Top Massachusetts Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 898 top private schools in Massachusetts, serving 131,918 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,811 for elementary schools and $31,056 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 71% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
The Tobin School Photo - The Tobin School has a strong commitment to community service and citizenship as part of our daily curriculum. Our Annual Family Volunteer Fair, now in its tenth year, is just one of a number of activities designed to teach children the important concept of volunteerism and how they can make a difference in the lives of others. Learn more: http://thetobinschool.org/community-service-at-tobin/
Fay School Photo - Fay School is located on a 66-acre campus 25 miles from Boston in Southborough, Massachusetts, and is the oldest junior boarding school in the United States. Fay currently serves students in Pre-Kindergarten through grade nine, with an optional boarding program starting in grade seven.
Sacred Heart School Photo - 5th and 6th grade scholars enjoy their field trip to the Museum of Science.
Apple Orchard School Photo - At Apple Orchard, because we're a school on a farm, we spend a great deal of time outside running in fields, feeding the ducks in the pond, walking our goats, building with rocks and branches, sledding, and stomping in puddles.
Bay Farm Montessori Academy Photo - The culture and curriculum at Bay Farm spring from a strong Montessori foundation.
The Newman School Photo - We take advantage of our Back Bay location by using the rich resources of the City of Boston, This lends richness and excitement to learning at Newman.
Top Massachusetts Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 27 Schools2,343 Students9% Minority
- 20 Schools2,268 Students17% Minority
- 73 Schools9,751 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students- Minority
- 104 Schools18,691 Students19% Minority
- 11 Schools2,174 Students30% Minority
- 49 Schools6,181 Students20% Minority
- 16 Schools1,696 Students18% Minority
- 240 Schools34,382 Students23% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students7% Minority
- 122 Schools19,727 Students22% Minority
- 56 Schools7,408 Students18% Minority
- 78 Schools12,918 Students37% Minority
- 97 Schools14,065 Students20% Minority
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.