Adventure Kids, Inc. dba Northwest Child Development Center
5.00 (3 reviews)
You will find that our center is warm and welcoming where everyone feels 'at home'. By providing a positive environment children thrive and reach their full potential.
Exploration and fascinating learning! We scaffold from the children's interest to promote on growing learning situations.
- Give Your Child the Very Best! Nationally accredited (NAEYC), highlyeducational program serving ages Infant/Toddlers (6 weeks) to 6 years.
- Curriculum & Assessment programs used areTeaching StrategiesGOLD and the "familyself-assessment tool "Ages and Stages" (ASQ-3).
- Children are assessed 4 times ayear (2 formal and 2 informal). Can individualize curriculum for each child.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences; Speech|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$200|
|Tuition Notes||Variable Tuition Rates depending on the program selected. $200 per week per full time PS child. $275 infant/toddler|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jenn Allain|
|Admissions Associate||Vicki Rhoades|
- Educational Program
- State of the Art Facilities & Playground
- Staff/Child Ratios: Preschool: 1 to 10; Infant 2:7;Toddler: 2 to 9.
- 2 snacks provided daily
- Formal Evaluation of Children's Progress (4 times per year)
- Individualized Classrooms based on ages of the children and development level
- Health, dental, vision, hearing screenings using outside agencies
- Individual & Class Photos
- Teaching StrategiesGOLD (also used by the Leominster school district)
- ASQ-3: "Ages and Stages" Family assessment of child
- Scholastic Book Club
- Ability to meet individual child's needs based onassessments.
- Field Trips
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FitchburgGrades: PK-8 | 158 students
120 Prospect St
Fitchburg, MA 01420
LeominsterGrades: NS-PK | 95 students
680 Mechanic Street
Leominster, MA 01453
I am a 22 year old that will never forget NWCDC! I started there when I was 4 until age 6 and still fondly remember my time there. I was reading at a second grade level when I got I to kindergarten due to the fantastic curriculum. I also knew sign language and basic writing.I'm sure things have changed, but I'm so glad my mom sent me there!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Desti
My son is so happy coming here, and I love to see how happy he is coming here too. He is learning so much and making friends which is letting his socialization skills sky-rocket. I definitely would recommend NCDC to any one of my friends and family!
- Posted by Parent - sandy
Our kids love it here! They feel very comfortable and we are really happy with the activities that are offered. The staff do a really great job with the kids.
- Posted by Parent - harry
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?