Turtle Island Children's Center
- Turtle Island was founded in 1982 with the aim of bringing respectful, high quality care and education to the Central Vermont community.
- Turtle Island is a non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors.
- Turtle Island strives to make this early educational experience exciting and engaging for all children through a play based Emergent curriculum.
- This is a philosophy that builds upon the interests of children, where topics are captured from the talk of children and their curiosity.
- Children learn best when they are happy and can relate to the material.
- Our teacher's are dedicated professionals who engage in ongoing professional development.
- The relationships that they forge with children are strong, often enduring well beyond the walls of Turtle Island.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$10,000-13,000 full year infant, toddler and PK program|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Meg Baird|
- There is much to see and experience at Turtle Island Children's Center. Please contact us and come for a visit!
- People that viewed Turtle Island Children's Center also viewed these schools: Websterville Baptist Christian School.
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.