Top Massachusetts Private Schools
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 908 top private schools in Massachusetts, serving 133,057 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,762 for elementary schools and $31,223 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 71% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
The Tobin School Photo - Inside and out, we believe in supporting children in active learning throughout their days at Tobin.
Apple Orchard School Photo - At Apple Orchard, because we're a school on a farm, we spend a great deal of time outside running in fields, feeding the ducks in the pond, walking our goats, building with rocks and branches, sledding, and stomping in puddles.
Fay School Photo - Fay School is located on a 66-acre campus 25 miles from Boston in Southborough, Massachusetts, and is the oldest junior boarding school in the United States. Fay currently serves students in Pre-Kindergarten through grade nine, with an optional boarding program starting in grade seven.
Lexington Christian Academy Photo - Lexington Christian Academy is an independent, college preparatory, day and boarding school educating students in grades 6-12.
The Winchendon School Photo - The Winchendon School is located in the bucolic hills of north central Massachusetts. The School has a Donald Ross designed golf course on campus.
The Newman School Photo - We take advantage of our Back Bay location by using the rich resources of the City of Boston, This lends richness and excitement to learning at Newman.
Top Massachusetts Private Schools by County (2019-20)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 28 Schools2,611 Students9% Minority
- 20 Schools2,253 Students17% Minority
- 73 Schools9,844 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students- Minority
- 105 Schools18,766 Students19% Minority
- 12 Schools2,222 Students30% Minority
- 51 Schools6,311 Students20% Minority
- 16 Schools1,696 Students18% Minority
- 246 Schools35,303 Students23% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students7% Minority
- 125 Schools19,862 Students22% Minority
- 59 Schools7,613 Students19% Minority
- 78 Schools13,076 Students37% Minority
- 98 Schools14,091 Students20% Minority
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.