Alabama Private Schools
- There are 451 private schools in Alabama, serving 83,883 students.
- The average private school tuition is $6,341 for elementary schools and $7,587 for high schools (view national tuition averages).
- The average acceptance rate is 90% (view national acceptance rates).
- Minority enrollment is 22% and the student:teacher ratio is 12:1.
MISSION STATEMENT The mission of Whitesburg Christian Academy is to assist Christian parents by providing students an academically excellent and Christ-centered education for life-long service to Christ.
Students feel confident talking to teachers after class - or anytime - and they take that confidence on to college. Teachers, in turn, feel very much a part of each student's success.
In a competition between professional artists and area public schools, our students' collaborative collage was chosen for the 2010 Spring Fever Chase posters and race tee shirts.
Alabama Private Schools by County
- County# Schools# Students% Minority
- 7 Schools1,587 Students8% Minority
- 16 Schools2,880 Students30% Minority
- 3 Schools540 Students17% Minority
- 3 Schools381 Students8% Minority
- 2 Schools75 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools119 Students21% Minority
- 2 Schools505 Students- Minority
- 9 Schools1,346 Students17% Minority
- 4 Schools522 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools200 Students2% Minority
- 2 Schools593 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools512 Students1% Minority
- 2 Schools299 Students7% Minority
- 3 Schools398 Students30% Minority
- 3 Schools285 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools246 Students5% Minority
- 2 Schools110 Students8% Minority
- 1 Schools292 Students1% Minority
- 6 Schools699 Students28% Minority
- 3 Schools210 Students10% Minority
- 6 Schools1,005 Students15% Minority
- 2 Schools297 Students1% Minority
- 5 Schools796 Students6% Minority
- 3 Schools479 Students27% Minority
- 8 Schools1,331 Students17% Minority
- 2 Schools38 Students49% Minority
- 1 Schools282 Students- Minority
- 1 Schools232 Students1% Minority
- 11 Schools3,024 Students13% Minority
- 4 Schools261 Students6% Minority
- 104 Schools16,069 Students37% Minority
- 8 Schools1,517 Students18% Minority
- 3 Schools1,030 Students1% Minority
- 4 Schools811 Students7% Minority
- 1 Schools239 Students1% Minority
- 3 Schools139 Students76% Minority
- 52 Schools9,623 Students28% Minority
- 2 Schools281 Students2% Minority
- 1 Schools47 Students4% Minority
- 1 Schools200 Students70% Minority
- 57 Schools14,863 Students22% Minority
- 1 Schools496 Students- Minority
- 35 Schools7,576 Students22% Minority
- 4 Schools734 Students14% Minority
- 2 Schools201 Students25% Minority
- 1 Schools351 Students- Minority
- 4 Schools725 Students21% Minority
- 1 Schools112 Students18% Minority
- 7 Schools740 Students26% Minority
- 5 Schools572 Students7% Minority
- 17 Schools3,524 Students13% Minority
- 3 Schools344 Students35% Minority
- 2 Schools244 Students19% Minority
- 4 Schools218 Students8% Minority
- 7 Schools2,785 Students8% Minority
- 4 Schools542 Students6% Minority
- 1 Schools309 Students1% Minority
- 1 Schools45 Students- Minority
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 22, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 22, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.