|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 37%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||99 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English 11, AP English 12, AP Government, AP Physics, AP Spanish IV, Honors Algebra II, Honors Architecture (I, II, III, IV), Honors Art Portfolio (I, II, III, IV), Honors Biology, Honors Calculus, Honors Chemistry, Honors Economics, Honors Geometry, Honors Latin III, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Spanish III, Honors World History, Pre-AP English 10, Pre-AP English 9|
|Average SAT score||1646|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,448|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K – 5 full days $7488 (4 day and half day available) Kindergarten - full day $7488 Elementary (1-5) $8448 Middle School (6-8) $9312 High School (9-12) $10680|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Rusty Sugg|
|Admissions Associate||Kelly Morlan|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Our Goal is to commit every aspect of SACS to the glory of God.
Objective 1: FEAR THE LORD – Wisdom and Knowledge
• To develop in students a knowledge of a loving God’s purpose and plan for their lives
• To motivate students to excel both spiritually and academically in a college preparatory environment
• To present truth in a manner that is comprehensible and applicable to each student
• To help each student develop the desire to see things from God’s perspective
• To develop in students an awareness of God’s design for the family
• To assist each student in understanding that he is a product of God’s special creation
• To demonstrate and help students understand authority structures and the importance of submission to authority
Objective 2: WALK IN HIS WAYS – Spiritual Growth
• To encourage each student to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• To help each student mature and develop a Christ-like character
• To teach the importance of daily devotional time and scripture memorization
• To have the school faculty model Christian character and a Godly lifestyle
Objective 3: LOVE – Service
• To teach students to be doers of the Word and not hearers only
• To help students develop a sensitivity to the needs of others
• To instill the importance of Christian service, ministry, and world missions
• To create student awareness of their responsibility to become leaders through service
Objective 4: KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS – Responsibility
• To cause each student to grow according to his potential – academically, physically, socially and spiritually
• To develop a sense of stewardship with the things God has entrusted to each student
• To help students develop self-discipline and personal responsibility
• To teach and promote strong national, state, and local citizenship
• To present post-high school options to students through
academic counseling and college placement
Pre-Kindergarten at SACS is a half-day or full-day program that is designed to create self-motivated, responsible learners. It is a program that excites the imagination, enhances social, intellectual and physical development, and encourages each child to grow in God's grace through an integrated curriculum that focuses on monthly and seasonal themes such as: All about Me, ponds, rivers and oceans; farm life; nutrition; Thanksgiving, Christmas and the birth of Jesus; winter and Arctic animals, Valentine's, Texas and The West, springtime, insects, zoo animals, transportation and safety.
…exercises that include pledges of allegiance to, not only the United States flag, and the Texas flag, but also to the Christian flag and the Bible.
Our Bible curriculum, Scripture Bites, is the basis for our weekly…
Our Letter of the Week from our Letter Person curriculum involves…Bucket Work and Learning Basket activities.
Communication with parents is kept open through a daily take
home folder and a monthly newsletter. Regular conferences are
available to parents.
Kindergarten provides a safe and nurturing environment which encourages students to reach their potential. Our program seeks to integrate God’s Word as we meet the developmental and social needs of children. Each lesson is designed to excite the child’s imagination, while developing intellectual skills and their ability to grow in God’s grace.
Our program offers both full-day and half-day sessions for students who will be five years of age by September 1st. The class size is 18 students. Each student is evaluated prior to entrance to determine individual readiness for Kindergarten. It is our desire that each child be properly placed to ensure that this year of school is not only a positive learning experience, but a smooth transition.
Academic areas of study include Bible, reading, phonics,
penmanship, creative writing, science, social studies, music,
Spanish, computer, art, physical education and library. Story time,
group sharing, field trips, cooking lab, outside play, gardening,
fifth grade buddies and many other fun events combine to make
Kindergarten a memorable experience.
- Elementary grades 1 - 5 offers students many learning experiences in a traditional classroom setting. Each day begins with pledges, songs and prayer. All students attend chapel once a week. All subjects and activities are biblically integrated with the distinct purpose of imparting a view of life that is God-centered. We also seek to encourage each student’s personal relationship with Jesus Christ, guiding them in forming Christ-like attitudes and a Godly value system. A strong sense of patriotism and awareness of missions round out the values we desire to instill in our students.
- Middle School
- Academic and spiritual preparation for high school in an environment that addresses the distinct developmental needs of young adolescents is the objective of the SACS Middle School program. Additionally, our goals extend beyond this to include equipping young people for works of service so they may effectively impact their world for Christ. We strive to create a caring and challenging environment where learning opportunities abound both inside and outside the traditional classroom setting. Students are encouraged to find success through a variety of activities. Fall and spring retreats attended by the student body, teachers, and volunteer parents are not only fun and exciting, but also rich in opportunities for spiritual growth and renewal.
- High School
- Training up students for works of service,” based on Ephesians 4:12, is the motto of San Antonio Christian High School. We offer a program promoting Godliness and moral integrity alongside a college preparatory academic curriculum teaching literacy, communicative and leadership skills, and critical thinking. Athletics, band, chapel, drama, art, journalism, and extra-curricular programs round out the total student experience. Our goal is to help young people become responsible, contributing members of their community. Our historic SAT average is 1142 and 98% of our graduates have gone on to attend college at such notable institutions as Biola, Stanford, Wheaton College,Texas A&M, Baylor, Cedarville College, UT Austin, Princeton, Boston University, Duke, Abilene Christian University, military academies, and many others. Students attend daily Bible classes, weekly chapels, and retreats twice a year to encourage their personal spiritual growth and commitment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San AntonioGrades: K-12 | 230 students
5401 N Loop 1604 E
San Antonio, TX 78247
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
975 Mission Springs
San Antonio, TX 78258
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 1072 students
4802 Vance Jackson Road
San Antonio, TX 78230
Universal CityGrades: PK-12 | 461 students
1401 Pat Booker Rd
Universal City, TX 78148
San AntonioGrades: PK-12 | 517 students
325 Castroville Road
San Antonio, TX 78207
I just love SACS. This is my daughters third year attending! We woudn't have it anyother way! So, worth the sacrafice to send your children to a private school.
- Posted by Parent, 05/17/16
Fabulous school! My daughter went through K through 12 and did very well! We loved it!
- Posted by Student/Alumni, 07/24/15