Top Alabama Private Schools
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 469 top private schools in Alabama, serving 88,223 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,572 for elementary schools and $7,623 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 90% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 21% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
Pinnacle Private Academy Photo - Pinnacle Private Academy is staffed with State Certified and Highly Qualified teachers in the classroom and on line. Each student's education plan is individualized to meet his or her needs. Individualized work stations are provided for each student as well.
Premier School Of Research Park Photo - Premier Preschool providing educational excellence in an accredited and licensed environment.
Highlands School Photo - Visit www.60moreyears.highlandsschool.org for a glimpse into the NEXT 60 years of progressive, student-centered learning!
Marshall Christian Academy Photo - MCA collected over 145 shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. These shoeboxes were sent to children all over the world at Christmas.
St Bernard Preparatory School Photo - Since 1891, the relationships our alumni start at St. Bernard last a lifetime!
Top Alabama Private Schools by County (2018-19)
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 7 Schools1,581 Students5% Minority
- 16 Schools2,854 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools499 Students6% Minority
- 3 Schools445 Students7% Minority
- 2 Schools161 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools106 Students50% Minority
- 2 Schools540 Students2% Minority
- 9 Schools1,418 Students18% Minority
- 4 Schools528 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools200 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools610 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools541 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools235 Students4% Minority
- 3 Schools380 Students30% Minority
- 3 Schools285 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools246 Students3% Minority
- 2 Schools110 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools238 Students- Minority
- 6 Schools747 Students15% Minority
- 3 Schools202 Students23% Minority
- 7 Schools1,151 Students71% Minority
- 2 Schools364 Students3% Minority
- 5 Schools705 Students13% Minority
- 3 Schools396 Students26% Minority
- 8 Schools1,295 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools41 Students56% Minority
- 2 Schools253 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools225 Students6% Minority
- 11 Schools2,975 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools261 Students29% Minority
- 107 Schools16,096 Students41% Minority
- 9 Schools1,605 Students9% Minority
- 6 Schools1,848 Students10% Minority
- 5 Schools777 Students9% Minority
- 1 Schools239 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools143 Students83% Minority
- 53 Schools9,892 Students32% Minority
- 2 Schools356 Students3% Minority
- 1 Schools47 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools229 Students1% Minority
- 59 Schools15,831 Students21% Minority
- 1 Schools496 Students- Minority
- 39 Schools7,475 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools738 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools197 Students21% Minority
- 1 Schools281 Students1% Minority
- 4 Schools685 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools112 Students16% Minority
- 5 Schools283 Students46% Minority
- 5 Schools709 Students4% Minority
- 20 Schools3,619 Students20% Minority
- 3 Schools338 Students22% Minority
- 2 Schools201 Students43% Minority
- 4 Schools218 Students15% Minority
- 8 Schools2,896 Students11% Minority
- 4 Schools461 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools267 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students- Minority
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.