Grades: PK-5 | 267 students
- For more than 45 years, Rockford Lutheran has provided quality Christian education to students from Pre-School through Grade 12.
- Our student and family benefits include expansive academic and athletic programs and award-winning Fine Arts Programs.
- We are State Certified and have experienced faculty that provide children with a safe Christian learning environment.
- We are open to all faiths.
- Families from more than one hundred area churches currently entrust their children to our safe, secure and Christ-centered learning environment.
- We would like to partner with you to create a future that is right for your child.
- For a personal tour or more information, please call 815-877-9551.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Other Lutheran|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website for current tuition prices.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Sue Woolbright|
|Admissions Associate||Tina Hoffmann|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Ability Based Learning: Students are grouped according to academic evaluation and their curriculum will be adjusted in Reading, Math, and Language Arts to allow for individual success at grade level skills and beyond in grades 2 – 5. Kindergarten and 1st grade are ability based in reading.
- Stanford testing in grades K – 5. Student's average 2 - 3 grade levels above the national and state averages.
- Foreign Language – Spanish is taught at all grade levels in Pre School – 5.
- Fine Arts offered in: Art; Band; Computer; Drama; Orchestra; Physical Education
- Sports Teams - Various sports (co-ed soccer, cross country, football, volleyball, spirit squad, track and wrestling) are sponsored by Rockford Lutheran School in grade 5. Academy students may also participate on Lutheran teams promoted by local organizations; these are not school sponsored.
- Before/After School Day Care – Our academy has an exemplary Before / After Care program. Students are attended to from 6:30 A.M. – 7:45 A.M. for before care and from 3:15 P.M. – 5:30 P.M. for after care.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 811 students
3411 N Alpine Road
Rockford, IL 61114
RockfordGrades: K-8 | 82 students
811 Locust St
Rockford, IL 61101
RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 245 students
6284 Valley Knoll Dr
Rockford, IL 61109
RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 303 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.