Massachusetts Private Schools
- There are 918 private schools in Massachusetts, serving 136,585 students.
- The average private school tuition is $11,192 for elementary schools and $31,344 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 72% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 23% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
We take advantage of our Back Bay location by using the rich resources of the City of Boston, This lends richness and excitement to learning at Newman.
Delphi offers strong academics and a personal approach. The program is geared to children pre-k to 8th grade. Students are both helped and challenged. We want to see students grow, stretch, reach higher and further, and prepare them to be independent learners. The program taps into the unique beauty, talent and genius of each child.
Fay School is located on a 66-acre campus 25 miles from Boston in Southborough, Massachusetts, and is the oldest junior boarding school in the United States. Fay currently serves students in Pre-Kindergarten through grade nine, with an optional boarding program starting in grade seven.
At Miss Hall's, we understand that there are many ways to learn and many ways to teach. We feel education is both about acquiring information and skills and learning what questions to ask - of yourself, your teachers, the world. To this end, we encourage girls to listen, speak up, set ambitious goals, and pursue their unique, intellectual passions.
Massachusetts Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 28 Schools2,285 Students9% Minority
- 20 Schools2,344 Students21% Minority
- 76 Schools10,519 Students15% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students20% Minority
- 107 Schools19,302 Students20% Minority
- 13 Schools2,311 Students27% Minority
- 51 Schools6,089 Students20% Minority
- 17 Schools1,736 Students22% Minority
- 244 Schools35,751 Students24% Minority
- 3 Schools278 Students6% Minority
- 124 Schools20,354 Students25% Minority
- 61 Schools7,965 Students25% Minority
- 75 Schools12,692 Students39% Minority
- 98 Schools14,692 Students20% Minority
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.