Grades: PK-5 | 267 students
- For more than 45 years, Rockford Lutheran has provided quality Christian education to students from Pre-School through Grade 12.
- Our student and family benefits include expansive academic and athletic programs and award-winning Fine Arts Programs.
- We are State Certified and have experienced faculty that provide children with a safe Christian learning environment.
- We are open to all faiths.
- Families from more than one hundred area churches currently entrust their children to our safe, secure and Christ-centered learning environment.
- We would like to partner with you to create a future that is right for your child.
- For a personal tour or more information, please call 815-877-9551.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Other Lutheran|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit our website for current tuition prices.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Sue Woolbright|
|Admissions Associate||Tina Hoffmann|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Ability Based Learning: Students are grouped according to academic evaluation and their curriculum will be adjusted in Reading, Math, and Language Arts to allow for individual success at grade level skills and beyond in grades 2 – 5. Kindergarten and 1st grade are ability based in reading.
- Stanford testing in grades K – 5. Student's average 2 - 3 grade levels above the national and state averages.
- Foreign Language – Spanish is taught at all grade levels in Pre School – 5.
- Fine Arts offered in: Art; Band; Computer; Drama; Orchestra; Physical Education
- Sports Teams - Various sports (co-ed soccer, cross country, football, volleyball, spirit squad, track and wrestling) are sponsored by Rockford Lutheran School in grade 5. Academy students may also participate on Lutheran teams promoted by local organizations; these are not school sponsored.
- Before/After School Day Care – Our academy has an exemplary Before / After Care program. Students are attended to from 6:30 A.M. – 7:45 A.M. for before care and from 3:15 P.M. – 5:30 P.M. for after care.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 811 students
3411 N Alpine Road
Rockford, IL 61114
RockfordGrades: PK-8 | 245 students
6284 Valley Knoll Dr
Rockford, IL 61109
RockfordGrades: PK-12 | 303 students
1 Jacoby Pl
Rockford, IL 61107
RockfordGrades: K-8 | 82 students
811 Locust St
Rockford, IL 61101
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.