- Saint Joseph School is a K-8 Catholic educational community, which has served generations of families in Meriden and surrounding towns since 1915.
- Our caring and dedicated staff creates a welconing family atmosphere and prepares students to meet the future with a foundation of faith, knowledge and values.
- Understanding the challenges faced by families, we provide each child with the opportunity to reach his/her potential emphasizing the two great commandments of the Church: Love of God and Love of Neighbor.
- Saint Joseph School is a community in pursuit of academic excellence through a lived experience in faith.
- The dignity of every person and the importance of shared responsibility for the good of all are the goals toward which we strive.
- We educate the whole child – spiritually, socially, academically and emotionally.
- Saint Joseph School exists for the education of the child as he/she relates to God, to the Church, and to himself/herself and to the communities to which he/she belongs.
- We accept each child as he/she is – a unique and cherished child of the Father, redeemed by Jesus Christ.
- Academically, standardized test scores continuously place Saint Joseph School students 2+ years above grade level.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||138 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Contact the school for tuition rates. Partial tuition scholarships available.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Builder’s Club, Chess Club, Reading Club, Chess Club, Student Representatives, Peer Responder Program, Musical Theater, Instrumental Music Instruction, Piano Lessons, Youth Choir, Art Club, Jr. High Dances, Before/After School Program, Yearbook Club, Writ Chess Club, Reading Club, Chess Club, Piano Lessons, Youth Choir, Art Club, Yearbook Club, Writ, Builder’s Club,
Peer Responder Program,
Instrumental Music Instruction,
Jr. High Dances,
Before/After School Program,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MeridenGrades: K-9 | 205 students
115 Lewis Ave
Meriden, CT 06451
MeridenGrades: KG-8 | 163 students
81 Akron St
Meriden, CT 06450
MeridenGrades: NS-K | 35 students
20 South Broad Terrace
Meriden, CT 06450
CheshireGrades: PK-K | 20 students
660 Boulder Rd.
Cheshire, CT 06410
Saint Joseph School is full of heart and teachers that care for students and provide opportunities for academic success. Parents are actively involved and the Parish and the community are supportive and work with us as a team to provide the best education for our students
- Posted by Administrator - princ
The teachers at Saint Joseph School prepare my kids for the future and provide things that a public school can not. Their teaching style challenges my kids to reach beyond their potential academically, socially and morally. Excellent communication, fun events and a caring community add to my experience here. My kids want to go to school and have a love for learning! Join us as we soar to our 100th year!!!
- Posted by Parent - mary_