Top Massachusetts Private Schools
- For the 2020 school year, there are 897 top private schools in Massachusetts, serving 131,886 students.
- The average private school tuition is $12,846 for elementary schools and $31,585 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 72% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
Apple Orchard School Photo - At Apple Orchard, because we're a school on a farm, we spend a great deal of time outside running in fields, feeding the ducks in the pond, walking our goats, building with rocks and branches, sledding, and stomping in puddles.
Bay Farm Montessori Academy Photo - The culture and curriculum at Bay Farm spring from a strong Montessori foundation.
The Tobin School Photo - Inside and out, we believe in supporting children in active learning throughout their days at Tobin.
Lexington Christian Academy Photo - Lexington Christian Academy is an independent, college preparatory, day and boarding school educating students in grades 6-12.
Fay School Photo - Fay School is located on a 66-acre campus 25 miles from Boston in Southborough, Massachusetts, and is the oldest junior boarding school in the United States. Fay currently serves students in Pre-Kindergarten through grade nine, with an optional boarding program starting in grade seven.
The Newman School Photo - We take advantage of our Back Bay location by using the rich resources of the City of Boston, This lends richness and excitement to learning at Newman.
Top Massachusetts Private Schools by County (2020)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 27 Schools2,343 Students9% Minority
- 20 Schools2,268 Students17% Minority
- 73 Schools9,751 Students11% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students- Minority
- 104 Schools18,691 Students19% Minority
- 11 Schools2,174 Students30% Minority
- 49 Schools6,181 Students20% Minority
- 16 Schools1,696 Students18% Minority
- 240 Schools34,382 Students23% Minority
- 3 Schools292 Students7% Minority
- 122 Schools19,727 Students22% Minority
- 56 Schools7,408 Students18% Minority
- 78 Schools12,918 Students37% Minority
- 97 Schools14,065 Students20% Minority
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.