Top Massachusetts Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 919 top private schools in Massachusetts, serving 134,572 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,065 for elementary schools and $31,476 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 71% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
The Tobin School Photo - Inside and out, we believe in supporting children in active learning throughout their days at Tobin.
Delphi Academy of Boston Photo - Delphi offers strong academics and a personal approach. The program is geared to children pre-k to 8th grade. Students are both helped and challenged. We want to see students grow, stretch, reach higher and further, and prepare them to be independent learners. The program taps into the unique beauty, talent and genius of each child.
The Newman School Photo - We take advantage of our Back Bay location by using the rich resources of the City of Boston, This lends richness and excitement to learning at Newman.
The Winchendon School Photo - The Winchendon School is located in the bucolic hills of north central Massachusetts. The School has a Donald Ross designed golf course on campus.
Miss Hall's School Photo - At Miss Hall's, we understand that there are many ways to learn and many ways to teach. We feel education is both about acquiring information and skills and learning what questions to ask - of yourself, your teachers, the world. To this end, we encourage girls to listen, speak up, set ambitious goals, and pursue their unique, intellectual passions.
St. John's Preparatory School Photo - St. John's Prep, built on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal.
Boston College High School Photo - The labyrinth in our main common area provides a metaphor for the reflective journey you take through life, as well as the internal discovery of yourself.
Top Massachusetts Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 28 Schools2,611 Students9% Minority
- 20 Schools2,226 Students17% Minority
- 73 Schools9,864 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students- Minority
- 105 Schools18,804 Students19% Minority
- 12 Schools2,214 Students30% Minority
- 51 Schools6,175 Students20% Minority
- 16 Schools1,688 Students18% Minority
- 251 Schools36,138 Students24% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students7% Minority
- 124 Schools19,834 Students21% Minority
- 60 Schools7,614 Students19% Minority
- 78 Schools13,229 Students37% Minority
- 98 Schools13,979 Students20% Minority
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.