- Founded in 1884 by Rev. Endicott Peabody, Groton's original aims included the intellectual, moral and physical development of its students in grades seven through twelve towards preparation for both college and "the active work of life".
- Now a coeducational, primarily residential school of 175 girls and 175 boys in grades eight through twelve, we set for our students the highest standards of academic achievement, intellectual growth, ethical awareness and behavior, sportsmanship, athletic endeavor and service to others. The School takes leadership seriously, and our concern for character is a point of distinction.
- Our mission has never been narrowly to prepare students for college, but rather always to provide an experience which, while academically rigorous, goes far beyond college requirements, addressing important personal aspects of growth and maturity.
- Our unflagging commitment to each student's intellectual, moral, and physical growth and to the considerable resources of faculty, facility, and locale creates a school which is larger than the sum of its parts.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||380 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP French, AP Latin 4 - Vergil, AP Music Theory, AP Spanish, AP Statistics|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Boys-collared shirts, no jeans, no athletic clothing (i.e. sweatpants) Formal dress on occasion.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$56,700|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Ian Gracey|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Rhonda Collins|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- GrotonGrades: 9-12 | 392 students
Po Box 992, 44 Main Street
Groton, MA 01450
- ExeterGrades: 9-12 | 1085 students
20 Main St
Exeter, NH 03833
- ConcordGrades: 9-12 | 383 students
166 Main Street
Concord, MA 01742
- MiltonGrades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
- DeerfieldGrades: 9-12 | 648 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
December 12, 2017
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
December 12, 2017
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.
December 04, 2017
If you are responsible for marketing your school, you probably have encountered the term SEO. If you are unfamiliar with SEO, this article will introduce you to the basic concepts.