Top Alabama Schools By Membership Association
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 44 top school membership associations in Alabama, serving 287 private schools (62% of all schools) and 66,781 students.
- The most popular school membership associations are Other school association(s) (20% of schools), Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) (17% of schools) and Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS) (16% of schools).
Kelly Skelton Photo - What is the power of Faith? It's parents trusting that their children will receive an excellent education in a wholesome, positive environment. It's young people believing in their abilities and gaining the confidence to move forward into the future. And it's the unwavering commitment of our administrators, teachers, and coaches to each student's success.
St Bernard Preparatory School Photo - Since 1891, the relationships our alumni start at St. Bernard last a lifetime!
St. Luke's Episcopal School Photo - St. Luke's seniors parade the campus one last time before their commencement ceremony.
Hilltop Montessori School Photo - Sitting on over 7 acres, in the Town of MT Laurel, Hilltop Montessori School is accredited by AdvancED, SAIS, AMS and NPSCA.
Highlands School Photo - Visit www.60moreyears.highlandsschool.org for a glimpse into the NEXT 60 years of progressive, student-centered learning!
Top Alabama Private Schools by Membership Association (2019-20)
- Membership Association# Schools# Students% Minority
- 18 Schools1,166 Students27.06% Minority
- 29 Schools9,216 Students10.85% Minority
- 11 Schools7,102 Students9.80% Minority
- 45 Schools5,109 Students21.12% Minority
- 7 Schools942 Students27.39% Minority
- 49 Schools14,069 Students27.06% Minority
- 8 Schools1,041 Students23.21% Minority
- 7 Schools2,665 Students17.73% Minority
- 2 Schools163 Students13.50% Minority
- 1 Schools143 Students9.38% Minority
- 3 Schools982 Students20.14% Minority
- 1 Schools25 Students- Minority
- 2 Schools83 Students80.33% Minority
- 1 Schools532 Students1.97% Minority
- 1 Schools1,348 Students10.01% Minority
- 3 Schools243 Students49.69% Minority
- 8 Schools688 Students90.69% Minority
- 1 Schools347 Students24.42% Minority
- 1 Schools535 Students98.41% Minority
- 1 Schools145 Students50.00% Minority
- 1 Schools172 Students15.58% Minority
- 7 Schools973 Students21.17% Minority
- 2 Schools1,246 Students9.19% Minority
- 7 Schools2,617 Students10.50% Minority
- 19 Schools8,704 Students11.49% Minority
- 36 Schools10,770 Students28.21% Minority
- 8 Schools4,151 Students8.74% Minority
- 4 Schools626 Students4.43% Minority
- 3 Schools656 Students11.59% Minority
- 2 Schools500 Students22.98% Minority
- 1 Schools34 Students4.55% Minority
- 4 Schools493 Students60.00% Minority
- 2 Schools137 Students95.65% Minority
- 23 Schools3,742 Students27.76% Minority
- 58 Schools11,688 Students13.83% Minority
- 9 Schools3,095 Students25.11% Minority
- 2 Schools108 Students30.95% Minority
- 47 Schools20,020 Students15.32% Minority
- 8 Schools4,053 Students5.47% Minority
- 13 Schools3,064 Students23.79% Minority
- 26 Schools7,418 Students12.52% Minority
- 2 Schools521 Students18.72% Minority
- 1 Schools77 Students2.94% Minority
- 1 Schools143 Students9.38% Minority
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.