St. Luke's Episcopal School
St. Luke's Episcopal School Photo #2 - St. Luke's seniors parade the campus one last time before their commencement ceremony.
St. Luke's Episcopal School is a college preparatory co-educational school committed to academic excellence.
Since its founding, St. Luke's has provided a challenging curriculum built within the context of a caring Christian community.
Our rigorous academic program is balanced by the recognition that students may excel and learn in many areas, whether it is in the classroom, the art studio, on a stage, or on the athletic field. We offer grades K2 - 12th grade.
- Top Ranked AL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 741 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,500
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 25%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English Langauge, AP English Literature, AP Government and Economics, AP U.S. History, University of Alabama Dual Enrollment Courses
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Graduated tuition from K2 thru 12th grade ranges from $2900 to $9800
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- Two campuses totally over 42 acres
- Dual accreditation by The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Southern Association of Independent Schools
- Between 2006 and 2010 student enrollment has increased 52%
- St. Luke's offers the area's only Biomedical Science Program
- On average, 50% of 7th Graders qualified for the Duke University Talent Identification Program
- Most comprehensive athletic program in the city (grades K3-12)
- Hands-on Math and Science Lab for Kindergarten through 5th Grade
- K3, K4, and K5 programs with academic emphasis - far beyond a daycare or playschool curriculum
- Art. Music, Computer, and Foreign Language instruction from specialized teachers beginning in Early Childhood and throughout Lower School
- State of the art Middle and Upper School Chemistry and Biology Labs
- Chapel program for all students
- Middle School trips to Tremont, Key West, and Washington DC
- Latin Instruction grades 3-12
- Robotics program
- Regional Science Olympiad Competition for grades 4, 5 and 6 ( finished FIRST 2011, 2012, 2013 and consistenly placed in top 5)
- 2 State Championships won in our first year of full varsity play (Golf and Baseball)
Profile last updated: 09/21/2021
We have been at St. Luke's for 11 years and love it. My children are challenged academically and athletically and are pushed to reach their potential by teachers who they know care about them. Great lessons being taught in the classroom, and the curriculum based field trips are phenomenal (especially the Middle School trips to the Great Smoky Mountains, Key West and Washington, D.C.). The sports program is unmatched (extra-curricular programs for grades K3-12) and we love the environment. I would highly recommend St. Luke's to anyone who wants their child to have the best!
I highly recomemmend this school to anyone who is looking to have their child challenged in a great environment. The programs ( academic, athletic, and arts) are wonderful and the teachers are as concerned about each child's success as the parents are. Our entire family is involved at the school and we LOVE IT! They say it takes a village...we love the way this VILLAGE is working with us to help our children become strong, successful students, athletes and artists!
Endorse St. Luke's Episcopal School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.