Cottage Hill Christian Academy
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
- Cottage Hill Christian Academy is a Christian, co-educational college preparatory school that offers a superior educational opportunity for students in grades pre-kindergarten through twelve. A ministry of Cottage Hill Baptist Church, the school was established in 1961, and is recognized as the oldest evangelical school in the state of Alabama. God has established Cottage Hill Christian Academy for the purpose of impacting lives for eternity through biblically-based and Christ-centered education.
- Cottage Hill Christian Academy offers a safe, nurturing environment where our students realize their God-given potential with which to impact the world. It is a place for teachers to influence future generations who learn from their Christ-like models; a place that serves as a powerful academic partner for parents; a place that cultivates our community`s future leaders those who know and exercise their spiritual gifts to further the Kingdom of God.
- CHCA is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Accreditation and Blue Ribbon status have been earned with the Alabama Independent School Association (AISA). Our school is a member of the Southern Association of Christian Schools (SBACS) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- The CHCA Church Campus (grades K2-8), provides core studies in Language Arts, Math, Bible, Science, Social Studies, and Phonics-based Reading. It also offers instruction in Art, Music, Foreign Language, Library, Technology, and Physical Conditioning. In grades 6th 8th, students have the opportunity to take elective classes such as Drama, Concert Band, Art, Computer, Yearbook, Worship Arts, and more. Eighth grade students also have the opportunity to be a member of the high school marching band.Our students participate in many scholastic competitions including the Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, Oratorical Contest, Science Olympiad, Scholars Bowl, Math Contests, and Robotics.Musical lessons are offered through our Conservatory of Music. Enrichment, Speech and Hearing services, and Before/After School Care are also offered through CHCA.
- The CHCA West Campus (grades 9 12), offers two diploma options for graduation: the Honors Diploma and College-prep Diploma. Both require 28 units of academic work. Courses are offered at Advanced Placement, Honors, and College-prep levels to prepare students for success in college.Core studies are provided in Math, Science, History, English, and Bible. Advanced Placement courses are offered in English Literature, Calculus AB, and Spanish IV. Elective courses are offered in Foreign Language, Physical Conditioning, Health Education, Computer Applications, Art, ACT Prep, Accounting, Family Consumer Studies, Piano, Music Appreciation, and Yearbook. Additionally there are opportunities for students to be selected for Marching Band, Praise Band, and Life Ensemble.Standardized tests are administered in 9th through 11th grades. More than half of CHCA graduating classes have had National Merit Commended Scholars or National Merit Finalists.
Endorse Cottage Hill Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards