Top Massachusetts Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 898 top private schools in Massachusetts, serving 131,934 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,811 for elementary schools and $31,056 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 71% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Miss Hall's School Photo - A talented, supportive community of learners awaits you at MHS. Our faculty are dedicated mentors who are passionate about their subjects and creative in their teaching, unafraid to ditch the textbook in favor of collaborative, project-based learning.
Apple Orchard School Photo - At Apple Orchard, because we're a school on a farm, we spend a great deal of time outside running in fields, feeding the ducks in the pond, walking our goats, building with rocks and branches, sledding, and stomping in puddles.
Fay School Photo - Fay School is located on a 66-acre campus 25 miles from Boston in Southborough, Massachusetts, and is the oldest junior boarding school in the United States. Fay currently serves students in Pre-Kindergarten through grade nine, with an optional boarding program starting in grade seven.
Lexington Christian Academy Photo - Our MakerSpace provides space, time, and technology to the community for the purposes of experiencing and exploring relevant connections to the physical world through innovation and experimentation. It’s a dynamic space for students to experiment, explore, create, and discover. Have an idea? You can build it here.
Bay Farm Montessori Academy Photo - The culture and curriculum at Bay Farm spring from a strong Montessori foundation.
The Newman School Photo - We take advantage of our Back Bay location by using the rich resources of the City of Boston, This lends richness and excitement to learning at Newman.
Sacred Heart School Photo - 5th and 6th grade scholars enjoy their field trip to the Museum of Science.
Top Massachusetts Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 27 Schools2,343 Students9% Minority
- 20 Schools2,268 Students17% Minority
- 73 Schools9,751 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students- Minority
- 104 Schools18,691 Students19% Minority
- 11 Schools2,174 Students30% Minority
- 49 Schools6,181 Students20% Minority
- 16 Schools1,696 Students18% Minority
- 240 Schools34,382 Students23% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students7% Minority
- 122 Schools19,727 Students22% Minority
- 56 Schools7,408 Students18% Minority
- 78 Schools12,918 Students37% Minority
- 97 Schools14,065 Students20% Minority
The benefits of studying a dead language.
Tuition at private schools varies from nothing at a few schools to over $100,000 for the most expensive school.
Finding a school which will accept your child after the normal admissions deadline has passed is not easy. But it can be done.