- High Mowing School is a Waldorf boarding and day school with up to 120 students from the United States and abroad.
- Developing rigorous, imaginative thinking is at the core of the High Mowing math, science and humanities courses.
- In addition, students have the opportunity to participate in a wide selection of studio and performing arts, digital arts, naturalist courses, sports and other engaging activities.
- Our goal is to help young adults go out into the world possessed of a certain surety, an inner balance and confidence, along with academic knowledge and practical skills to meet life and its infinite possibilities.
- Inspired by a love and respect for the highest potential in each human being, High Mowing School awakens capacities of creativity, intellect, compassion, and the will to make life choices with integrity and responsibility. Working from the ideals of Waldorf education, adapted to the needs of the American soul and spirit, we deeply value our natural environment and New England campus; beauty and simplicity; the uniqueness of each individual; the truth, beauty, and goodness of knowledge; the artistry and creativity that harmonizes all that we experience; finishing each task we begin; and passion for all that lives.
|School Type||Waldorf School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences, evaluated on an individual basis|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 12%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$55,200|
|Tuition Notes||Day tuition is $35,400 Boarding Fee is $19,800|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,000|
|Admissions Director||Molly Reeve|
|Admissions Associate||Liz McSweeney|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Archery, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Equestrian, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Paddle Tennis, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Archery,
Basketball, Cross Country,
Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing,
Paddle Tennis, Rock Climbing,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||A Capella Choir, Anime Club, Archery, Biking, Chamber Music, Circus Arts, Cross Country Skiing, Downhill Skiing, French Club, Hiking, Literary Journal, Model United Nations, Open Studio, Rock Climbing, Tennis, The Peace & Social Justice Cabin, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball Anime Club, Archery, Biking, Chamber Music, Circus Arts, French Club, Hiking, Open Studio, Rock Climbing, Tennis, Volleyball, A Capella Choir,
Cross Country Skiing,
Model United Nations,
The Peace & Social Justice Cabin,
- Rigorous Academics
- Studio Arts: Drawing, Painting, Pottery, Stained Glass, Fiber Arts, Silk Screening,Jewelry Making, Metalworking, Sculpting, Batik...
- Outdoor Programs: Horticulture & Gardening, Naturalist, Sustainability, Ecology, Forestry.
- Theater: Class Play Each Year & All-School Musical in Spring
- Organic, Local Chef-Prepared Meals
- Supportive, Responsive Faculty
- Beautiful Rural New England Campus
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ManchesterGrades: 6-12 | 399 students
2108 River Road
Manchester, NH 03104
TiltonGrades: 9-12 | 257 students
30 School Street
Tilton, NH 03276
AshburnhamGrades: 9-12 | 400 students
PO Box 8000, 39 School Street
Ashburnham, MA 01430
Saxtons RiverGrades: 9-12 | 246 students
P.O. Box 500
Saxtons River, VT 05154
PutneyGrades: 9-12 | 226 students
418 Houghton Brook Rd
Putney, VT 05346
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.