Cottage Hill Christian Academy
- Cottage Hill Christian Academy is a Christian, co-educational college preparatory school located in Mobile, Alabama, that offers a superior educational opportunity for students in grades pre-kindergarten through grade twelve.
- Through small classes and a Christian faculty, it is believed that the best possible mental, spiritual, and emotional development can be achieved.
- It is our aim to produce secure and successful Christian young people in a Christ-like atmosphere of personal joy and positive achievement.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Christian School Association (NCSA)
Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (SBACS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||726 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,390|
|Tuition Notes||5390.00 K2 - K5 5500.00 1st - 5th 5830.00 6th - 8th 6930.00 9th - 12th|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Newton|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art League, Concert Band, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Junior National Honor Society, Key Club, Marching Band, Math Team, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Praise Team, Robotics Team, Running Club, Scholar's Bowl, Science Club, Science Olympiad, Spanish Club, Student Government Association, Young Women of Virtue|
- Cottage Hill Christian Academy is a Christian, co-educational college preparatory school that offers a superior educational opportunity for students in grades pre-kindergarten through twelve. A ministry of Cottage Hill Baptist Church, the school was established in 1961, and is recognized as the oldest evangelical school in the state of Alabama. God has established Cottage Hill Christian Academy for the purpose of impacting lives for eternity through biblically-based and Christ-centered education.
- Cottage Hill Christian Academy offers a safe, nurturing environment where our students realize their God-given potential with which to impact the world. It is a place for teachers to influence future generations who learn from their Christ-like models; a place that serves as a powerful academic partner for parents; a place that cultivates our community`s future leaders those who know and exercise their spiritual gifts to further the Kingdom of God.
- CHCA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Accreditation and Blue Ribbon status have been earned with the Alabama Independent School Association (AISA). Our school is a member of the Southern Association of Christian Schools (SBACS) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- The CHCA Church Campus (grades K2-8), provides core studies in Language Arts, Math, Bible, Science, Social Studies, and Phonics-based Reading. It also offers instruction in Art, Music, Foreign Language, Library, Technology, and Physical Conditioning. In grades 6th 8th, students have the opportunity to take elective classes such as Drama, Concert Band, Art, Computer, Yearbook, Worship Arts, and more. Eighth grade students also have the opportunity to be a member of the high school marching band.Our students participate in many scholastic competitions including the Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, Oratorical Contest, Science Olympiad, Scholars Bowl, Math Contests, and Robotics.Musical lessons are offered through our Conservatory of Music. Enrichment, Speech and Hearing services, and Before/After School Care are also offered through CHCA.
- The CHCA West Campus (grades 9 12), offers two diploma options for graduation: the Honors Diploma and College-prep Diploma. Both require 28 units of academic work. Courses are offered at Advanced Placement, Honors, and College-prep levels to prepare students for success in college.Core studies are provided in Math, Science, History, English, and Bible. Advanced Placement courses are offered in English Literature, Calculus AB, and Spanish IV. Elective courses are offered in Foreign Language, Physical Conditioning, Health Education, Computer Applications, Art, ACT Prep, Accounting, Family Consumer Studies, Piano, Music Appreciation, and Yearbook. Additionally there are opportunities for students to be selected for Marching Band, Praise Band, and Life Ensemble.Standardized tests are administered in 9th through 11th grades. More than half of CHCA graduating classes have had National Merit Commended Scholars or National Merit Finalists.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cottage Hill is a great place to work. My co-workers demonstrate servant leadership on a daily basis. Because we're a small school, we have to depend on each other and wear many different hats. We're a team and get the job done! The students are fantastic. Easily the best part of the job. They're caring, thoughtful, funny, and smart. It is a pleasure to be in the classroom. Since I spend little time on classroom management, I can spend the vast majority of my time actually teaching. It is a great and godly atmosphere to send your kids.
- Posted by Teacher - A.
From the first second my husband and I walked on the campus of CHCA we felt this overwhelming sense of it just feeling "right" and where we needed to be. Our daughter started kindergarten at CHCA this year and we couldn't be happier. The teachers, staff and students have all been so kind, loving and helpful. I have never in my life seen a school campus that has such loving staff and students. They teach children to do the right thing and how to be the best version of themselves. They are very big on personal responsibility, too. I love this place and I cannot recommend it enough. If i weren't afraid of heights I would shout it from the rooftop.
- Posted by Parent - Brandi N.
I attended Cottage Hill for 14 years, from K4- 12th grade. If I could have attended CHCA for college, I would have. I made lifetime friendships with students, teachers and faculty. I consider myself blessed that my parents made it possible for me to attend Cottage Hill and I would recommend it to everyone looking for a school for their children to attend.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jami
We have been involved with CHCA for over 30 years. First as a student and now as parents, we couldn't be happier with the quality of Christian education our children have received.
- Posted by Parent - Denny
My family has been a part of CHCA for the last 10 years. We feel very blessed that our children attend a school that challenges them to do their best in academics, and in their Christian faith. We believe our investment in our children's education is a stepping stone to a successful journey in life and CHCA has been a strong, committed partner that strives to bring out the best in every student.
- Posted by Parent - diane
We moved here before my son's 9th grade year. The teachers and staff are very compassionate and genuinely interested in your child. It is small, but because of that, it has a small student to teacher ratio. I would recommend the school to anyone that might be considering a private christian school as an option.
- Posted by Parent - leebo
Eight years ago we were transferred to Mobile. We had a horrible time with our 1st grade daughter in the public school we are zoned for. The Lord brought us to Cottage Hill Christian School the week before Thanksgiving 2004. We have been thankful ever since. The school family opened their arms and hearts to my daughter and our family. I went on to serve 4 years on the Parent Teacher Fellowship board. I would do anything for CHCA! There is no other school I would send my child! God is present at Cottage Hill Christian Academy and it is evident as soon as you step on to either campus! God bless CHCA!!
- Posted by Parent - erica
My child has attended CHCA since 4K. Highly recommend. She has received a wonderful education in a Christian environment. She is more than ready for college and has received many scholarships.
- Posted by Parent - Janfj
Cottage Hill has been a great home for my kids. All staff are caring and attentive to the students. I value the extra curricular classes that are offered all the way down to K2. My daughter is 2 and this is her first experience outside of the home. My son is in kindergarten and has been here for 3 years.
- Posted by Parent - hchas
We are a new family to Cottage Hill this year, as an incoming middle school family. When we toured the school we knew this was where our daughter would attend. We have been pleased with the education she is receiving as well as the extracurricular activities and friends she has made.
- Posted by Parent - angel
My daughter has been at CHCA for 7 years and loves it. The teachers and staff are genuine and truly care about each student.
- Posted by Parent - Crist
As a former student, and now as a parent, I would highly recommend CHCA.
- Posted by Parent - baxle
We have been involved with CHCA for over eight years. It has been an incredible blessing for our family. Having Christ centered education was the only choice for us and we are very pleased. We have two children that a very different from one another and both their needs are completely met!
- Posted by Parent - Wgbou
We have 3 children currently enrolled in CHCA and could not be happier with the level of academic education they are getting and even more importantly, the level of biblical education they are getting. CHCA gives my children the foundation they will need to become productive Christian citizens in their future lives. We could not be happier.
- Posted by Parent - cconk
What a blessing CHCA has been to my family. My two children were so well prepared for college after attending CHCA from K through high school. Now I am blessed again to have 2 grandchildren at CHCA.
- Posted by Parent - ndala