Middlesex School Photo #2 - Our science and math programs develop algorithmic and computational thinking through a problem-solving experiences.
Middlesex School Photo #3 - Students cross the circle to the Chapel to listen to a senior "Chapel talk."
Middlesex School Photo #4 - With a 4:1 student-to-teacher ratio, faculty are always available for extra help.
Middlesex School Photo #5 - The Middlesex art department has a full array of courses for both the beginner and the seasoned artist. Participation in the arts is required at Middlesex.
Middlesex School Photo #9 - With over 70 student-run clubs every year, there will always be a club that interests you. And if there isn't, you can start one!
- Located in one of this country's most historic towns, Concord, Massachusetts, Middlesex aspires to help its students "find their promise" through immersion in a rigorous academic program, inclusive programs in arts and athletics, and a commitment to service.
Middlesex School places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||410 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||93 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||23 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government and Politics, AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese, AP Computer Science A, AP Economics ( Macro), AP Economics ( Micro), AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP French Language, AP Latin (Vergil), AP Music Theory, AP Physics B, AP Physics C, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1410|
|Average ACT score||32|
|Average Percentile SSAT||86%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$51,212|
|Tuition Notes||For 2019-20: Boarding: $64015 Day: $51212 There are no additional fees|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$49,533|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Douglas C. Price|
|Endowment Size||$252 million|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||65 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alumni Ambassador, Amnesty International, Anime Club, Astronomy Club, Bonsai Club, Chess Club, Circle of Women, Common Sense (Environmental Organization), Community Service, Cooking Club, Diversity Committee, Finance Club, Fishing Club, Freedom of Speech (Open Mic Event), French Club, Frisbee Club, Gay-Straight Alliance, Horror Movie Club, Improv Club, Indie Music Club, Investing in Girls (IIG), Iris, Knitting Club, Literary Appreciation Society, Math Team, Middlesex Yearbook, Model Congress, Model United Nations, MX Cares, MX Live, Mxlodians, Outdoors Club, Peer Support, Poetry Club, Politically Incorrect Debate Club, Programming Club, Public Speaking Club, Random Acts of Kindness, Reggae Music Club, Robotics Club, Slack Line Club, Society of Latinos, Songwriters Club, Spectrum (Multi-Cultural Organization), Spike Ball Club, Spirit Club, Student Activities Committee, Student Admissions Committee, Student Government, TED Talks, The Anvil, The Asian Society, Young Democrats, Young Republicans, Zebrettes
Arts and Music Programs:
Bateman's Bullfrogs, Children's Play, Chorus, Contemporary Chamber Ensemble, Divine Vision (Step Dance), Instrumental Ensemble, Middlesex Art Association, Photography Club, Pottery Club, Tech Theater
- On the edge of Concord, Massachusetts, just 20 miles outside Boston, beyond an entry column of overhanging maples, you`ll find the sprawling green campus of Middlesex, an independent secondary school for boarding and day students in grades 9-12. Keep heading to your right and you`ll see the main schoolhouse, where a small community from across the world gathers to pursue an education built upon a curriculum of outstanding breadth and depth. Peek inside a classroom to see an intimate group of passionate students as they discuss, analyze, listen, laugh, strive and thrive.The houses you`ll see on campus belong to our faculty, who open their doors day and night to talk with students about Hemingway, Newton, Caesar, the big game, that great concert, or nothing in particular. Academic expertise, commitment, and eternal energy, however, only partly define the faculty at Middlesex. Their passion for the careful development of complete, ethical teenagers is the true reason they`ve dedicated their lives to Middlesex.You`ll notice facilities that foster our cherished sense of community. Stop by our theater and maybe you`ll catch one of our full ensemble Broadway musicals. Head over to our non-denominational Chapel to hear a speech from one of our seniors, or maybe some Beethoven from our chamber music ensemble. Check out the Student Center and shoot some pool before the school packs in for an a cappella jam. If you want to enjoy some athletic competition elite or otherwise head out to our fields, where every student wears the Middlesex colors with pride.When you come to Middlesex, you`ll find a place full of opportunity, challenge, and friendship. A place to take risks and become a leader. A place to discover passions, talents, and yourself. A place, as our founder so aptly put it, to find your promise.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Concord Grades: 9-12 | 395 students
166 Main Street
Concord, MA 01742
(978)402-2250 2.5 9-12
- Milton Grades: K-12 | 980 students
170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
(617)898-1798 22.5 K-12
- Dedham Grades: 7-12 | 590 students
10 Campus Drive
Dedham, MA 02026
(781)326-3700 18.6 7-12
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerry's Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617)547-6100 14.7 PK-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.