- Rockbridge Academy is a K-12 classical Christian school in the Annapolis area committed to the highest standards of Christian education using the classical method.
- Rockbridge Academy students are taught to be critical thinkers with a Christ-centered worldview. Our methodology emphasizes analytical thinking and mastery of the tools of learning instead of teaching to tests.
- In so doing we train our students to be life-long learners as we encourage them to glorify God in their hearts and lives and to seek after goodness, truth, and beauty.
- We believe this is a biblical approach to education, and God has richly blessed our teachers and students as they have labored diligently in these efforts.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||343 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||All Upper School classes are taught at the Honors level, College Calculus, College Chemistry, College Physics, Honors History, Honors Literature, Latin, Rhetoric,|
|Average SAT score||1938|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Varies by grade level)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Kindergarten Half Day $7,100 Kindergarten Full Day $9,120 - $11,030 Grades 1-6 $12,630 - $12,830 Grades 7-12 $13,930|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Julie Marsh|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, TennisBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Lacrosse,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Bi-annual Musical and Bi-annual Variety Show, Black Tie Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Finance Club, Grammar Choir - Rockbridge Academy Singers, Junior and Senior Soirees, Latin Certamen, Men's and Women's A-Cappella Singing Groups, Orchestra and Chamber Music, Philosophy Club, Recorder Club, Rising Senior Grand Tour - Annual class 17-day trip to Europe, Running Club, Science Olympiad, Swimming Club, Young Engineers and Scientists Club Black Tie Club, Finance Club, Latin Certamen, Recorder Club, Running Club, Swimming Club, Bi-annual Musical and Bi-annual Variety Show,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Grammar Choir - Rockbridge Academy Singers,
Junior and Senior Soirees,
Men's and Women's A-Cappella Singing Groups,
Orchestra and Chamber Music,
Rising Senior Grand Tour - Annual class 17-day trip to Europe,
Young Engineers and Scientists Club,
- Rockbridge Academy is a classical Christian school which utilizes a time-proven method of education based on the Trivium. Rockbridge Academy is committed to offering a service to parents who are seeking a truly excellent education for their children, taught from a distinctively Christian world view.
- Rockbridge Academy is centrally located near Rt.97 and Rt. 32 and is especially convenient for families driving from the Baltimore, Annapolis, Columbia, and Bowie areas.
- Rockbridge Academy seeks to individually challenge children at all levels and to teach them how to learn. Through a proven, centuries-old pattern of education called the Trivium, students are taught using specific methods which correlate to their natural, God-given developmental stages. All subjects are taught as parts of an integrated whole with Scripture at the center as students are encouraged to become "thinking Christians" and to develop a solid, Christ-centered worldview.
- Our graduates earned an average of $45,000 in college aid/scholarships each for their first year of college!
- The really important news is that in cooperation with the efforts of their parents and churches, graduates head off to college grounded in their faith and confident in applying Christian thinking to the world around them. They are poised young men and women of godly character who are prepared to stand for their faith in all situations.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SevernGrades: PK-12 | 908 students
109 Burns Crossing Road
Severn, MD 21144
OdentonGrades: PK-12 | 297 students
8410 Piney Orchard Pkwy
Odenton, MD 21113
HanoverGrades: NS-12 | 193 students
1321 Mercedes Drive, Suites Q-S
Hanover, MD 21076
CrownsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 643 students
680 Evergreen Road
Crownsville, MD 21032
GambrillsGrades: PK-8 | 807 students
2601 Symphony Lane
Gambrills, MD 21054
My family has been part of the Rockbridge Academy community for a dozen years. I can recommend the school without hesitation. What makes it so great? Lots of things, but I'll name a couple. First, the teachers. They are dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about their subjects and about their own Christian faith. They have, without exception, loved my kids by caring about them and challenging and encouraging them to strive for growth in godly character and instilling in them a love of learning. Another of the school's strengths is a challenging curriculum focusing, as mentioned above, on a love for learning. The curriculum follows the natural stages of development as a student matures from kindergarten through 12th grade. The challenges have exercised my kids' "learning muscles" in a good way, but not so much that it is overwhelming. (Note: administrators and teachers are happy to work with any students who are feeling overwhelmed to guide them through difficulties and make accommodations as appropriate.) Is Rockbridge perfect in every way? No. Of course not. What school is? But I'm thankful for the teachers and administrators who truly desire to honor Christ and serve the families in the pursuit of truth, beauty, and goodness.
- Posted by Parent - tajpc
Great education taught with a Christian worldview. I compared a lot of schools before selecting Rockbridge Academy and this was by far the best program for my children. Now graduated, my son is working on his Master's in Engineering; he was well prepared for higher education and the world.
- Posted by Parent - cindy
The academic program is excellent. I appreciate the emphasis put on teaching students how to process their thoughts logically and speak before an audience. The teachers are awesome and the administration is helpful.
- Posted by Parent - crbns