are likely to encounter as you explore private schools.
November 23, 2017
Use an educational consultant to ask those tough questions you are not comfortable asking.
November 23, 2017
Some schools require you to purchase a laptop as part of their book fee. Others let you bring your own computer.