- Congressional School is a co-ed independent day school for infants to eighth graders in Falls Church, VA. Through academic and summer programs, students are encouraged to explore, engage, and embrace challenge in a diverse, inclusive community.
- Graduates develop confidence, a sense of ethics, leadership and collaboration skills, and the desire to question, collaborate, create, and lead.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||341 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Visit our website to view our tuition fee schedule.|
|Admissions Director||Gretchen Herbst|
|Admissions Associate||Jackie Rose|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Equestrian, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Climbing,
Cross Country, Equestrian,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Congressional Chorale, Model UN, Robotics, Volleyball Model UN, Robotics, Volleyball, Congressional Chorale,
- The mission of the Congressional School is to ignite the spark in young learners to become great thinkers and leaders who will positively impact our world. We seek to provide provide an inspirational and challenging student-centered educational experience within our diverse and supportive community where children question, collaborate, create, and lead. We seek to provide a safe and stimulating environment in which children can develop academically, physically, creatively, socially, and emotionally; foster a climate which emphasizes traditional values of citizenship, service, personal responsibility, self-discipline, and respect and compassion for others; challenge students with an accelerated, interactive, and age-appropriate curriculum; provide supporting educational materials and integrate technology throughout the curriculum; maintain a structure and philosophy which assures attention to the unique needs of each child; attract and retain outstanding teachers who actively pursue on-going professional development; sustain a partnership between school and home in the education of the children; encourage all parents to play an active role in the life of the schools; take advantage of the many opportunities afforded by the diverse character of the Schools and of the surrounding metropolitan area; and acknowledge each child's special gifts and contributions.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AnnandaleGrades: NS-8 | 271 students
3819 Gallows Road
Annandale, VA 22003
AlexandriaGrades: NS-8 | 211 students
5917 Telegraph Rd
Alexandria, VA 22310
AlexandriaGrades: PK-8 | 275 students
3700 Burgundy Road
Alexandria, VA 22303
Mc LeanGrades: K-12 | 1039 students
1301 Potomac School Rd
Mc Lean, VA 22101
WarrentonGrades: PK-12 | 467 students
597 Broadview Ave
Warrenton, VA 20186
My child has been enrolled at Congressional School from the age of three months and I can't imagine a better experience. The faculty is so nurturing, the facilities combine a quiet-campus setting with state-of-the art tools to offer everything a child needs to grow and develop, and the campus feels every bit as safe and secure as one's own home. But most importantly, my child comes home happy every day and always eager to go back tomorrow ... perhaps the most meaningful endorsement of all. So if you're looking for a top school and an unbeatable location, you should definitely put Congressional School at the top of your list.
- Posted by Parent - dfuqua
Congressional School is an amazing school. We have 3 children enrolled. We had our choice of many private schools in Northern Virginia and this was our first choice. The academics, teachers, and extracurricular offerings are all fantastic. In addition, the families are down to earth and vested in the success of the school and their children. Highly recommend!
- Posted by Parent - Paul K
I am a parent of a middle school student who has attended Congressional since pre-school. I have been thrilled with the caring attitude of the teachers and administration throughout. There are a number of exceptional teachers, and I cannot be more pleased with how our child has done academically, which has included very good results in standardized tests and national academic contests.
- Posted by Parent - kathl
Congressional School is an exceptional school. I can tell you a lot about their strong record of academic excellence and their curriculum, but there`s more to this school than just that. What`s most important to me is that my two girls are always excited in the mornings when they arrive at school and are always smiling when I pick them up. It`s a very dad-friendly school too, and the teachers and extended hours staff are very helpful in keeping me straight since I`m the one who drops off and picks up every day. My children have learned so much over the last 8 years, and their good grades and high scores on standardized testing reflect the quality of their education. Congressional is just such a great community for both kids and parents with lots of family-oriented events throughout the school year. Congressional also provides me and my family with a great sense of security knowing they take entry, exit, and child sign-out very seriously. Did I mention the 40 acres of land, the creek running through the campus, the horses, the huge pool, the climbing wall, the woods, and the awesome summer camps? Arrange a visit and see for yourself why Congressional School is exceptional.
- Posted by Parent - rgiar
I'm a current parent of a middle school student at Congressional who has attended since kindergarten. We have had a great experience at Congressional. The environment is friendly and caring. The curriculum is challenging and flexible. Many times it is driven by the interests of the students. The faculty is top notch.
- Posted by Parent - kmbai