Massachusetts Private Schools
- There are 918 private schools in Massachusetts, serving 136,398 students.
- The average private school tuition is $11,029 for elementary schools and $31,539 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 72% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 24% and the student:teacher ratio is 8:1.
We take advantage of our Back Bay location by using the rich resources of the City of Boston, This lends richness and excitement to learning at Newman.
Fay School is located on a 66-acre campus 25 miles from Boston in Southborough, Massachusetts, and is the oldest junior boarding school in the United States. Fay currently serves students in Pre-Kindergarten through grade nine, with an optional boarding program starting in grade seven.
At Miss Hall's, we understand that there are many ways to learn and many ways to teach. We feel education is both about acquiring information and skills and learning what questions to ask - of yourself, your teachers, the world. To this end, we encourage girls to listen, speak up, set ambitious goals, and pursue their unique, intellectual passions.
Massachusetts Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 28 Schools2,285 Students9% Minority
- 20 Schools2,344 Students21% Minority
- 76 Schools10,519 Students15% Minority
- 1 Schools48 Students20% Minority
- 107 Schools19,302 Students20% Minority
- 13 Schools2,311 Students27% Minority
- 51 Schools6,089 Students20% Minority
- 17 Schools1,736 Students22% Minority
- 244 Schools35,751 Students24% Minority
- 3 Schools278 Students6% Minority
- 124 Schools20,354 Students25% Minority
- 61 Schools7,965 Students25% Minority
- 75 Schools12,692 Students39% Minority
- 98 Schools14,692 Students20% Minority
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.