Top Massachusetts Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 920 top private schools in Massachusetts, serving 134,892 students.
- The average private school tuition is $11,944 for elementary schools and $31,559 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 71% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
The Tobin School Photo - Inside and out, we believe in supporting children in active learning throughout their days at Tobin.
Fay School Photo - Fay School is located on a 66-acre campus 25 miles from Boston in Southborough, Massachusetts, and is the oldest junior boarding school in the United States. Fay currently serves students in Pre-Kindergarten through grade nine, with an optional boarding program starting in grade seven.
Delphi Academy of Boston Photo - Delphi offers strong academics and a personal approach. The program is geared to children pre-k to 8th grade. Students are both helped and challenged. We want to see students grow, stretch, reach higher and further, and prepare them to be independent learners. The program taps into the unique beauty, talent and genius of each child.
St. John's Preparatory School Photo - St. John's Prep, built on the Xaverian values of compassion, humility, simplicity, trust and zeal.
The Newman School Photo - We take advantage of our Back Bay location by using the rich resources of the City of Boston, This lends richness and excitement to learning at Newman.
The Winchendon School Photo - The Winchendon School is located in the bucolic hills of north central Massachusetts. The School has a Donald Ross designed golf course on campus.
Miss Hall's School Photo - At Miss Hall's, we understand that there are many ways to learn and many ways to teach. We feel education is both about acquiring information and skills and learning what questions to ask - of yourself, your teachers, the world. To this end, we encourage girls to listen, speak up, set ambitious goals, and pursue their unique, intellectual passions.
Adventure Kids, Inc. dba Northwest Child Development Center Photo - NAEYC Accredited center serving infants through age 8. With the help and understanding of the families, we continually assess the growth and development of each child to ensure individualized instruction for each child. Evaluations are done four times per year.
Top Massachusetts Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 28 Schools2,611 Students9% Minority
- 20 Schools2,226 Students17% Minority
- 73 Schools9,864 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students- Minority
- 105 Schools18,804 Students19% Minority
- 12 Schools2,214 Students30% Minority
- 51 Schools6,175 Students20% Minority
- 16 Schools1,688 Students18% Minority
- 251 Schools36,138 Students24% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students7% Minority
- 124 Schools19,834 Students21% Minority
- 60 Schools7,614 Students19% Minority
- 78 Schools13,229 Students37% Minority
- 98 Schools13,979 Students20% Minority
The SSAT’s questions are different than questions on other standardized tests. Make sure you learn about the best SSAT test prep programs out there.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
It is illegal for an interviewer to ask certain questions at your job interview. Be aware of what they can and cannot ask you.