Turtle Island Children's Center
- Turtle Island was founded in 1982 with the aim of bringing respectful, high quality care and education to the Central Vermont community.
- Turtle Island is a non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors.
- Turtle Island strives to make this early educational experience exciting and engaging for all children through a play based Emergent curriculum.
- This is a philosophy that builds upon the interests of children, where topics are captured from the talk of children and their curiosity.
- Children learn best when they are happy and can relate to the material.
- Our teacher's are dedicated professionals who engage in ongoing professional development.
- The relationships that they forge with children are strong, often enduring well beyond the walls of Turtle Island.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$10,000-13,000 full year infant, toddler and PK program|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Meg Baird|
- There is much to see and experience at Turtle Island Children's Center. Please contact us and come for a visit!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.