5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (978) 342-6053
- Applewild students actively participate in a formative, individualized, and innovative educational experience. Our students are nurtured in mind and character, and they develop the values needed to lead purposeful lives.
- Each individual is known and cherished, and each individual`s strengths and potential are cultivated.
- Students engage in active, collaborative learning experiences through an education grounded in the liberal arts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language-based|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared blouses/shirts with slacks or capris or skirts for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Ask about Access Applewild - our innovative tuition model|
|Admissions Director||Kelly Jennison|
|Admissions Associate||Stacey Low|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Field Hockey, Lacrosse,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
French Club, Math Club, Ski Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art & Shop Mentor, Jazz Band
- Founded in 1957, Applewild School is an independent, coed junior boarding (5-9) and day school (PS-9). Located one hour outside of Boston, Applewild students enjoy access to New England's finest landmarks and attractions. Applewild has educated students from around the world for over a decade, with a vibrant liberal arts curriculum, thoughtful English Language Learning program, robust athletics and arts offerings, and excellent secondary school placement. Our Core Values of Respect, Fairness, Responsibility, Compassion, Cooperation, Honesty, and Civic-Mindedness are the foundation of our community and curriculum.
- Applewild School has two preschool centers and two kindergarten, first grade, second grade and third grade classrooms. One located on our Main Campus in Fitchburg and one in Devens, MA. Applewild Preschool enrolls children ages 2.9 - 5 years.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Leominster Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
213 Lancaster St
Leominster, MA 01453
(978) 534-4770 5.9 PK-8
- Belmont Grades: PK-8
55 Day School Lane
Belmont, MA 02478
(617) 484-3078 34.5 PK-8
My daughter came to Applewild for the seventh grade because she wasn't being challenged academically or supported emotionally in our school district. As I look back at the last two years, I am amazed and so very proud of the young woman she has become. She loves Applewild and has truly flourished there. She bounds off of the school bus every morning, excited to start the day. The faculty and staff know our daughter, but more importantly they "get" here. She has achieved academic high honors every semester in seventh and eighth grade. Math, which was her weakness, is now one of her favorite classes. She plays lacrosse and field hockey and starred in the school play this year. The Applewild community has welcomed us with open arms. I am so very glad that my husband and I made this choice for our child and our family.
- Posted by Parent - jdc2c
I went to Applewild from 2001 to 2009, and it was definitely one of the most important places in my childhood. My friends who went to public school or other independents schools are always amazed when I mention something about Applewild. "Wait, you actually liked middle school?" "Wait, you went on that orientation trip to Chewonki in middle school?" A lot of schools can brag about having nice communities, but not that many can back it up - My friends from Applewild have remained some of my closest friends to this day (in fact, I'm even still in touch with multiple teachers) and my experience is not an isolated one. This place is the perfect environment for kids to develop academic, artistic, and social skills.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alum
This year we are looking forward to our daughter portray Queen Elizabeth II in the second grade living wax museum and seeing our fourth grader's creativity come alive for the invention convention. I am so grateful for the creative learning environment that challenges all aspects of learning and character building, especially in regards to public speaking. I strongly recommend taking a look during the school day so you can see the kids and teachers in action. Such an impressive and nurturing school!
- Posted by Parent - Parent of 2 students
Had good orientation trips that our daughter enjoyed and due to class sizes students get a better education that public school but the children are protected from the outside world, cloistered almost and lots of pressure is put on them to succeed. It is all about the school's reputation and protecting it if something goes wrong!!!! For us, it did.
- Posted by Parent - dyans
We have truly enjoyed our experience at Applewild. Our son has grown academically in terms of furthering exploration in areas where he succeeds and strengthening areas of weakness. His teachers have taken individual time to help his love for science expand while helping him to overcome challenges and develop confidence and leadership skills. Each student is an essential part of the community as demonstrated through common time, lunch, buddy programs and the arts programs. The education a child receives is wholistic encompassing academics, values and personal growth throughout the school day and curriculum. Every teacher and administrator is compassionate and eager to teach. They have taken the time to become familiar with my son, our goals and our family. It has been a wonderful opportunity to be part of this community. Private school is an investment in your child's future. This has been my wisest investment yet.
- Posted by Parent - eliza
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.