Grades: K-12 | 248 students
- Restoration Academy was started in 1988 by Dr. Anthony Gordon.
- He founded the school in response to divisive forces such as crime & violence that had ensnared many of the young people at his church and in his community.
- He followed God's calling to provide a quality, private education to predominantly lower-income families. He believed that such an education should be available to more than affluent families.
- Restoration Academy exists as a compilation of families, faculty, communities, and churches.
- At the core of our school is the Restoration Academy student.
- The goal of the school is to meet the academic, spiritual, and social needs of each student at in our school in a Christ-centered environment.
- We believe that the school has been called to a unique educational mission to meet the needs of a predominantly urban and at-risk* student body.
- We are also called to minister and meet the unique aspects of the Restoration Academy learner.
- Outlined below are the core beliefs of the school in regards to our view of our students. In addition, some of the practices we utilize in meeting the various aspects of the Restoration Academy learner are outlined as well.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BirminghamGrades: K-12 | 191 students
1900 43rd St W
Birmingham, AL 35208
BessemerGrades: PK-12 | 354 students
1705 4th Ave Sw
Bessemer, AL 35022
BirminghamGrades: PK-8 | 195 students
630 1st St S
Birmingham, AL 35205
GardendaleGrades: PK-12 | 376 students
2649 Decatur Hwy
Gardendale, AL 35071
BirminghamGrades: K-9 | 83 students
829 Mcmillon Ave Sw
Birmingham, AL 35211
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.