- At Applewild we believe that the ages of five to fifteen are the most important in a child`s education, the foundation upon which all further education is built.
- Here students discover their passion for learning and engage in the pursuit of excellence in academics, arts, and athletics in a supportive environment.
- The core values we promote and the relationships among all the members of our community prepare our students to be confident learners and responsible citizens.
- At Applewild School we believe that a diverse community enhances and enriches our educational experience.
- We strive to create an inclusive culture of mutual responsibility where all people are valued and respected.
- Our goal is to recognize and acknowledge our shared humanity while understanding and respecting differences as we learn, live and grow together.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||158 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(collared blouses/shirts with slacks or capris or skirts for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Ask about Access Applewild - our innovative tuition model|
|Admissions Director||Jen Wing|
|Admissions Associate||Jen Raterman|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art & Shop Mentor, French Club, Jazz Band, Math Club, Ski Club French Club, Jazz Band, Math Club, Ski Club, Art & Shop Mentor,
- Applewild School has two preschool centers. One located on our Main Campus in Fitchburg and one in Devens, MA. Applewild Preschool enrolls children ages 2.9 - 5 years.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FitchburgGrades: PK-8 | 232 students
254 Summer Street
Fitchburg, MA 01420
48 Main Street
Southborough, MA 01772
MarlboroughGrades: 5-9 | 140 students
404 Robin Hill Street
Marlborough, MA 01752
RoyalstonGrades: PK-6 | 64 students
On the Common P.O. Box 122
Royalston, MA 01368
ShrewsburyGrades: 9-12 | 1050 students
378 Main St
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
This year we are looking forward to our daughter portray Queen Elizabeth II in the second grade living wax museum and seeing our fourth grader's creativity come alive for the invention convention. I am so grateful for the creative learning environment that challenges all aspects of learning and character building, especially in regards to public speaking. I strongly recommend taking a look during the school day so you can see the kids and teachers in action. Such an impressive and nurturing school!
- Posted by Parent - Parent of 2 students
Had good orientation trips that our daughter enjoyed and due to class sizes students get a better education that public school but the children are protected from the outside world, cloistered almost and lots of pressure is put on them to succeed. It is all about the school's reputation and protecting it if something goes wrong!!!! For us, it did.
- Posted by Parent - dyans
We have truly enjoyed our experience at Applewild. Our son has grown academically in terms of furthering exploration in areas where he succeeds and strengthening areas of weakness. His teachers have taken individual time to help his love for science expand while helping him to overcome challenges and develop confidence and leadership skills. Each student is an essential part of the community as demonstrated through common time, lunch, buddy programs and the arts programs. The education a child receives is wholistic encompassing academics, values and personal growth throughout the school day and curriculum. Every teacher and administrator is compassionate and eager to teach. They have taken the time to become familiar with my son, our goals and our family. It has been a wonderful opportunity to be part of this community. Private school is an investment in your child's future. This has been my wisest investment yet.
- Posted by Parent - eliza