St. Luke's Episcopal School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (251) 666-2991
St. Luke's Episcopal School Photo #2 - St. Luke's seniors parade the campus one last time before their commencement ceremony.
- St. Luke's Episcopal School is a college preparatory co-educational school committed to academic excellence.
- Since its founding, St. Luke's has provided a challenging curriculum built within the context of a caring Christian community.
- Our rigorous academic program is balanced by the recognition that students may excel and learn in many areas, whether it is in the classroom, the art studio, on a stage, or on the athletic field. We offer grades K2 - 12th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||741 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||67 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Langauge, AP English Literature, AP Government and Economics, AP U.S. History, University of Alabama Dual Enrollment Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,500|
|Tuition Notes||Graduated tuition from K2 thru 12th grade ranges from $2900 to $9800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Anita Roberson|
|Admissions Associate||Hilary DeArmon|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Two campuses totally over 42 acres
- Dual accreditation by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Southern Association of Independent Schools
- Between 2006 and 2010 student enrollment has increased 52%
- St. Luke's offers the area's only Biomedical Science Program
- On average, 50% of 7th Graders qualified for the Duke University Talent Identification Program
- Most comprehensive athletic program in the city (grades K3-12)
- Hands-on Math and Science Lab for Kindergarten through 5th Grade
- K3, K4, and K5 programs with academic emphasis - far beyond a daycare or playschool curriculum
- Art. Music, Computer, and Foreign Language instruction from specialized teachers beginning in Early Childhood and throughout Lower School
- State of the art Middle and Upper School Chemistry and Biology Labs
- Chapel program for all students
- Middle School trips to Tremont, Key West, and Washington DC
- Latin Instruction grades 3-12
- Robotics program
- Regional Science Olympiad Competition for grades 4, 5 and 6 ( finished FIRST 2011, 2012, 2013 and consistenly placed in top 5)
- 2 State Championships won in our first year of full varsity play (Golf and Baseball)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
We have been at St. Luke's for 11 years and love it. My children are challenged academically and athletically and are pushed to reach their potential by teachers who they know care about them. Great lessons being taught in the classroom, and the curriculum based field trips are phenomenal (especially the Middle School trips to the Great Smoky Mountains, Key West and Washington, D.C.). The sports program is unmatched (extra-curricular programs for grades K3-12) and we love the environment. I would highly recommend St. Luke's to anyone who wants their child to have the best!
- Posted by Parent - jpham
I highly recomemmend this school to anyone who is looking to have their child challenged in a great environment. The programs ( academic, athletic, and arts) are wonderful and the teachers are as concerned about each child's success as the parents are. Our entire family is involved at the school and we LOVE IT! They say it takes a village...we love the way this VILLAGE is working with us to help our children become strong, successful students, athletes and artists!
- Posted by Parent - jhamm
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?