Pinecrest School is committed to providing an atmosphere that bolsters self-confidence and equips its students with the cognitive skills necessary to undertake and succeed in rigorous academic pursuits throughout their lives.
It strives to reinforce basic values such as honesty, integrity, respect for others, and an appreciation for diversity.
Involving families in the Pinecrest educational experience, low student-teacher ratios, caring and committed teachers, and a cohesive school community combine with a challenging, hands-on educational program to foster the development in students of high self-esteem, independence, and responsibility. Our ability to meet the individual needs of children enables each student to grow academically, socially, and emotionally at his or her own pace within a nurturing and supportive educational environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2016-17 Preschool Tuition: $6750/year // 2016-17 K-6 Tuition: $14850/year // before- & after-care fees additional|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Associate||Ms. Trisha Serven|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||K-Kids (elementary school branch of Kiwanis International) K-Kids (elementary school branch of Kiwanis International),
- Awarded "Best Private Elementary School" and "Best Private Preschool School" (2015), "Best Preschool" (2014) and "Best Summer Day Camp" (2013) in Washington Family Magazine Readers' Surveys.
- Foreign language (Spanish), music, physical education, computer, art and library classes are offered to students during the regular school day.
- Before-care starting at 7:30 a.m. is available to students in preschool - grade 6.
- After-care until 6 p.m. is available to students in preschool - grade 6.
- The campus includes two school buildings.
- The upper school building, opened in 2004, includes an arts/science lab, a computer lab, and a multipurpose assembly and indoor recreation space.
- A modern, new lower school building is scheduled to open in Fall 2016.
- Pinecrest Summer Pavilion summer camp program is available to rising K-6 students in morning, afternoon, or full-day sessions (with optional before-care starting at 7:45 a.m. and after-care until 6 p.m); it is available to 4-year-old preschoolers in morning-only sessions (no after-care); creative, themed classes available for all ages.
- After-school enrichment activities offered in fall, winter, and spring sessions.
- Pinecrest School is fully accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges & Schools (SACS)/AdvancED.
Profile last updated: 02/12/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fairfax StationGrades: PK-12 | 225 students
6401 Missionary Ln
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
MiddleburgGrades: PK-8 | 246 students
130 South Madison St
Middleburg, VA 20117
AnnandaleGrades: PK-4 | 140 students
4955 Sunset Ln
Annandale, VA 22003
AlexandriaGrades: PK-K | 39 students
6481 Little River Tpk
Alexandria, VA 22312
Silver SpringGrades: NS-3 | 180 students
10700 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20902