|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20% (CA School Avg.: 41%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||99%|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(clean and neat)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$19,500|
|Tuition Notes||tuition schedule available upon request|
|Admissions Director||Steven Mayo|
- Strategy-based - we teach students how to learn.
- Transitional - our students learn to be effective, efficient, successful learners, prepared to move on to more "traditional" environments.
- Analytical teaching methodologies - we determine how each individual learns best, then teach him/her to use that learning style to their advantage.
- Self-advocacy - our students learn to be responsible for their learning, to understand their strengths as well as their differences.
- We teach Language, Learning, Memory, Social Skills, Self-Concept strategies.
- We maintain a balanced female/male population.
Profile last updated: 10/07/2013
Poway Bridges Elementary School
Special Education School0 mi | 50 students | Gr. 1-8
Poway Growing Place Montessori Preschool
Montessori School0.6 mi | 105 students | Gr. K-4
Poway Discovery Isle Child Development Center
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.2 mi | 108 students | Gr. K
Poway Childrens Preschool Learning Center
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.3 mi | 59 students | Gr. PK-K
Poway Discovery Isle
Early Childhood / Day Cares2 mi | 143 students | Gr. K 1 Review