Mobile Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The mission of Mobile Christian School is to provide a college preparatory education in a Christ centered community which equips our students with the desire and ability to serve God, family, and fellow man.
- Mobile Christian School is accredited by AdvancEd, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and the National Christian School Association (NCSA). The school is also a member of the Mobile Area of Christian Schools (MACS).
- Mobile Christian School is operated by an independent board of trustees, all of whom are members of the local churches of Christ. The school is funded by tuition and freewill donations.
- Mobile Christian School does not discriminate in any way in its admission policies with regard to sex, race, creed, or national origin.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Christian School Association (NCSA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||631 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, Dual Enrollment English|
|Average ACT score||21|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,640|
|Admissions Director||Allie Ratcliff|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Beginning Band, Chorus, Concert Band, Fellowship for Christian Standards, Jazz Band, Junior Fellowship for Christian Standards, Junior National Honor Society, Junior Student Government Association, Marching Band, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honors Society, Robotics Team, Service Club, Student Government Association, Yearbook Staff|
- Mobile Christian School is operated by an independent board of trustees, all of whom are members of the local churches of Christ. The school is funded by tuition and freewill donations. Founded in 1961, MCS is a state-approved institution utilizing curriculum approved by the Alabama State Board of Education and providing a full academic program as required by the board for graduation from high school in the State of Alabama. Mobile Christian School is accredited by AdvancEd, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and the National Christian Schools Association (NCSA). The school is also a member of the Mobile Area Christian Christian School (MACS). The mission of Mobile Christian School is to provide a quality education in a Christian environment which develops the entire person and produces young people with both the desire and ability to serve God, family, and fellow man. Mobile Christian School does not discriminate in any way in its admission policies with regard to sex, race, creed, or national origin.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mobile Grades: PK-8 | 196 students
1501 Knollwood Dr
Mobile, AL 36609
(251)661-1987 1 PK-8
We are thrilled with Mobile Christian School and all that it offers. Our son loves going to school there. He is learning new things everyday. The curriculum is spot on! He has the opportunity to participate in a vast number of extracurricular activities and programs. The staff are genuinely concerned for their students and put forth more effort than I''ve ever witnessed. I love hearing my son pray every day. I also love the fact that the students say the pledge of allegiance every day. We are about to enroll our oldest daughter into their k3 program. She is very excited about attending Mobile Christian School with her brother. This school is fantastic!
- Posted by Parent - krist
I taught in public schools for years before coming to Mobile Christian. Deciding to teach at MCS was the best life choice I have ever made. While the pay is not as much as it would be in public schools, the work conditions more than make up for that. We have caring administrators who share the mission of "educating for eternity." They listen to us and support us. They are always looking for ways to better our school. The staff that I work with are some of the most innovative people I've ever been around. They think outside of the box and encourage the students to do the same. Many of us can be found on campus from 7:00am-9:00pm because we support the activities on our campus. Because we are a K-12 school, there is always an event taking place. MCS is not for everyone, but it is for the person looking for a place to belong, be loved, and be educated. I LOVE MCS!
- Posted by Teacher - lorie
Moving my two girls from public school to Mobile Christian was one of the best decisions I ever made. They were immediately challenged and had concerned teachers who helped them before and after school. Both girls played high school sports and participated in several clubs. They both graduated with honors and received scholarships to 4-year colleges. One now has her doctorate and the other has two Master's Degrees. Mobile Christian definitely prepared them for college and for life. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the Mobile area.
- Posted by Parent - grann
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.