|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Northwest Association of Accredited Schools
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||331 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 12%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||IB Diploma Programme: Biology, IB Diploma Programme: Business and Economics, IB Diploma Programme: Chemistry, IB Diploma Programme: English, IB Diploma Programme: French, IB Diploma Programme: Math (Higher & Standard Level), IB Diploma Programme: Math Studies, IB Diploma Programme: Music, IB Diploma Programme: Physics, IB Diploma Programme: Spanish, IB Diploma Programme: Theatre Arts, IB Diploma Programme: Theory of Knowledge, IB Diploma Programme: United States History, IB Diploma Programme: Visual Art, IB Diploma Programme: World Religions, International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme,|
|Average SAT score||2018|
|Average ACT score||29|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition and fees vary by grade level. Please see http://www.riverstoneschool.org/admissions/tuition-fees/|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rachel Pusch|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Taylor|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Snowboarding, Soccer, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir: Elementary School, Choir: Middle & High School, Contemporary Music Ensemble: Elementary School, Contemporary Music Ensemble: Middle School, Drama: Middle & High School, Middle & High School Drama, Model United Nations, National History Day, Rotating After-School Activities: Elementary & Middle School, Science Bowl: High School, Science Bowl: Middle School, Student Council: Elementary School, Student Council: High School, Student Council: Middle School Choir: Elementary School,
Choir: Middle & High School,
Contemporary Music Ensemble: Elementary School,
Contemporary Music Ensemble: Middle School,
Drama: Middle & High School,
Middle & High School Drama,
Model United Nations,
National History Day,
Rotating After-School Activities: Elementary & Middle School,
Science Bowl: High School,
Science Bowl: Middle School,
Student Council: Elementary School,
Student Council: High School,
Student Council: Middle School,
- Riverstone offers both day and residential programs. Day students: Preschool - grade 12; Residential: grades 9-12.
- Riverstone offers students and families small class sizes and a strong sense of community.
- Riverstone offers Malone Scholarships for motivated students with financial need entering grades 7+. Learn more details at www.riverstoneschool.org
- 100% of Riverstone graduates are accepted into colleges and universities, nationally and internationally.
- The average PSAT and SAT scores for Riverstone students exceed state and national average scores. Riverstone students meet or exceed international averages on the International Schools Assessment tests.
- College counseling begins in Grade 9 and provides individual attention to each student. Grade 11 students tour colleges in the Pacific Northwest as part of the college counseling program.
- Twenty six countries are represented within our student and staff.
- Outdoor activities/trips include rafting the Payette and Main Salmon rivers, as well as exploring Yellowstone National Park, and McCall Outdoor Science School. Starting in Grade 8, students backpack through the Sawtooth and White Cloud Mountains, Hells Canyon, Grand Gulch (UT), and along Sheep Creek. Winter activities include ice skating, nordic skiing, alpine skiing and snowboarding, snowshoeing, overnight yurt trips, and overnight snow cave trips.
- Optional summer travel opportunities are offered for students entering grade 8 and up (Washington, D.C. and Europe).
- Riverstone was recognized as the 2009 Governor's Brightest Star for Schools in recognition of our commitment to service to others.
- Before- and after-school care is available.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MeridianGrades: PK-12 | 747 students
200 E Carlton Ave
Meridian, ID 83642
BoiseGrades: PK-9 | 152 students
618 South 8th Street
Boise, ID 83702
SpokaneGrades: 8-12 | 900 students
1224 E Euclid Ave
Spokane, WA 99207
Salt Lake CityGrades: 9-12 | 726 students
650 South 1100 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Salt Lake CityGrades: NS-12 | 918 students
720 Guardsman Way and 843 S Lincoln Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84108