The Village School
The Village School Photo #4 - Village School Reading Buddies share aloud the poems they wrote together.
The Village School Photo #6 - Naturalist and artist Gordon Morrison visits the Village School, teaching children how to do nature illustration.
The Village School Photo #7 - Village School kindergarten children examine feathers under microscopes, as part of their 8 week bird study.
The Village School Photo #8 - Village School students show the debris hut they have been building outside.
The Village School is an independent school serving children in preschool, kindergarten, and grades 1-6, in north central Massachusetts, offering a unique curriculum based on challenging hands-on academics, direct contact with the natural world, and kindness.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-6
- Students: 62 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,750
- Acceptance rate: 85%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
(dress for paint and dirt!)
(dress for paint and dirt!)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
8750 for full time K-6th students, 4500 for half day preschool students 3916 for 1/2 time preschool students
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- Our aim is to nurture children's sense of wonder and to guide their pursuit of knowledge so that each child can integrate their own experience and transform it into understanding.
- The Village School's curriculum is project based. Outdoor exploration, nature observation, science experiments, nature projects, and gardening are integral aspects of the program. Science is focused on observation in nature and study of the universe.
- Academics are woven into the fabric of the child's life experience. Reading, writing and math tools are forged and honed daily in order to assist children in their understanding of themselves and the world around them. Our Investigations math curriculum helps develop critical thinking, use group problem solving, and master concepts with the aid of everyday material objects.
- Many forms of creative expression are used throughout the school, including clay work, watercolor painting, dance, music singing and movement, drama, journal work, storytelling, and creative writing.
- The school is an inseparable part of a vibrant community that integrates the school, work, and home life. parents are welcome participants in the daily life of the school, helping to create a village atmosphere where parents, students, and teachers work together in a dynamic learning community.
- We are located on the Camp Caravan 55 acre campus where children play daily in nature. We recently built a brand new light-filled school building which supports the nature-based education.
Endorse The Village School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.