- Top Ranked VT School
- Grades: 7-12
- Students: 339 students
- Yearly Tuition: $17,998
- Average class size: 13 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Environmental Club, Gay/Straight Alliance (GSA), Outdoor Program, Robotics Program
Arts and Music Programs:
Choral Music, Culinary Arts, Design Technology, Drama Program, Instrumental Music, Visual Arts
- Thetford Academy is situated on nearly 300 acres of woodlands and fields, and is contiguous to the nearly 200 acre Thetford Hill State Park, which the school manages through a special agreement with the State of Vermont.
- The school boasts small classes, nurturing teachers, supportive parents, a hands-on curriculum, honors offerings in all disciplines, robust electives, a strong fine arts program, an outdoor education program, and a path to taking Dartmouth College courses while still in high school.
- An open admissions policy fosters diversity in the student population, and as a result, the student body exhibits a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds and aspirations.
- TA students benefit from the best traditions of small schools: individualized attention, respect for diversity, a strongly cooperative spirit, and multiple opportunities for leadership, activities, and service.
- Thetford Academy is a community of learners. We challenge all members of the school community to reach their highest potential. We value initiative, courage and dedication. We provide individuals with personalized support and guidance. We care about each other and about the larger community.
Endorse Thetford Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards