Let St. Mary's Ryken High School know that you are interested in learning about their school. Provide your information below to request this school's viewbook and application. Your request will typically be processed within 24 hours. If you have more specific questions for this school, please use our Email Schools form instead.
Notes for Prospective Students
- Complete the online admissions application.
- Submit an essay -- Write an essay introducing yourself to the admissions committee. Make sure to highlight at least three qualities you consider to be your best attributes.Send the essay as an email attachment to the Admissions Office.
- Take the High School Placement Test (HSPT). If you attend a Catholic elementary school in the Archdiocese of Washington, you will take the test at your school. If you attend a public or private school, you must register to take the test at St. Mary's Ryken. If you are a transfer student, you are not required to take the test; instead, you will be required to complete an interview.
- Submit an unofficial transcript and two teacher recommendations from your current school. If you attend a Catholic elementary school in the Archdiocese of Washington, you will be given an Archdiocesan Choice Form (usually in November). Complete the form and return it to your elementary school. By selecting St. Mary's Ryken on this form, your school records, test scores and teacher recommendations will be sent to St. Mary's Ryken for you.The unofficial transcript must include grades and test information from the previous two years.
- Note to all applicants: an admissions interview may be required and the school that you currently attend may be contacted for references.